Steve Brown (Trixter/Tokyo Motor Fist)

Stefan

large.jpg

New song 'Where Do We Run'

Video coming this Friday.

Press release:

“Where Do We Run” features a Classic Rock vibe reminiscent of Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix, while invoking Pink Floyd-esque riffs. “The song shows some of my biggest influences from stellar guitar player/vocalists like Richie Sambora (BON JOVI), Steve Lukather (TOTO), Peter Frampton, John Sykes (WHITESNAKE, THIN LIZZY), and the late, great Gary Moore,” says Brown.

The idea for “Where Do We Run” was first born in 1994, when Brown built his home studio, MOJO VEGAS-6160. “I was writing a few songs to pitch to movies and “Where Do We Run” seemed like the perfect song for a dark love story. I had my hands in a lot of projects back then and it just got put on the backburner. I rediscovered the song in 2020, while I was completing the second album, “LIONS" for TOKYO MOTOR FIST. Upon hearing it again, I remembered how much I loved this song. With today’s political and emotional climate, I felt it is more relevant than ever and the world needed to hear it.” “Where Do We Run” strikes a chord with the challenging times we are all living in. It runs through the gamut of emotions. It is a tale of yearning, agony, reflection, love, loss, but most importantly, hope.

“For my first official solo release ever, I wanted to show a different side of my sound both vocally and musically, and not the obvious arena rock production that I’m known for,” said Brown. “Where Do We Run” is more of a Classic Rock production, laced with natural and authentic sounds. I brought my dear friend’s, Joey Cassata on Drums (ZO2, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA), Eric Ragno on keys (GRAHAM BONNET, THE BABY’S), Chris Lester on Bass (SUNNY ERNA’S AVALON, ZENBOY) to completely take this track into the stratosphere.”

The song may be inspired by the Classic Rock sound of yesteryear, but its captivating lyrical content, infused with rich, layered melodies and ethereal tones, delivers it to our present-day doorstep - gift wrapped and tied with a big, fat alluring bow. Like a sign of the times, “Where Do We Run” is haunting, yet beautiful, with a dose of aspiration we all could use.

“Where Do We Run” was written, produced, engineered & mixed by Steve Brown Mastered by Stephen DeAcutis at Soundspa Productions, New Jersey The homegrown video was shot in the scenic mountains of Ringwood, New Jersey by Jason Findlay of Jason Adam Photography Directed by Steve Brown & Jason Findlay Sincere gratitude to Cherie Neve for PR support

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Steve Brown (Trixter/Tokyo Motor Fist)
  • My Little Pony
4 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Lost me with the press release staring it sounds like Led Zeppelin, Hendrix and Pink Floyd. 

Haha.

Those influences don't bother me, but the song is simply not very interesting. And when that's the single you lead with it's difficult to get excited for what's to follow. 

Hmmm, usually a really reliable artist but not sure at all about this. Recent Dare is a fair comparison... but you could even reference more recent Bon Jovi too, if you wanted to be particularly unkind. It's not completely dreadful, but absolutely every single other thing he's ever done sounds better than this. 

• Like 2