Forgotten Hard Rocks Albums: The Four Horsemen "Nobody Said It Was Easy" (1991)

AlphaMale

It was a funny time in rock circa 1991. The last grasp of hair metal before the impending grunge explosion. Growing tired of the samey glam bands coming out on every label, these guys hit me like a brick. Straight ahead bluesy groovy rock and roll. This record was played A TON by me. Maybe only Cry Of Love's "Brother" got more spins.

But here are the highlights:

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 12:58 AM, AlphaMale said:

It was a funny time in rock circa 1991. The last grasp of hair metal before the impending grunge explosion. Growing tired of the samey glam bands coming out on every label, these guys hit me like a brick. Straight ahead bluesy groovy rock and roll. This record was played A TON by me. Maybe only Cry Of Love's "Brother" got more spins.

When I heard the title track on the radio back in '91 I felt the same way, so I picked up the album and was not disappointed.  While far from original, their southern/blues rock mix sounded fresh at the time.  A fun listen with memorable lyrics and it still holds up well.

• Like 1

Remember when I heard their debut EP, I first thought was new material by Lynyrd Skynyrd .

So I  end buying their 3 releases which had Frank C,Starr on vocals.

Frank, had come long way from sing in glam ( Alien, not Swedish one ) , to sing in this band.

R I P Frank.

• Like 1