Tony Mitchell - Hot Endless Summer Nights

Stefan

67362240_2565616436818504_90475668792619

New album 'Hot Endless Summer Nights' out November 26th through AOR Heaven.

From AOR Heaven:

TONY MITCHELL is best known as being the singer & songwriter of 90s classic rock band KISS OF THE GYPSY which was signed to Atlantic Records USA/Warner Chappell. They toured the UK and the States to showcase their debut album delivering high energy live shows to great acclaim. Songs such as “Whatever It Takes” or “Take This Old Heart” are still melodic rock classics to this day.

Mitchell has sung for RICK WAKEMAN on the album “Return To The Centre Of The Earth” and sung and played guitar for ALICE COOPER, JON ANDERSON, ALAN PARSONS PROJECT, TONY HADLEY & IT BITES on the British Rock Symphony South American tour 2000. The artist also has spent years writing and recording for various bands, artists, TV & media, also releasing albums with KINGDOM OF DEADMEN & early solo albums. TONY MITCHELL was also the mainman for Melodic/AOR band DIRTY WHITE BOYZ with their 2016 album release “Down & Dirty”.

In 2018, he released his solo album “Beggars Gold” to rave reviews with dynamic tracks such as “Playing With Fire” or “What You Make It”(featuring DANTE FOX’ vocalist Sue Willetts). 2020 saw Mitchell release his most successful album to date via AOR Heaven, “Church of a Restless Soul” that featured the duet with Danny Vaughn, “Mighty Fall”, the uplifting “Living on the run, the heart wrenching “I Believe in Angels” & the ever catchy “Electric” to great acclaim.

Nearly two years on, Tony Mitchell releases his third & most ambitious album to date, “Hot Endless Summer Nights” which predominately has an 80’s retrowave flavour. He draws on the experiences he had in the USA in the late 80’s. Mitchell spent several months travelling coast to coast taking in the sights, sounds & overall American culture & always said it was a massive influence on his songwriting.

Mitchell comments: “I wanted to create something a little different from the first two albums, pushing myself further to try & connect with a modern 80s feel. I have tried to blend my normal AOR/Melodic Rock style with an 80’s vibe as I love that era not only for the music but for the movies too. The 80s movies had some killer soundtracks & always had a big influence, especially in my earlier days with “FANTAZIA”. As I was writing the songs, I spent a lot of time concentrating on my keyboard playing & sourcing the right sounds for the tracks but keeping the vocals & guitar to the forefront. I wanted to make an uplifting album where you can travel through time, close your eyes & maybe visualize a mini movie for each individual track.

As a songwriter, I never want to stand still & with this album, I just wanted to take everyone to a different place after the traumatic years we have all had, to take a trip back in time or a journey into the future? “

TONY MITCHELL – VOCALS, GUITARS & KEYBOARDS

MILES - LEAD GUITARS

NIGEL BAILEY - BASS & BACKING VOCALS

EDDIE ANTONY - DRUMS & PERCUSSION

DANIEL SINGS - SAXAPHONE

THE ROGUES GALLERY ROCK CHOIR - BACKING VOCALS

218679.jpg?w=1024

Track list:

01. Hot Endless Summer Nights

02. Can’t Fight it

03. Blame it on the Rock n Roll

04 Strong Enough