Another year... time for the 2021 HH Donation Drive (No Mask Required)!

On 10/5/2021 at 12:00 AM, heavyharmonies said:

Weird, you're the second person that has had this problem, but I've been receiving international donations and have changed nothing in the donation code either here on the board or on the main site in years.

If you were trying the donation button here, can you try the ones on the main site (or vice versa) to see if there's a difference?

If not, you can send manually to webmaster@heavyharmonies.com

Thanks!

-Dan

I tried the Donation button again and it failed so I send manually,

thanks a lot for keeping up with this site and hope the donation this year succeed

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks left to go!

First, thanks to everyone who has donated to support the site so far. With 2 weeks left, the drive has raised 51% of the goal, so 6 months of site expenses are covered for the year. I'd like to see if we can nudge that a bit higher. I don't expect it to come as close to goal as in some previous years, but hope springs eternal. ;)

If you use the site regularly and find it and/or this community useful or enjoyable and you haven't yet donated, please consider chipping in $10 or $20 for the year. If you can't afford that, then $5. Every little bit helps!

Thanks again!

-Dan

1 week left until the end of the drive. Hopefully Halloween will bring out some treats for HH. ;)

Stuck at 55% of goal, which is down considerably from 2020 donations. I guess the current hyperinflation and economic uncertainty currently going on is having an effect on people's ability to spend.

At any rate, my continued thanks to those who have supported HH, and if you haven't donated, well.... to quote It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown: "you get a rock."

(and you don't get TO rock!) :banger:

-Dan

6 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

1 week left until the end of the drive. Hopefully Halloween will bring out some treats for HH. ;)

Stuck at 55% of goal, which is down considerably from 2020 donations. I guess the current hyperinflation and economic uncertainty currently going on is having an effect on people's ability to spend.

At any rate, my continued thanks to those who have supported HH, and if you haven't donated, well.... to quote It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown: "you get a rock."

(and you don't get TO rock!) :banger:

-Dan

I would like to finally send a donation but it wouldn't be until mid-November.

4 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I would like to finally send a donation but it wouldn't be until mid-November.

I'll allow it.

:P :lol:

Seriously though, it's all good, whenever works for you, I appreciate the support.

-Dan

5 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

I'll allow it.

:P :lol:

Seriously though, it's all good, whenever works for you, I appreciate the support.

-Dan

In all seriousness, you should extend the drive through the end of the year. Better chance at reaching your goal.

I don't like to beat people over the head about it any longer than I have to. Once ould argue that 6 weeks is even too long to have that banner on the main site and post nags, etc. Also, the longer it stays up, the less impact it has (IMO).

What I might do as a middle road is take stuff off the main site as planned on Oct. 31, but leave the donation widget with the goal progress indicater up and running here on the board.

I would look into PayPal subscriptions (so that people could sign up for small regular payments which could be easier for them to handle), but the problem with that is that PayPal then takes 30 cents + 3.8% for EVERY single monthly payment, not just once... even more on payments coming from outside the U.S.

So for example, on a $20 one-time donation coming from outside the U.S., PayPal takes $1.37 off the top (7%). On a 12-month subscription for that same $20 total, PayPal would take $4.44 (22%). I'm approximating; it may actually be a higher cut depending on the funding source.

It's just not worth it for small dollar amounts, and would be a PITA to track and reconcile.

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

I don't like to beat people over the head about it any longer than I have to. Once ould argue that 6 weeks is even too long to have that banner on the main site and post nags, etc. Also, the longer it stays up, the less impact it has (IMO).

What I might do as a middle road is take stuff off the main site as planned on Oct. 31, but leave the donation widget with the goal progress indicater up and running here on the board.

I would look into PayPal subscriptions (so that people could sign up for small regular payments which could be easier for them to handle), but the problem with that is that PayPal then takes 30 cents + 3.8% for EVERY single monthly payment, not just once... even more on payments coming from outside the U.S.

So for example, on a $20 one-time donation coming from outside the U.S., PayPal takes $1.37 off the top (7%). On a 12-month subscription for that same $20 total, PayPal would take $4.44 (22%). I'm approximating; it may actually be a higher cut depending on the funding source.

It's just not worth it for small dollar amounts, and would be a PITA to track and reconcile.

I understand completely. 

One day left! In the last several days a number of donations have come in, bumping the total to 72% of goal, now covering a bit over 8 months worth of site expenses. Still a few hundred dollars short of 2020's final tally.

Thanks to everyone who has supported HH thus far. For those who haven't, if you don't contribute, you'll get kale and anchovies instead of candy in your trick-or-treat basket tonight!

:eek:

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2021 at 8:19 AM, Glen said:

if I can fix my PayPal I will of course donate. Bloody thing is locked out :(

I hate PP for that reason. Bunch of con-artists.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have done my duty and donated now! Please confirm Dan the CD man.