CATS IN SPACE - Diamonds: The Best Of Cats In Space" (2021)

AlphaMale

from various internet sources

CATS IN SPACE – Diamonds : The Best Of Cats In Space (2021)

SEPTEMBER 9, 2021

CATS IN SPACE - Diamonds : The Best Of Cats In Space (2021) full

“Re-Mixed, Re-Vamped… REMARKABLE” – It’s the best way to surmise “Diamonds : The Best Of Cats In Space“, the brand new compilation album by UK Classic Rockers CATS IN SPACE.

Released tomorrow, the 14 track CD features the cream of the Cats’ catalogue but each song has been remixed, and also re-vocaled by lead singer Damien Edwards. Amongst the grooves is an exclusive ‘live’ recording of the bands epic anthem “Greatest story never told”, which was the centre piece of the bands’ live stream concert recorded last year at KKs Steel Mill in Wolverhampton.

The CD contains a further three bonus tracks all culled from last year’s smash hit album ‘Atlantis’. The song that started the whole story in 2015 – ‘Mr. Heartache’ – has been remixed, with Damien’s vocal adding a brand new spin on this much loved classic song.

The Cats said: “Whilst we know too well ‘tinkering’ with songs loved by the fans can be seen as risky, we feel that it is a fantastic way to move the band forward as we look to Europe especially where the band is still yet to really make a mark. Having the new line-up promoting all our back catalogue on an official release we think establishes the fact this is Cats post-lockdown looking to a new future as we plan into 2022 and beyond”.

The band are already back in the studio recording the follow up to ‘Atlantis’ and preparing for their UK tour which kicks off on August 28th.

Tracklist:

01 – Too Many Gods
02 – Silver & Gold
03 – Chasing Diamonds
04 – Mr. Heartache
05 – Thunder In The Night
06 – Scars
07 – Hologram Man
08 – Scarecrow
09 – 2.59
10 – Last Man Standing
11 – I Fell Out Of Love With Rock ‘n’ Roll
12 – Listen To The Radio
13 – Revolution
14 – Greatest Story Never Told (Live 2020)

Damien Edwards – Lead & backing vocals
Greg Hart – Guitars, vocals, tubular bells, Moog
Steevi Bacon – Drums, percussion, timpani, harmonica
Abdy Stewart – Piano, electric piano, synthesizers
Dean Howard – Guitars, slide guitar
Jeff Brown – Bass guitars, vocals

Pre Order:
www.amazon.co.uk/Diamonds-Best-Cats-Space/dp/B09BKR3591

• Like 1

Think they just wanted Damien to put his spin on things with the re-recordings,this is a very good comp...but then again they could've released this as a double disc because they have so much quality stuff to make a best of from without re-recording.

Edited by lettard

2 hours ago, Glen said:

not sure the songs needed re-recording but there you go. 

I hate it when bands get a new singer and then try and change history and re-record their tracks without them. It's a scummy move in my opinion. 

I will keep my discs of their albums and not bother with this rehashed "greatest hits".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glen said:

I don't like this idea because I like the originals. I don't need the new singer singing them.

But since I am a fan of the band now, I will check it out. 

Edited by AlphaMale

22 hours ago, Glen said:

100% Why change perfect songs? Guarantee I won't like them more.
Assuming this was a Best of compilation, I'd be asking where the following songs are
Unicorn
Only In Vegas
Unfinished Symphony
September Rain
One Small Step
Narnia

That said, their are a lot of great songs to choose from, but would be hard to omit those...

13 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Assuming this was a Best of compilation, I'd be asking where the following songs are
Unicorn
Only In Vegas
Unfinished Symphony
September Rain
One Small Step
Narnia

That said, their are a lot of great songs to choose from, but would be hard to omit those...

Clocking in at around 58 minutes, 20 more minutes of music wouldn't do any harm.

Why the artist don't give full value for the money is beyond me.

For greatest hits albums that is.

Edited by Stefan

17 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Unicorn
Only In Vegas
Unfinished Symphony
September Rain
One Small Step
Narnia

yeah those first 2 are like my fav CiS songs 

OK, so I listened to the new version, and it was good, but missing 'something' which was basically the exact sound of the original lol
My next thought was that live, Damian will be spot on, and possibly even sound better than Paul as his goal will be to sound like the originals more than Paul, as live Paul will vary and change a bit just for fun.

Then I played those two version together, lined them up and then alternated muting one at a time.
Was surprised at how close they were. Really matched well, but still all those inflections and unique voice parts changed the song a bit. Probably sounds as good as Paul could have done, as he likely wouldn't replicate them the same either.

3 hours ago, Glen said:

I guess at the end of the day he left for Sweet - am I right on that? (ie wasn't pushed?)

So this guy is an ample replacement. 

Damian is the second replacement.

And yes, he left on what appeared to be very amicable terms.

I still don't understand WHY they had to record new versions. It's only been a few years since the originals AND they aren't doing acoustic or reworked versions with a different spin on the originals. So what's the point?

• Like 1

Okay, I'm going to say it.

I love this revamped recordings. Damian sounds great. 

Did we really need this? I kinda like him singing on these tracks to be honest.

I am going to keep listening to it tonight.

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Like 1

They have basically done these re-records as promo for future gigs/tours to showcase how the band sounds now and made it a bit of a money making venture as well for the collectors.....There is only one pressing of this CD, so once it's gone, that's it. seems reasonable. Damian sings these really well too , although the originals  will always be my preferred versions. They were absolutely fantastic live when I saw them last week, if anyone is thinking of catching them on this tour.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jez said:

They have basically done these re-records as promo for future gigs/tours to showcase how the band sounds now and made it a bit of a money making venture as well for the collectors.....There is only one pressing of this CD, so once it's gone, that's it. seems reasonable. Damian sings these really well too , although the originals  will always be my preferred versions. They were absolutely fantastic live when I saw them last week, if anyone is thinking of catching them on this tour.

My thoughts exactly "the originals will always be my preferred versions".