Lukather

Leykis101

Considering the mans body of work over so many years, would you consider Steve Lukather massively and sickeningly underrated? He's known among people like us, and i'd say even worshiped by some standards, but overall I feel like he should be much more well known and appreciated by everyone, think of the dent in the music world had Steve Lukather never been in it.

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

Considering the mans body of work over so many years, would you consider Steve Lukather massively and sickeningly underrated? He's known among people like us, and i'd say even worshiped by some standards, but overall I feel like he should be much more well known and appreciated by everyone, think of the dent in the music world had Steve Lukather never been in it.

yes underrated as a guitarist and a solo artist 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say he is underrated in the rock world..., just look how in demand he is as a session guy, and as you say, his body of work either solo or with Toto...Mightily impressive. Outside of that, I would agree to a certain extent. .One of the best guitar players to have ever walked this earth imho. 

• Thanks 1

The Luke is very like Dann Huff, very underrated. When see some albums or singles he played on e.g. he payed on " Beat It " before Eddie's solo.

• Like 1

Its almost mind blowing how many albums he's played on, maybe even in just  a single song on an album he will have a credit, I mean literally there have been albums ive never fucking heard of, never known anyone else who has, nothing on it anywhere on the internet, and i'll look in the credits and it will have Lukather, another one like that not so much anymore is David Foster, he will have writing credits on shit ive never fucking heard of, like from the 70s, its mind blowing.

• Like 2