Eclipse - Wired

Stefan

8 hours ago, J.S.M said:

Listened to the Itunes samples. Loved their last album but this one doesn't get me excited. The choruses seem too repetitive and pretty samey and the music sounds pretty much as in any other martensson song but pretty underwhelming. This is my first impression, don't know if there will be a second. Oh, I really liked the first single by the way.

You listened to samples for the new album "Wired"??

4 hours ago, J.S.M said:

Itunes Australia ;)

Damn it!

• My Little Pony
10 hours ago, J.S.M said:

Listened to the Itunes samples. Loved their last album but this one doesn't get me excited. The choruses seem too repetitive and pretty samey and the music sounds pretty much as in any other martensson song but pretty underwhelming. This is my first impression, don't know if there will be a second. Oh, I really liked the first single by the way.

New Eclipse music sounds too samey?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

lol, I don't know why but I hadn't paid any attention to this thread... just didn't consider a new album due from these guys already(?). Anyway, I dig that tune. Sounds really good, which is not unexpected, but I'm not hit with a samey-ness buzzkill. Good gear.   

44 minutes ago, Geoff said:

lol, I don't know why but I hadn't paid any attention to this thread... just didn't consider a new album due from these guys already(?). 

It's been almost 2 years since the release of Paradigm. :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

It's been almost 2 years since the release of Paradigm. :)

Fell like last year. ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

Yeah, that's definitely not same-y Eclipse.  It's much heavier for one thing.  Not exactly their best song but really good nonetheless.

Agree.  Dig the heavier riffs.  Not a song that overly "wows" me but sounds pretty decent to me.

Here's 30 second samples of the album:

https://us.7digital.com/artist/eclipse/release/wired-16530024

Gave them a quick listen and sounding pretty good to me.  It's tough to tell a lot from only 30 seconds though.  Will have to check out 90 second samples on I Tunes when I get a chance.  Yeah, maybe a little bit samey but at this point I think you just know what you're going to get with these guys.  

At least there's no songs with "Blood" in the title ;)  

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.  Dig the heavier riffs.  Not a song that overly "wows" me but sounds pretty decent to me.

Here's 30 second samples of the album:

https://us.7digital.com/artist/eclipse/release/wired-16530024

Gave them a quick listen and sounding pretty good to me.  It's tough to tell a lot from only 30 seconds though.  Will have to check out 90 second samples on I Tunes when I get a chance.  Yeah, maybe a little bit samey but at this point I think you just know what you're going to get with these guys.  

At least there's no songs with "Blood" in the title ;)  

Typical Eclipse, I'll take it 

2 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Typical Eclipse, I'll take it 

I gave each track 5-10 seconds, tops, and that was plenty for me.  Eclipse is my favorite band and those quick samples sounded like stuff I'll love.  Can't wait.

• Like 1

Yes, can not wait

Edited by The Rocker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Yes, can not wait

2 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

Not super thrilled with the song.  I’m not the type that likes music for just being heavier…needs that melodic element too.  Hopefully the rest of the album is better…

agreed that song is a tad weak for Eclipse 

Checked the 90 second samples on this today and gave them all a good listen.  Sounding pretty good to me and think it could exceed the past couple albums.  Not that I didn't enjoy the past couple albums but I feel like the formula got a bit tired on the last one. 

First few songs seem pretty good but I think for me this album might pick up steam in the second half.  Twilight, Poison Inside My Heart and We Didn't Come To Lose all are kind of jumping out at me.  And Bite The Bullet is growing on me....dig the heavier riffs.

I like that they went with a different type of album art too and got away from the same tired design they'd been using.

Had been a bit lukewarm initially but looking forward to this one now.  This and Crazy Lixx could make a good close to the year.

Edited by tts42572

On 7/22/2021 at 12:42 PM, Stefan said:

New song 'Bite the Bullet'. 

Love this song. Love that guitar effect that reminds me of Heartbreak Blvd by Shotgun Messiah.

Edited by auslander

• 1 month later...

I like it.  

Yeah, it's Eclipse.  Agree that it doesn't overly blow me away but still a good, listenable, melodic rock tune.  It kind of reminds me a bit of song like say Delirious from the last album.

I think it might work well with it's placement on the album right after the ballad Carved In Stone to bring up the tempo.

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

I like it.  

Yeah, it's Eclipse.  Agree that it doesn't overly blow me away but still a good, listenable, melodic rock tune.  It kind of reminds me a bit of song like say Delirious from the last album.

I think it might work well with it's placement on the album right after the ballad Carved In Stone to bring up the tempo.

meh - v average song imo