Beast In Black - Dark Connection

Stefan

brs-beast-in-black-dark-connection-album

Oh yeah, they're back! Awesome.

Press release from Nuclear Blast:

2021-08-20 - The future has begun: Today, heavy metal heroes BEAST IN BLACK start into a new shimmering metallic era of their bright future. The band announces their new album "Dark Connection"and reveals the cover artwork for this fantastic masterpiece, catapulting the listener into the exciting world of cyberpunk. "Dark Connection" marks the third album of the international high-flyers and will be released on October 29th via Nuclear Blast Records.

Guitarist Anton Kabanen states, "Enter cyberpunk. Flying cars, sprawling metropolis, valleys of neon lights, emotionless killers, gynoids, femmes fatales, shadowy characters, lethal lust, forbidden passion, love larger than life, space travel... All this and much more is what Dark Connection holds within. Such cyberpunk animes as Armitage III, Cyber City Oedo 808, AD Police, Battle Angel Alita and Bubblegum Crisis have essentially served as sources of inspiration, as well as the immortal classic film by Ridley Scott; Blade Runner. And as always, a Beast In Black album wouldn't be a Beast In Black album without a heavy impact of Berserk, the manga and anime creation of Kentaro Miura. Sadly, the beloved author passed away while we were still making this album. Thus, Dark Connection is dedicated to Kentaro Miura." 

A first musical appetizer of "Dark Connection" called 'Moonlight Rendezvous' will be released on September 3rd. Keep an eye on the band’s and label’s channels to not miss any news.

Anton continues on the artwork, "The instantly captivating album artwork was once again done by Roman Ismailov. Its visual emphasis significantly correlates with the recurring themes of Dark Connection. The tense gaze shared between the Beast and the drop-dead gorgeous femme fatale gynoid, Cynthia, speaks of an exciting, arousing, dangerous, mysterious and even questionable connection on a physical, emotional and moral level. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well, this certainly is the case!"

The track list for "Dark Connection" reads as follows:
1. Blade Runner
2. Bella Donna
3. Highway To Mars
4. Hardcore
5. One Night In Tokyo
6. Moonlight Rendezvous
7. Revengeance Machine
8. Dark New World
9. To The Last Drop Of Blood
10. Broken Survivors
11. My Dystopia
12. Battle Hymn (MANOWAR Cover)
13. They Don't Care About Us (MICHAEL JACKSON Cover)

beastinblack.com

facebook

Edited by Stefan

I enjoy some of the tunes off their last two albums.  Anton can write some great melodies and the singer has a great range.  New track is solid.  The synths are a bit more pronounced than in past.  Not saying that's a bad thing just an observation.  I think they may get less attention on the forum just due to the mix of styles (Eurobeat, metal, symphonic rock) leading to more of a niche audience.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aordave89 said:

Holy shit this album rips - Everything you want from the album is delivered in spades. Love these guys.

Bella Donna is some tune. 

Mine is coming tomorrow  :banger:

15 minutes ago, auslander said:

Agreed. 

I liked the last album but for me there were about 4 songs which massively stood out from the rest. I hope this will all be like those 4 songs 

13 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Holy shit this album rips - Everything you want from the album is delivered in spades. Love these guys.

Bella Donna is some tune. 

seems even more frantic than before. Not sure it's for me tbh. And the singer sounds even more screechy, if thats possible lol 😆 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Glen said:

seems even more frantic than before. Not sure it's for me tbh. And the singer sounds even more screechy, if thats possible lol 😆 

Sounds like Aqua's "Barbie Girl" with added shitty guitars.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Haha all good mate - Maybe give it another spin at some point. I think tunes like Bella Donna, Dark New World, Blade Runner and Moonlight Rendezvous could have been straight off the previous album. 

They aren’t for everyone but I can’t get enough. Feels like I’m in the year 3045 every time I put it on :lol:

17 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

Haha all good mate - Maybe give it another spin at some point. I think tunes like Bella Donna, Dark New World, Blade Runner and Moonlight Rendezvous could have been straight off the previous album. 

They aren’t for everyone but I can’t get enough. Feels like I’m in the year 3045 every time I put it on :lol:

seems like there is always a 4 song EP I like from these guys.

This time round its

Bella Donna

Highway to Mars

One Night in Tokyo

Broken Survivors.

All added to my playlist :)

6 minutes ago, Glen said:

seems like there is always a 4 song EP I like from these guys.

This time round its

Bella Donna

Highway to Mars

One Night in Tokyo

Broken Survivors.

All added to my playlist :)

All great songs - At least by now you will have a solid 12 track album!

Out of curiosity which other tracks from the previous made your playlist? 

5 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

All great songs - At least by now you will have a solid 12 track album!

Out of curiosity which other tracks from the previous made your playlist? 

I've extended it to 15 ;)

• Like 1