Def Leppard are offensive and should be cancelled

auslander

First up, their name "Def Leppard" is both ableist (anti-hearing impaired) and anthropomorphic dyslexic labelling. Disgusting. We will cover the title of the album in the track commentary. Needless to say, it is very offensive.

I don't know if anyone has studied the tracklist of Def Leppard's biggest selling album but clearly it is PROBLEMATIC in this day and age. Let me show you:

(Trigger Warning: you may need a safe space before reading this)

Track One "Women": can it be any clearer how Def Leppard objectify women and don't care anything about potential misgendering. The song only talks about women (sexist) and men and makes no mention of trans or intersex people.

Track Two "Rocket": obviously shows a complete lack of concern for the environment, basically celebrating burning fossil fuels. Enviro-vandalism.

Track Three "Animal": on the surface this song is harmless until one realises it demonises our furry (and furrie) friends painting them as unable to control their urges. Very unnecessary and disappointing.

Track Four "Love Bites": sadly this is not a harmless love song but a perpetuation of cis-normative sexual love without any consideration given to LBGTQI feelings.

Track Five "Pour Some Sugar On Me": a typical promotion of junk food when we should be encouraging people to eat healthy, vegan food alternatives. The pro-sugar rant is very harmful and could also attract ants.

Track Six "Armageddon It": this track seems to be celebrating end of the world scenarios, almost like it is pleasurable. Clearly this shows no concern for the very real pandemic we are currently experiencing. We are all in this together. #vaccinated

Track Seven "Gods Of War": seriously! Promoting Imperialism. I'm sorry to all minority groups like Africans, Asians and everyone else not privileged to be white.

Track Eight "Don't Shoot Shotgun": well, this makes me sick. Why not just say, "use an automatic rifle as that is better than a shotgun in school shootings". Bad.

Track Nine "Run Riot": obviously this is something we don't want - remember Capitol Hill? But, if it is BLM or Antifa, those riots are ok. Don't refer to them as riots though, they are "peaceful protests".

Track Ten "Hysteria": well, why not name your whole album after a term used to describe WOMEN FIGHTING TO BE HEARD on their periods! HOW DARE YOU! (deep breaths, deep breaths)

Track Eleven "Excitable": basically a rape culture anthem. Typical toxic masculinity portraying women as objects for male sexual gratification. Cancel this track.

Track Twelve "Love and Affection": well Mr Leppard, not all of us want the love and affection you advertise! Some of us choose to be alone, living in basements, with cats for company. And I'd like it if you didn't shame me for that choice.

#CancelLeppard

• Like 2

4 hours ago, auslander said:

First up, their name "Def Leppard" is both ableist (anti-hearing impaired) and anthropomorphic dyslexic labelling. Disgusting. We will cover the title of the album in the track commentary. Needless to say, it is very offensive.

I don't know if anyone has studied the tracklist of Def Leppard's biggest selling album but clearly it is PROBLEMATIC in this day and age. Let me show you:

(Trigger Warning: you may need a safe space before reading this)

Track One "Women": can it be any clearer how Def Leppard objectify women and don't care anything about potential misgendering. The song only talks about women (sexist) and men and makes no mention of trans or intersex people.

Track Two "Rocket": obviously shows a complete lack of concern for the environment, basically celebrating burning fossil fuels. Enviro-vandalism.

Track Three "Animal": on the surface this song is harmless until one realises it demonises our furry (and furrie) friends painting them as unable to control their urges. Very unnecessary and disappointing.

Track Four "Love Bites": sadly this is not a harmless love song but a perpetuation of cis-normative sexual love without any consideration given to LBGTQI feelings.

Track Five "Pour Some Sugar On Me": a typical promotion of junk food when we should be encouraging people to eat healthy, vegan food alternatives. The pro-sugar rant is very harmful and could also attract ants.

Track Six "Armageddon It": this track seems to be celebrating end of the world scenarios, almost like it is pleasurable. Clearly this shows no concern for the very real pandemic we are currently experiencing. We are all in this together. #vaccinated

Track Seven "Gods Of War": seriously! Promoting Imperialism. I'm sorry to all minority groups like Africans, Asians and everyone else not privileged to be white.

Track Eight "Don't Shoot Shotgun": well, this makes me sick. Why not just say, "use an automatic rifle as that is better than a shotgun in school shootings". Bad.

Track Nine "Run Riot": obviously this is something we don't want - remember Capitol Hill? But, if it is BLM or Antifa, those riots are ok. Don't refer to them as riots though, they are "peaceful protests".

Track Ten "Hysteria": well, why not name your whole album after a term used to describe WOMEN FIGHTING TO BE HEARD on their periods! HOW DARE YOU! (deep breaths, deep breaths)

Track Eleven "Excitable": basically a rape culture anthem. Typical toxic masculinity portraying women as objects for male sexual gratification. Cancel this track.

Track Twelve "Love and Affection": well Mr Leppard, not all of us want the love and affection you advertise! Some of us choose to be alone, living in basements, with cats for company. And I'd like it if you didn't shame me for that choice.

#CancelLeppard

ha ha classic. I hope you copy and paste that, otherwise you have way too much time on your hands 🤣😉

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

On it... Def Leppard has been removed from the main site.

Thanks, Dan. I feel much more at peace knowing I'm not a member of a site that supports such behaviour. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...