LOVEBITES / Glory To The World

Dead Planet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yeah, a few times. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to all the hype. 
    • Ok the title was clickbait, first dislike and then later like would be more accurate but hey, you clicked on the topic, so it worked! 😬
    • As a few others mentioned, musically it isn't too far off from their early material, but the song itself doesn't do much for me unfortunately.   In watching the video it looks like they've got a new drummer.
    • White Lion's Big Game was a massive letdown after Pride but over the years it's grown on me. Cinderella's Heartbreak Station was always way too bluesy and too far removed from the debut but again the quality of the songs sunk in after about 15 years. Spread Eagle's Open To The Public was a bit of a letdown compared to the debut but there's enough strong stuff on it once it gets under your skin to enjoy it. Whitesnake's Slip of the Tongue was another real letdown post 1987. Vai didn't do the songs any favours but again there's a pretty good collection of songs once I got over my disappointment. Anything by Harem Scarem after the debut. Still there best for me by a long shot but heaps of solid albums in the mix. Shotgun Messiahs 3rd industrial album. On first listen wtf but songs are fkn awesome. Same goes with  Wasp's KFD.
    • I've mentioned it before, but I wasn't in love with either Roxx Gang's 'Things you've never done before' or Vain's 'No Respect' when I first heard them. That was in the early stages, though. Vain's in one of my top 10 albums and I love the Roxx Gang one too, so things certainly changed.  Neither are exactly my favourite albums ever, but Cinderella's 'Heartbreak station' and Warrant's 'Ultraphobic' both took a long while for me to come around on. I actually returned the Cinderella CD when I bought that one, and only re-purchased it second hand many years later. Still don't love it, but dislike it less, lol.  To answer Karpetface's question, not to the degree of hatred, but back in the day when all I ever had were CDs and cassettes and once they were bought they were bought, I tended to give everything a lot more chances than I would today, where music consumption is the polar opposite. When I only had dozens, or up until it was a couple of hundred albums... the time to give something a chance again seemed to come around a lot more often than these days, when there's a million songs to choose from all the time. 
    • Now also the official video is out, recorded live in front of  large crowd in California.  This song seems to be a real grower. Was actually a bit disappointed after first 2 listens. But still played it few more times. And then it happened - when I was doing other things, without music, parts of song started playing in my head ;-).   
    • not quite is accordance with the thread, but I saw Vain support Skid Row back in the day and really didn't like them, then years later actually discovered that I liked the debut - it was after Enough Rope was released and I worked backwards. Also I returned the John Kilzer Memory in the Making cd, but came to love the album but still don't own the cd
    • I think I saw them at Cathouse in St.Kilda .  It got re issue 3 years ago with a different cover
    • Have you had a chance to give "Bangalore Choir - On Target" a sping yet?
    • They actually sound great together, despite your reservations towards Floor. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.