7.     Medicine Man
8.     Follow This Moment
9.     Now I'm Home
10.   Faith

Seb Byford – Guitar and Vocals

Biff Byford – Bass and Vocals

Tom Witts – Drums

Dave KempKeyboards and Saxophone

Silver Lining Music release the first project by Saxon's Biff Byford and son Seb Byford of Naked Six.

On July 23rd 2021, there’s going to be a new rock ‘n’ roll sheriff in town, and as their name suggests, Heavy Water aren’t for the light-hearted. Soaked in gritty, riff-baked blues, yet rich with the sound and meter of classic hard rock, Red Brick City’s ten songs refuses to let you go. From the taut, elastic swing of the ‘Solution’ riff to the rich, layered balladic strains of ‘Tree in the Wind’, Red Brick City moves with the class and cadence of a cracking journey uniting vintage rock ‘n’ roll sensibilities with the crackle and excitement of a fresh, youthful perspective.

With Seb on guitar and Biff on bass duties and both providing their vocal talents the foundations for Heavy Water’s sound are set in both that incredible father/son chemistry and a lifetime of know-how and experiences. Take the title track -and first single- ‘Red Brick City’, all steam and smoulder wrapped around a riff Soundgarden would’ve been proud of, and then there’s the sun-soaked smile of ‘Follow This Moment’ with harmonies evoking the Beach Boys relayed through Led Zeppelin, a gorgeous ‘70’s trip right down to the fade out. Produced by Seb Byford and Biff Byford, with Jacky Lehmann mastering, Red Brick City is a rich, lustrous ride through profoundly rewarding rock waters.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Yeah, being able to change things within an already generated song would probably get me there in paid subscription too.  Audacity is a very basic program, for very basic things... works well. Main take away from it is that when you save the new file (export audio) make sure Channels is set to Stereo and and Bit Rate Mode is constant. These two things are vital for getting the MP3 to keep sound quality, I found.  I have played around with udio, but I agree - very tricky and I couldn't get my head around it. I think ones like that are more for musicians who already have most ideas and concepts prepared and are able to verbalise them with musical knowledge. Suno is perfect if all one can do is write lyrics, lol. 
    • Wasted Rock Ranger - Great White
    • Living the Dream - Slash
    • Great album,the addition of Pete Godfrey took these guys up a level on Brave New World,which I loved...this may run it close...early yet.
    • Yeah, the main thing is owning the rights and being able to post them externally on Spotify, YouTube, etc without being obligated to cite Suno and being able to use them commercially If I unsubscribe tomorrow, I still own the rights to songs I'd created whilst being subscribed, in perpetuity. I don't think that works the other way around. If you were to subscribed tomorrow, I still think the rights to songs you created whilst using the free version would remain with suno. It's all in their legal terms and conditions.  Being an unpaid subscriber, you can post them externally, but you need to cite the use of suno and you can't use them commercially.  I can extend songs, add more verses or solos, but I can't change certain small details without generating a new song. It's a shame, but it's only early days with this technology and I think it will become more advanced very quickly. I'm definitely gonna check out Audacity, it sounds cool. Have you tried Udio yet? I'm a paid member there also, but it's very tricky. It seems more advanced, but I haven't got the hang of it yet.    
    • Skin The Living - Jungle Rot 
    • Young And Wasted - KISS 
    • Ok I'm gonna try this and stay with different genres so to speak because like most I am mainly a rock/metal fan but for the purposes of explaining my tastes to someone new i'll go differing genres...they can learn all my favourites if they stay my friend Adam and the Ants - Kings Of The Wild Frontier (1980) The first album that I actually bought with my own money, still love quite a bit of this and what is not to love about that tribal drumming especially on that title track & Antmusic. Jamiroquai - Travelling Without Moving (1996) Repeatitive listens to this in Magaluf in the summer of '96 on my first lads holiday earwormed this to me and I still love it and whats not to love about Cosmic Girl & Virtual Reality,funky and full of character...still love it today. Galantis - Pharmacy (2015) My go to for a bit of Dance/Trance since it was released , just fell in love with that sound , track like U & I and Peanut Butter Jelly are perfect before headin out to the bar on a Friday/Saturday night Royal Republic - Lovecop (2024) The brand new album from these guys has brough to fruition all of what they have been growing into over the last decade or so , this album just puts a BIG smile on my face and its total leave your brain at the door and enjoy Rock Pop sound. Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears (1991) Was always a fan but never huge until this monster was released , heavy yet melodic all the way through and Zakk Wyldes sound on this is killer...even my wife likes this one Night Flight Orchestra - Sometimes The World Ain't Enough (2018) Fantastic album,so many different styles and class songs,not for everyone,hell even my 18 year old self would have been embarrassed for me liking this along with quite a few I've already listed here, but I don't care,just think that on this they hit everything perfect,another that brings smile to my face,even when at work and soaked to the balls in the weather on a daily basis. Metallica - s/t(the black album) (1991) Perfect,even for someone who may not like heavier music I don't think they could argue that this is a beast,with its massive production,great songs and musicianship,its a no brainer for me. LeBrock - Fuse (2021) Another summery good time album,these guys built up for a while with singles & E.Ps before going full length,and I was glad that they did,a perfect combination of 80's pop/rock/dance/culture/synth a real throwback to the days of my teens (although I listened to W.A.S.P etc back then) Dare - Out Of The Silence (1988) Remember when I read about this in Kerrang magazine,it was one morning before my parents took me on a train to Portrush (seaside) which at the time had a music shop there(Grahams), the review gave it 5 K's I think? and it sounded like my thing so I was well pleased to find it in that seaside record shop,took it home that evening and stuck it on pure AOR/melodic bliss to my ears and its still played at least once a week by me now...classic Def Leppard - Hysteria (1987) My favourite album of all time...been since release day...nuff said    
    • Rush - Power Windows (favorite album by my favorite band) Survivor - Vital Signs (IMO the greatest AOR album ever) Hammock - Chasing After Shadows...Living With The Ghosts (ambient post-rock, absolutely massive and very emotional) Yellowcard - When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes (pop punk will always have a place in my heart) Anathema - Distant Satellites (atmospheric, proggy, also very emotional) Steve Roach - Structures From Silence (what ambient music should be, I've fallen asleep to it hundreds of times) Sigur Ros - Valtari (overwhelmingly beautiful slush) Oceansize - Effloresce (life-changing atmospheric prog) Mercenary - Architect of Lies (I'm not much of a metalhead anymore but I'll always come back to this one) Tycho - Dive (got me into the whole downtempo electronic genre)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.