Unpopular Heavy Harmonies Opinions

auslander

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Here you go Cody, have one on me....wait that doesn't sound right. 

Her hotness aside, these three tracks are played very regularly on commercial radio down here and I have to say that they've aged extremely well. They really are great tracks. I would even go so far as to classify them as Female Fronted AOR rather than Pop.

I doesn't matter what genre, as I've stated before, I'm a huge fan of the Female Front.

This was my childhood. I still remember when our Aunty Jean bought this cassette for my brothers and I. Probably the first (and only) one we collectively owned. But to this day, whenever my brothers and I get together for a few tins and hair style comparison session, this stuff's never far from the stereo airwaves. Belinda Carlisle, Icehouse, Roxette etc. Timeless. 

• Like 1

Dusty, none of those 3 vids worked, well they must have since new Aussie dude knew which songs they were, but let me save you a little time, I own every Belinda disc ever released, I have 2 copies of her Playboy, if she ever knew how many loads have been dispensed at her expense, she'd no doubt have me arrested and charged for sexual assault of a fantasy, my load capacity went up double when I heard her in an interview talk about how her and one of the floozies from the go go's would have competitions to see who could bang the most groupies, my junk went BOING!! and my vision went red, why couldnt I have just been born like 10 years earlier, then I could have gone to great lengths to be a groupie at a go go's concert. fuck i always miss out on the good shit.

• Haha 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 7/31/2021 at 8:56 PM, Leykis101 said:

Whos that tranny dude that looks like he is trying to be Lisa from Weird Science? he almost pulls it off, when are people going look at Botox and decide maybe it's not going to work on you, and if you dont pull it off you wont look old, you'll look deformed, there are some chicks who look ridiculously hot for being in their upper 50's and 60's, I might even bang them over younger chicks, I.E. Sheena Easton, Markie Post, and my all time wack fodder, my perma pic in my spank bank, the girl I take to the jack shack, Belinda Carlisle, Id kick any young bitch to the curb if I had a choice, I drop 2 loads just being in the same vicinity as Carlisle.

index.jpg

MV5BNDA3MDAzMjc3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDUzNDky._V1_UY1200_CR152,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

pictured-belinda-carlisle-news-photo-1626548269.jpg

We lost Markie Post today.

I'm gutted.

R.I.P.

God thats fucking horrible

• 2023 Gold Donors
17 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

God thats fucking horrible

I remember hearing a couple of weeks ago that Charles"Mac" Robinson passed away also.

"Night Court" was/is/will always be one of my favourite TV shows of all time. 

They say things happen in threes. I hope John Larroquette is looking after himself.

Edited by Darkstone

2 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I remember hearing a couple of weeks ago that Charles"Mac" Robinson passed away also.

"Night Court" was/is/will always be one of my favourite TV shows of all time. 

They say things happen in threes. I hope John Larroquette is looking after himself.

Man this is just unbelivable, that was one of my fav shows as a kid, Dan Fielding will never die.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

AC/DC are one of the most overrated bands ever.

Great White are one of the most underrated.

ACDC are one of the most influential bands ever.

Great White destroyed their legacy by becoming a Led Zeppelin tribute band.

6 hours ago, auslander said:

ACDC are one of the most influential bands ever.

Great White destroyed their legacy by becoming a Led Zeppelin tribute band.

Seem like unpopular opinions :)

ACDC are boring. pretty much everything after Back In Black is the same song, with a few exceptions.

A better argument for GW would be Jack leaving. I don't like the Led Zep albums, but they didn't affect their legacy with me at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Seem like unpopular opinions :)

ACDC are boring. pretty much everything after Back In Black is the same song, with a few exceptions.

A better argument for GW would be Jack leaving. I don't like the Led Zep albums, but they didn't affect their legacy with me at all.

No I agree, for me it's hard to differentiate their albums, every fucking song sounds exactly like every other fucking song, some of their shit with Bon Scott was pretty good, but I really cant stand them, Angus needs to learn a few new cords and notes, and then try playing them in different patters, Great White, they did some good songs, cant say I really like any of their albums from start to finish, though Shot In The Dark is probably the only one I like most all of the songs on. Their best song by a mile imo they didnt even put on any of their fucking albums, they used it for a B-Side to Once Bitten Twice Shy, I yelled at Jack to play it at their concert and he said he wouldnt even be able to remember the words, they never played it live, that boggles my mind, that songs a million times better then most of their popular songs, go figure.

This works I dont know why the cd cover isnt shown as the preview, thats odd

Edited by Leykis101

22 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

AC/DC are one of the most overrated bands ever.

Great White are one of the most underrated.

Love AC/DC and while the Bon Scott years were their best, Brian Johnson did manage 2 decent releases in Back in Black and For Those About To Rock, after that the band went downhill rather quickly IMO....

Great White had some good songs but they are not in the same league as AC/DC.....

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
46 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Love AC/DC and while the Bon Scott years were their best, Brian Johnson did manage 2 decent releases in Back in Black and For Those About To Rock, after that the band went downhill rather quickly IMO....

I have to agree although I do like The  Razor's Edge

• 2023 Gold Donors

Great White tarnished their legacy by frying a 100 people in a nightclub...that's what did it.

They had videos all over Mtv,signed major label deals,countless world tours,had respect of peers and had Don Dokken in their corner early on...I don't feel sorry for/or think they were underrated in the least,

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Pantera sucks.

How so? what sucks about them, musically their about as tight and talented as you get, you probably dont like the style right? cause I know technically anyone who said they sucked would just be wrong by way of being inaccurate.

On 9/16/2021 at 8:16 AM, Leykis101 said:

How so? what sucks about them, musically their about as tight and talented as you get, you probably dont like the style right? cause I know technically anyone who said they sucked would just be wrong by way of being inaccurate.

They lay down a great Groove. I must admit that Phil's singing isn't my thing though. It's why I don't listen to their albums much these days.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 3:43 PM, auslander said:

They lay down a great Groove. I must admit that Phil's singing isn't my thing though. It's why I don't listen to their albums much these days.

Really though nobody does it better, u hear Phil's voice and u automatically know who it is, like Lemmy and Bob Dylan, sad his house got fucked up in the hurricane 2 weeks ago

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, auslander said:

Survivor's best album is "Too Hot to Sleep". I do actually believe this though I know it's a controversial opinion.

Controversial, or correct? I'll go with the latter. 

• Like 1

to sum up :

AC/ DC have 2 excellent albums, one with Bon, one with Brian 😉

Never liked Great White

Never liked Pantera

Too Hot to Sleep is my favourite Survivor album 

here are my unpopular opinions

1. Operation Mindcrime is massively overrated and has 3 goods songs

2. Rush are shit

3. Tony Harnells voice is annoying

4. Dio black Sabbath is the best

5. Winger IV is their best album

6. Threshold > Dream Theater

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Never liked Great White

Wow, nothing you can find on their debut, 'Once Bitten' or 'Twice Shy?' Some absolutely killer melodic hard rock on all three albums. As good as or better than many of their peers for those three albums, imo. Especially the debut. 

2 hours ago, Glen said:

here are my unpopular opinions

1. Operation Mindcrime is massively overrated and has 3 goods songs

2. Rush are shit

3. Tony Harnells voice is annoying

4. Dio black Sabbath is the best

5. Winger IV is their best album

6. Threshold > Dream Theater

1. I actually agree. Don't know three songs, but I assume there's probably about three decent ones on there. Album just never clicked with me at all. 

2. Agreed

3. Disagree

4. Don't know, not interested

5. That is absolutely ridiculous, lol. Horrendous album after three class albums. Can't even put an imo in there because I feel that strongly about it. ;)

6. Neither of them > Either of them. ;)

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Wow, nothing you can find on their debut, 'Once Bitten' or 'Twice Shy?' Some absolutely killer melodic hard rock on all three albums. As good as or better than many of their peers for those three albums, imo. Especially the debut. 

1. I actually agree. Don't know three songs, but I assume there's probably about three decent ones on there. Album just never clicked with me at all. 

2. Agreed

3. Disagree

4. Don't know, not interested

5. That is absolutely ridiculous, lol. Horrendous album after three class albums. Can't even put an imo in there because I feel that strongly about it. ;)

6. Neither of them > Either of them. ;)

Right up ahead, 4 leaf, great escape, disappear,  livin to die, short flight, can't take it back....

all amazing imo