Another year... time for the 2021 HH Donation Drive (No Mask Required)!

Honestly, a year ago I would have thought that we would have put COVID well behind us by now... but sadly not much has changed in the world. Here in the U.S. we exchanged Asshole-in-Chief for Dementia-in-Chief, and it's pretty much the same sort of corrupt slugs running things. Basically life plods on as usual.

Musically, the last year has been excellent, so at least that's one saving grace.

Time once again for me to nag and beg everyone to chip in to cover Heavy Harmonies' expenses. Costs for the site run about $195 a month, about the same as last several years. Unlike the cost of consumer goods, which have gone insane, electronic services have remained fairly stable.

So when I say "costs", what do I mean? It's the out-of-pocket expenses to keep Heavy Harmonies running: server lease, bandwidth, hosting support, and the subscription for this forum software.

The 2020 drive did quite well, given what was going on in the world, reaching 85% of goal of covering the annual costs. Let's see if we can meet, or better yet, beat that goal!

The donation drive will run through Halloween, October 31.

Anyone who makes a single donation of $20 or more and has a board username will be added to the group "2021 Donors". This gets you the following benefits:

• A nice shiny icon in your profile showing that you are an HH Donor for 2021: 1302195930_2021Donor_0.png.3e087bf941de7
  • An increase in the size of your PM storage from 200 to 500 messages
  • Exempt from the search flood control (normally if you try and do a search more than every 20 seconds, you get an annoying little "please wait" message)
  • The ability to start threads in the sale forum.
  • No time limit on editing your own posts! This will especially be useful for those with trade/sale lists as you'll be able to edit them rather than posting revised versions.
  • A warm fuzzy feeling inside that you are helping support Heavy Harmonies!

If you donate $50 during the drive, either as a single donation or across multiple donations, you will be added to the group "2021 Gold Donors". This gets you the following in addition to the above:

• A bigger, shiny badge: 206391984_2021GoldDonor_1.png.7d60af3e51
  • All your posts will be highlighted, because if you show this much dedication to HH, what you have to say is obviously more more important! (just kidding, but your posts will be accentuated).

In your donation, please put your board username in the notes section! Otherwise I have no way to tie your donation to your membership here on the board.

If you are currently in the 2020 donor groups but don't wish to donate this year (or can't), at the end of the donation drive, your group membership will revert to the regular non-donator membership group.

Membership in the 2021 Donors group will last until the end of next year's donation drive, at which point you can donate again to remain in the Donors group with the same benefits, or revert back to your current member group.

PayPal donation buttons are found at the top of all the pages on the main site and here on the forum on the right side at the top, or if you'd prefer to send a money order, check, or cash (not recommended, but I know some people prefer to do so), you can make payable to Dan Harding and send to:

Heavy Harmonies
P.O. Box 17158
Urbana, IL 61803
USA

If you can't give $20, give $10... if you can't give $10, give $5... it's just once a year.

(And if you happen to be fortunate enough to be earning 6 figures or more per year, please feel free to give gobs of cash! I'm not opposed to having a sugar daddy or seven :lol:)

As always, your support is greatly appreciated! :git::banger:

-Dan

That currency option was a misconfiguration on my part. It shouldn't have been there. I now have a balance in Australian dollars that I have no clue what to do with. :D

Thank you for the donation!

-Dan

• 2021 Gold Donors

In keeping with the "vaccine" theme, I gave you a double shot mate.

Big thanks to you and the rest of the guys who maintain the site.

I've mentioned it before, but this site has been a safe haven for me, even more so over the last 18 months

Thanks again. 

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Typical leftist, looking for another hand out. 

;}

Pfft. It is pure capitalism asking people to pay for a service they use. Leftists would demand that someone else should pay! ;)

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, auslander said:

Pfft. It is pure capitalism asking people to pay for a service they use. Leftists would demand that someone else should pay! ;)

Hey, pay for me!

• Haha 2

• 2021 Gold Donors
10 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Hey, pay for me!

Everyone knows that it's the left leaning people on this site who are the most generous !;)

Put my little thing in the other day (that's what he said) and I thank you for the top site, Dan. Sorry I can't throw more at you, but I appreciate the site always. 

Ken Jeong Thank You GIF by The Masked Singer

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Put my little thing in the other day (that's what he said) and I thank you for the top site, Dan. Sorry I can't throw more at you, but I appreciate the site always. 

Ken Jeong Thank You GIF by The Masked Singer

It really didn't feel little lover! *wink* *wink*

• Thanks 1

Just about a quarter of the way through the donation drive and it has raised 24% of goal, or enough to cover roughly 3 months of Heavy Harmonies' expenses for the year. Thanks to everyone who has donated so far!

Hello Dan,

it's weird that I can't use the Donation button, it keeps saying my country doesn't support donation, normally i can do that, so can I have your email address so I can send manually via Paypal ?

Cheers

Weird, you're the second person that has had this problem, but I've been receiving international donations and have changed nothing in the donation code either here on the board or on the main site in years.

If you were trying the donation button here, can you try the ones on the main site (or vice versa) to see if there's a difference?

If not, you can send manually to webmaster@heavyharmonies.com

Thanks!

-Dan

We're about half way through the 2021 Heavy Harmonies Donation Drive and donations have reached 37% of goal, enough to cover just over 4 months of site expenses. Not as far along as recent years, but thank you to everyone who has supported the site!

-Dan