Jump to content

Religion


AlphaMale
 Share

Recommended Posts

I hate religion more than anything.

I despise people who want to pray for me. I hate when God gets credit when he doesn't even exist but when something bad happens, nobody says why didn't God stop that from happening? It was SATAN!

Religion is the single most ludicrous falsehood ever put on the idiot morons of the world. 

Religion is nothing but a crutch for the weak.

God never existed. The bible is BULLSHIT. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what a hate:

Scenario 1: My daughter is missing. Everybody prays for her safe return. A week later, she is found safe. Thank God! He answered our prayers!

Scenario 2: My daughter is missing. Everybody prays for her safe return. A week later, she is found dead in a drainage pipe. I'll pray for her and the family. God has a plan. 

If something prayed for happens, it's a miracle. God answered the prayers. If something horrible happens, it's never God's fault. Satan did it. God works in mysterious ways. It's a pure bullshit.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

It helps some deal with the inevitability of death. 
 

What gets my goat is people of religion wanting others to live their way because of god/allah/krishna etc etc etc (there are literally 1000s). If you want to live some way out of fear knock yourself out, just don't demand I do. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

This is what a hate:

Scenario 1: My daughter is missing. Everybody prays for her safe return. A week later, she is found safe. Thank God! He answered our prayers!

Scenario 2: My daughter is missing. Everybody prays for her safe return. A week later, she is found dead in a drainage pipe. I'll pray for her and the family. God has a plan. 

If something prayed for happens, it's a miracle. God answered the prayers. If something horrible happens, it's never God's fault. Satan did it. God works in mysterious ways. It's a pure bullshit.

 

thoughts and prayers :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You would be far less irritable and frustrated if you just came to the realization that you are incapable of understanding the grand design. Also, if you accept the fact that life is not and will not ever be fair, you'd find yourself less disappointed over the course of it.

But why care about someone else's belief system at all? Should positivity be considered a character flaw? And why would you want to muddy a kick ass music site like this one with such a polarizing topic, anyway?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the end of the day, religious beliefs (or the lack thereof) are a very personal and individual decision, and I don't believe there is a right or wrong answer.

I come to the issue with a very laissez-faire attitude, being a lifelong agnostic. I was raised without religion in the household, but had relatives that were highly religious. I don't say there is a God, nor do I deny the existence of God, because I simply don't know.

I don't believe that faith can be taught or persuaded; it most come organically from within. If there is a God, he/she/they have never revealed themselves to me, hence my status as an unwashed heathen. :P

I don't like it when religious zealots push their beliefs on the rest of society, but at the same time I don't like when people at the opposite end of the spectrum go out of their way to tear down religions and those who worship in a given faith. Even as a nonreligious person, I personally believe that there are certain tenets and moral concepts of The Bible, The Ten Commandments, etc. that are positive and have value, even if not taken literally, "as gospel" if you will. I don't like it when people tear down Christianity while simultaneously giving Islam a free pass for their beliefs and practices, many of which are IMO far worse than anything that modern Christianity has done.

There have been both noble acts, and acts of charity, as well as the most horrific crimes against humanity, done "in the name of God" throughout history. I don't necessarily believe it is the faiths themselves, but how we fallible humans choose to interpret and invoke the faiths, that is the problem (although if you take the position that religion is a man-made construct, then you can argue that the faith/religion *is* ultimately the problem when crimes are perpetrated in the name of that religion).

I ultimately believe that religion is inherently neither good nor evil. Like science and psychology, religion is a just another tool to use (or ignore) as you go through life.

*shrug*

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I fully support peoples right to worship in whatever religion they wish even if I dislike it. However I do wish the fanatics would disappear....

Edited by Dead Planet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These days the true fanatics are often self-described atheists who spend much of their time ruminating over their hatred of Christians (they say "religion", but always mean Christians). They are so hate-filled towards followers of Christ. But am I surprised? Nope. Jesus said the world would hate us because of Him, whom they hated for no reason. And so they do, and will continue to do so. 

Nobody will even mention their faith, but they will be attacked for it unprovoked, in all spheres, even on a music appreciation site for some reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

strange that folk think about religion so much. For the main part of my life I never really consider it at all. I certainly don't hate people for being religious. 

Quite happy to let people continue in whatever beliefs they choose to follow, however I do shake my head when world disputes / wars are largely religious based - too many to list. And sometimes peoples (especially women) human rights are disgracefully abused in the name of religion. 

All I would say is make sure you do in life what you want to achieve because I might be wrong but I'm pretty damned certain that when you die you won't be drifting off to some heaven / afterlife, as terrifying and final as that might seem (which is the main reason people have faith - fear of their own mortality) 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here in Australia we have a weird environment.
People seem mostly un-religious, but if they have to name their religion, they will default to what they ;are; if asked.
But church going is not all that prevalent, and passion for religion is nothing compared to say the US.
I have a Hillsong church across the road from me. been meaning to hit it up, looks like a pretty fun environment.
Just for shits and giggles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, shamus said:

You would be far less irritable and frustrated if you just came to the realization that you are incapable of understanding the grand design. Also, if you accept the fact that life is not and will not ever be fair, you'd find yourself less disappointed over the course of it.

But why care about someone else's belief system at all? Should positivity be considered a character flaw? And why would you want to muddy a kick ass music site like this one with such a polarizing topic, anyway?

I think he was just trying to find a topic less polarising that Trump. Might not have been the best choice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Russ, have I ever lied to you buddy? NO! you know my love of the heavenly father is as strong or stronger then my love for even my daughter, he shaped her in his eyes, so I know a little TLC went into the making of each one of us, you can see that by the perfection in us, the heavenly father has a plan, and it's up to you to figure out what it is, if you fuck your life up, then there is a reason for it, and he wants you to learn from it, if he gives you AiDS, that's how your plan was written out, he knows what he's  doing, and for you to just come on here and post this, it's blasphemy, and that is Satan trying to pull you away from your heavenly father, and if you give in, well that will have been part of his plan for you, kind of like when the Mets trade away their best player for a player to be named later, but its still his plan, and it's most certainly not your lord finally giving up on you and telling Satan "he's all yours" but what ever you do, never lose faith or your soul will be lost to eternal damnation, and that will make god angry, and we dont want him angry, I think you owe us all, and especially the heavenly father, an apology, and I think a few extra minutes of prayer, and 3 hail marys wil absolve you from your blasphemous post, may god be with you son, and have mercy on your soul.

Edited by Leykis101
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2021 at 2:23 AM, PeterS said:

I think he was just trying to find a topic less polarising that Trump. Might not have been the best choice. 

Maybe someone should start a "Who'd win the Civil War between Republicans and Democrats" topic! That's the only one probably more polarising lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors
14 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

may god be with you son, and have mercy on your soul.

All it takes is Utah to win one playoff series....

You might have to change your name to Father Leykis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, auslander said:

Maybe someone should start a "Who'd win the Civil War between Republicans and Democrats" topic! That's the only one probably more polarising lol.

I guess I should put my upcoming topic, "Abortion yes or no?" on the back burner.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 5:30 AM, auslander said:

Maybe someone should start a "Who'd win the Civil War between Republicans and Democrats" topic! That's the only one probably more polarising lol.

Are you serious? Well the democrats took everyone's guns away, so it certainly wouldn't be them,unless they started issuing weapon booths, there's an idea, you can use your food stamp card to pick up an AR-15, and put the ammo on a credit that you'd never have to pay back, like I say if civil war ever breaks out, I'm glad to know I'll be on the side of the people with the guns and who know which bathroom to use.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 12:57 PM, Darkstone said:

I guess I should put my upcoming topic, "Abortion yes or no?" on the back burner.

Im pro abortion, maybe if we had promoted it a little better, maybe give a punch pass or just let the government pay for them, we possibly wouldn't be dealing with many of the issues in this country were dealing with

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2021 at 10:53 AM, nyoilers said:

All it takes is Utah to win one playoff series....

You might have to change your name to Father Leykis

I have a hard time watching anymore bro, the whole BLM shit really turned me off and there hasn't been anything to do to get it back, I thought I was safe cause MLB had stayed out of it, until the fucking load that should've been swallowed rob Manfred moved the all star game out of Atlanta, I immediately called direct tv and cancelled my Extra Innings package, I sold My A's tickets to my neighbor, and I had a dozen Rockies tickets that I probably can't sell, it's the only way I can show disdain for their fake wokeness, i do not agree with them involving sports and I will not patronize anything affiliated with them, I broke this promise watching the Bucs play in the super bowl, if the Jazz made it to the finals I might watch it, but I could never go watch it cause I unloaded my season tickets, all 3 years of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

Im pro abortion, maybe if we had promoted it a little better, maybe give a punch pass or just let the government pay for them, we possibly wouldn't be dealing with many of the issues in this country were dealing with

There's research that shows when abortion came in 15-20 years later there was a drop in crime in the USA.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I have a hard time watching anymore bro, the whole BLM shit really turned me off and there hasn't been anything to do to get it back, I thought I was safe cause MLB had stayed out of it, until the fucking load that should've been swallowed rob Manfred moved the all star game out of Atlanta, I immediately called direct tv and cancelled my Extra Innings package, I sold My A's tickets to my neighbor, and I had a dozen Rockies tickets that I probably can't sell, it's the only way I can show disdain for their fake wokeness, i do not agree with them involving sports and I will not patronize anything affiliated with them, I broke this promise watching the Bucs play in the super bowl, if the Jazz made it to the finals I might watch it, but I could never go watch it cause I unloaded my season tickets, all 3 years of them.

I watch sports for enjoyment and because everything seems to get politicized I luckily can ignore all the BS.

I can listen to Roger Waters,Ted Nugent,etc... and enjoy their music regardless of their political views or whatever.

Same thing with actors,actresses ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors
4 hours ago, PeterS said:

There's research that shows when abortion came in 15-20 years later there was a drop in crime in the USA.  

Abortion to me isn't a binary choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.