The Warning - CHOKE

Dead Planet

• 8 months later...

This one flew under my radar completely. Was just recommended to me on YT. 3-piece band and the 3 musicians are sisters. Definitely shows promise. I think they only have an EP out at the moment. I hope there's a full-length album coming.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2022 at 3:53 PM, heavyharmonies said:

This one flew under my radar completely. Was just recommended to me on YT. 3-piece band and the 3 musicians are sisters. Definitely shows promise. I think they only have an EP out at the moment. I hope there's a full-length album coming.

These girls came to my attention nearly a decade ago when their YouTube video doing a cover of Enter Sandman went viral (I think they ended up doing US chat shows like Ellen on the back of it), but I kinda lost track of them and don't think they actually had a band name back then (from what I see I think at the time the band members ranged between 9 - 14 years old).

I did hear about them having a band a while back but never really followed it up, but in the last few weeks I was recommended the video for Disciple by YouTube and I have been addicted to their songs (they now are 18 - 23 years old I think).

Like any band I get into, I have done some research into their recording history and they have two albums already released since 2017 (although seem impossible to find on CD but available digitally most places), and the recent Mayday EP I believe is something similar to what Diamante did with her debut album, the first half of their upcoming album released digitally only. Whether they will do the same as Diamante and release another EP or just release the rest as an album only, I dunno.

They are on Lava records now, so hopefully physical copies will be available and easier to get hold of.

• Thanks 1