More Tom Macdonald killer shit

Leykis101

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Are you not familiar with how rap works? 

show me 3 Eminem songs that have the same message,  virtually the same lyrics and the same song structure and nearly identical choruses. 

:popcorn:

Tom had a livestream tonight on Youtube before the albums come out tomorrow (well, today now), and there's some interesting perspective within it. I've cued the video to a point about half way through, where he answers a question from chat about why he's releasing his material ONLY on physical media and not digitally. It actually echoes some sentiments I see so frequently within our genre. Not just his dislike for the streaming model and the way they take advantage of independent artists, but also at heart he loves physical media. He was "that kid" sitting out in front of a music store waiting for it to open on album release day, how an album should be an experience and that streaming music makes the experience too ephemeral.

Good shit IMO.

49 minutes ago, Glen said:

show me 3 Eminem songs that have the same message,  virtually the same lyrics and the same song structure and nearly identical choruses. 

I'd really rather not, but I'll take your word for it. 

31 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I'd really rather not, but I'll take your word for it. 

sorry I thought you were saying that all rap music is identical and samey like these Tom songs?? 

As you were. 

19 minutes ago, Glen said:

sorry I thought you were saying that all rap music is identical and samey like these Tom songs?? 

As you were. 

I do find rap very repetitive, musically, but to me that part of it is only every just a necessity to accomodate the often interesting lyrics. I don't listen to rap for the great, interesting music. Purely, 100% just the lyrics. 

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I do find rap very repetitive, musically, but to me that part of it is only every just a necessity to accomodate the often interesting lyrics. I don't listen to rap for the great, interesting music. Purely, 100% just the lyrics. 

I'd rather just not listen at all 😆😆

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Glen said:

I'd rather just not listen at all 😆😆

I'm with you there. But some reason, I like Tom's music. His lyrics are based in facts. The rapping doesn't even bother me. 

I don't like any other rap artist I've heard. 

6 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I'm with you there. But some reason, I like Tom's music. His lyrics are based in facts. The rapping doesn't even bother me. 

I don't like any other rap artist I've heard. 

Much same. I loathe rap more than I hate grunge, so in no way should I like this at all. It must be because I identify with the message and it's not the stereotypical "rap culture" subject matter; a case where the lyrical content outweighs the genre in my head... which runs completely antithetical to the way I listen to music. I am always melody/sound first and lyrical content last.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Much same. I loathe rap more than I hate grunge, so in no way should I like this at all. It must be because I identify with the message and it's not the stereotypical "rap culture" subject matter; a case where the lyrical content outweighs the genre in my head... which runs completely antithetical to the way I listen to music. I am always melody/sound first and lyrical content last.

Same here Dan.

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

That's it in a nutshell. I'm not a fan of hip hop at all, but this is OK simply cause the message isn't some single-parented kid rapping "I'm the best, my mummy told me so" which is pretty much all the lyrical content of every single rap song since the genre boomed in the 2000s.

I ordered both of them, I support someone who really puts in the work, and holds there middle finger up to the system, Tom and Nova really care about this shit and thats no secret, that was scary when she passed out and they couldnt get her revived while they were working on that video, the video Tom did on it you could see the true panic in on his face, they are true rebels, and I support him and his message, and he is different, he's saying fuck you to the music industry, I support Nova to though it's sometimes hard to get into her stuff, I like her shit where she sings, but not the rap shit, Tom is a hundred times the man Eminem is, Tom is someone I would want my daughter to date, he's not a complete fucking scumbag.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:10 AM, Glen said:

Songs, How about those last 3 just phenomenal albums??? if you could actually sit through them, I thought Relapse was on the edge of fucking horrible and unworthy of even being considered as a rap album, it was fucking aweful, horrible, but then again, I dont think Ive liked anything he's done solo after the debut, I fucking love all of the D-12 albums, that is a creative bunch of guys, and if your not easily offended, I would absolutely recomend them, well I guess now it's more like D-11 LOL, RIP Stalka

Edited by Leykis101

5 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Songs, How about those last 3 just phenomenal albums??? if you could actually sit through them, I thought Relapse was on the edge of fucking horrible and unworthy of even being considered as a rap album, it was fucking aweful, horrible, but then again, I dont think Ive liked anything he's done solo after the debut, I fucking love all of the D-12 albums, that is a creative bunch of guys, and if your not easily offended, I would absolutely recomend them, well I guess now it's more like D-11 LOL, RIP Stalka

my point was TM's stuff will get samey and tired if he keeps repeating the same message over and over.

Snowflakes was good, but the other 2 I'm like, heard it before. 

• 4 weeks later...

Now he's just rehashing old shit, it was phenomenal on Fake Woke and Snowflakes, now i'd like him to move on to more shit like this,

And this came out 2 weeks ago it's pretty good.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...