Trying something bat shit crazy

Leykis101

Tomorrow im starting something Ive never done in my life, Ive worked out and lifted since I started playing baseball and football in Jr. High, Ive always thought the guys who went to the gym at 4am had some mental problems, why the fuck would anyone get up at 4am if they didnt have to, my daughters mom would go work out at 5am every morning, I cant even fully wake up until at least 2pm, no matter what my sleep schedule is, but tomorrow Im going to get up at 4:30am, and go work out with Karissa, I still think people who do this are fucking nuts, but now Im going to join that nuts group, I just dont see the need, that means i'll have my whole evening completely free, do any of you work out that early in the morning? I always just assume everyone works out at night, well except for crazy people, if you work out that early, is there truly any benefit to it, outside of being bored as fuck in the evening?

11 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Tomorrow im starting something Ive never done in my life, Ive worked out and lifted since I started playing baseball and football in Jr. High, Ive always thought the guys who went to the gym at 4am had some mental problems, why the fuck would anyone get up at 4am if they didnt have to, my daughters mom would go work out at 5am every morning, I cant even fully wake up until at least 2pm, no matter what my sleep schedule is, but tomorrow Im going to get up at 4:30am, and go work out with Karissa, I still think people who do this are fucking nuts, but now Im going to join that nuts group, I just dont see the need, that means i'll have my whole evening completely free, do any of you work out that early in the morning? I always just assume everyone works out at night, well except for crazy people, if you work out that early, is there truly any benefit to it, outside of being bored as fuck in the evening?

I don't get out of bed before noon....and the biggest workout I get in the evening is when I have to get up out of my easy chair to look for the fucking tv remote....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I don't get out of bed before noon....and the biggest workout I get in the evening is when I have to get up out of my easy chair to look for the fucking tv remote....

your remote should never be outside of hands reach from the ez chair, you should no that at your age, wtf??

• Haha 1

This is why you should get married. Then you won't have to give a shit what you look like. I used to be fit and good looking... when I was single! Now, I started to even cut my own hair that's how much I don't care about my appearance haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, auslander said:

This is why you should get married. Then you won't have to give a shit what you look like. I used to be fit and good looking... when I was single! Now, I started to even cut my own hair that's how much I don't care about my appearance haha.

No bro it makes you feel good, I am a recovering drug addict, can't have to much free time on my hands, and plus I want to look as good as I possibly can in general, cause god knows I'm on the bad side of hideous, so u gotta throw in some incentive, plus I don't want my gf to look like a pig, I don't assume she wants me to look like one, how do u get wood if your old ladys ass looks like 50lbs of chewed bubble gum? Lol

22 hours ago, Darkstone said:

It sounds like you're doing this more for Karissa than for yourself and that's a credit to you mate.

Nice one.

I never said that, lol, I went out of  my way intentionally to avoid saying that, and here Dusty makes me, here I sit at 11:15pm, I gotta get up at 4:30am, how the fuck does she do it? dude I FUCKING HATE EVERYONE AT 4:30AM, AND PEOPLE THAT ARE BUBBLY AND HAPPY AT THAT HOUR WARRANT AN EXTRA DEATH SENTENCE FROM ME!! Ugh!! thats all I'll say cause with my luck she will somehow see this and then i'll get yelled at, in an english accent, sometimes It seems like shes speaking a different language, and I start to laugh, and that pisses her off more, as mr. slave on south park says, JEEZ CHRIST

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

I never said that, lol, I went out of  my way intentionally to avoid saying that.

It was implied and deep down you know it.

You magnificent pussy whipped bastard.

• Haha 1

I don't exercise as much as I used to, but yeah, when I do it's generally at night too, unless I can get some exercise-in-the-park action during work, around lunchtime. You have those parks in the US decked out in free to use exercise equipment? Love that shit, if it's free and empty. Sadly, since no one works in Australia anymore, the area is always crowded as fuck so I don't get on the equipment anymore. 

Anyway, I don't mind taking a photo or two and sunrise is constantly the best time of day for this to take place. So every holiday we ever used to go on (I almost forgot to write past tense) and at least one day per weekend, I get up anywhere from 1-2 hours before sunrise to get out amongst it. Fucking hate waking up, every single time, but never once regret it when I'm actually out there. Same with surfing in summer. I usually get up around 5-6am for a surf to beat crowds, get best conditions, and be back in time for the family's rising. 

Moral of the story is, I truly believe I would hate waking up early more than anyone on the planet, but do it semi-often. My problem is I've never been in bed before 1am earliest at night, which makes those early morning wake ups all the more fucked up. 

Enjoy the session, though. It is awesome achieving something worthwhile before the time you'd actually even wake up normally. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

I don't exercise as much as I used to, but yeah, when I do it's generally at night too, unless I can get some exercise-in-the-park action during work, around lunchtime. You have those parks in the US decked out in free to use exercise equipment? Love that shit, if it's free and empty. Sadly, since no one works in Australia anymore, the area is always crowded as fuck so I don't get on the equipment anymore. 

Anyway, I don't mind taking a photo or two and sunrise is constantly the best time of day for this to take place. So every holiday we ever used to go on (I almost forgot to write past tense) and at least one day per weekend, I get up anywhere from 1-2 hours before sunrise to get out amongst it. Fucking hate waking up, every single time, but never once regret it when I'm actually out there. Same with surfing in summer. I usually get up around 5-6am for a surf to beat crowds, get best conditions, and be back in time for the family's rising. 

Moral of the story is, I truly believe I would hate waking up early more than anyone on the planet, but do it semi-often. My problem is I've never been in bed before 1am earliest at night, which makes those early morning wake ups all the more fucked up. 

Enjoy the session, though. It is awesome achieving something worthwhile before the time you'd actually even wake up normally. 

totally respect that you surf. Guessing that you must good after years ?? No idea really what the surf is like in Australia?

The best we've managed in UK is bodyboarding but its because the wave beaches are all west cost about 350 miles away so we only really get an opportunity like once a year.

Really hoping that maybe next year the kids try proper surf school. if only for a week 

I am a home worker so work out at lunchtimes.

This usually involves running 5-10kms three times a week, plus I take part in the weekly timed parkrun on Saturday mornings now it has re-opened.

Used to run much more and have done half and full marathons but getting on a bit now lol 😆  

I did used to do quite early runs tho at weekends, up at 6am and do 15 miles 

• Like 1

I start work at 5am every weekday morning...this involves walking anything from 20 to 25 miles every day...so I'm in no need of exercise...my problem is Saturday nights when I drink my body weight in beer and undo all the good work i've done all week..then begin again on a Monday  :(

Thing is I've just recovered from surgery that I had in June and I had to sit on my arse for 2 months...I put like 2 stone on  :(...got back to work last week and have shifted over a stone of that already...but Saturday isn't far away...so slowly slowly catchy monkey :drink:

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen said:

totally respect that you surf. Guessing that you must good after years ?? No idea really what the surf is like in Australia?

The best we've managed in UK is bodyboarding but its because the wave beaches are all west cost about 350 miles away so we only really get an opportunity like once a year.

Really hoping that maybe next year the kids try proper surf school. if only for a week 

I wouldn't call me "good," but entirely capable. The thing with surfing, like any sport really, is that you need to do it very regularly to maintain your skill level, and once or twice a week, on weekend, is not anywhere near as regular as I'd like. Throw in the inevitable weekends of no swell and it's not irregular that a couple of weeks pass between surfs. And of course, when you do get out you are governed a lot by the conditions as to how well you go on that day.

Australia would undoubtedly be one of, if not the top place on earth for surfing, but it doesn't mean you get good waves every time you hit the water. Plus, good surf draws big crowds and without exception I will always seek out worse, less crowded waves over better, crowded waves. Cannot handle the crowds. 

Yeah, I bodyboarded my whole childhood and my kids love bodyboarding, though my son has already started surfing a bit on his foam surfboard. Love seeing it as I've always dreamed of heading out surfing with my kids when they're old enough. We're very lucky to live a 2min drive and about 10-15min walk from the beach, though, which helps things a lot. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I am a home worker so work out at lunchtimes.

This usually involves running 5-10kms three times a week, plus I take part in the weekly timed parkrun on Saturday mornings now it has re-opened.

Used to run much more and have done half and full marathons but getting on a bit now lol 😆  

I did used to do quite early runs tho at weekends, up at 6am and do 15 miles 

Sounds exactly like my wife. Except she is always waking up at 5am or earlier to do her runs due to either work or at the moment staying home with the kids. And she would dearly love to still be doing half and full marathons, but I'm sure you can make a guess as to why she's not. :(

11 minutes ago, lettard said:

I start work at 5am every weekday morning...this involves walking anything from 20 to 25 miles every day...so I'm in no need of exercise...my problem is Saturday nights when I drink my body weight in beer and undo all the good work i've done all week..then begin again on a Monday  :(

Thing is I've just recovered from surgery that I had in June and I had to sit on my arse for 2 months...I put like 2 stone on  :(...got back to work last week and have shifted over a stone of that already...but Saturday isn't far away...so slowly slowly catchy monkey :drink:

Yeah, my job is pretty good exercise too and has certainly saved me from a few extra kgs. I only wish I had your self control in waiting until Saturday night for a new tins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, lettard said:

Picturing you as a parking inspector...?

11 hours ago, auslander said:

Picturing you as a parking inspector...?

Naw...Im a binman,Im  out before the traffic :)

early starts...but I get finished up around 3.30pm everyday so I can get the kids from school

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

I only wish I had your self control in waiting until Saturday night for a new tins. 

Wasn't always that way..used to have a few to the midweek Champions League football(tues/weds) the Premier league darts(Thurs) and then I played darts on a friday night so was in the bar from 5 until closing...had to catch myself on...now I really look forward to a Saturday  :) doesnt matter what shits on telly...I just stick on the stereo and chill.

23 minutes ago, lettard said:

Naw...Im a binman,Im  out before the traffic :)

early starts...but I get finished up around 3.30pm everyday so I can get the kids from school

Dude! Our bin men never get out of their trucks. I didn't even know there were still bin men who did that in other countries. Impressed.

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

I used to deliver newspapers and getting up early grows old fast.

In 2018 I got up between 4:10 AM and 4:30 AM a total of 358 days out of 365 days and it sucked.

Thankfully it was a motorized route or I'd never be able to have done it.

yeah this fucking blows, I cant even function this fucking early, I put a couple 45lbs on to warm up on the military press, and I cant even fucking get out 2, I usually do 10 to warm up, I dont get how this could be helping me in anyway when I cant even perform at normal level, fuck I dont even want to lift, I just sit on the bench press bench and this morning I realized id been sitting there spaced out for like 15 minutes, I know how this is going to go, Im going to fuck off and not lift at all, then that will become a habit, then im gonna get ashamed, and then not want to even go, I gotta get her to go with me at night, plus nobodys even fucking lifting at 4:45am, everyone there is senior citizens and the weight room is empty, so nobody to spot, Jesuz chriz