Eclipse - Wired

Stefan

218935685_2882976868582915_4544681506252

New single drops in a few days.

Press release:

Coming off their most successful album yet, "Paradigm" (which includes the massive single 'Viva La Victoria' that has 15 million streams and counting), Sweden's Eclipse are putting the finishing touches on their upcoming new studio album, which will be released this fall. In the meantime, the band has released a brand new single, an anthem for the ages, 'Saturday Night (Hallelujah)'.

“It was another one of those Saturday nights. At home. But, for the first time in a very long time there was hope. Suddenly there were stories about someone’s mom getting 'the shot', an old neighbor who was able to see the grandkids for the first time in a year, and I saw an ad for a gig. A real one, without screens or internet connections. A songwriter buddy of mine was there and we walked back to the studio and wrote most of what would become 'Saturday Night (Hallelujah)' in 15 minutes,” says Eclipse frontman Erik Martensson

“There’s absolutely nothing snotty about this song. It’s about partying! Don’t try to tell me you’re not up for a good f***ing party right about now?” continues Martensson. 

Over the last few years Eclipse have performed to audiences around the globe, including the U.S, Japan, Australia and Europe and have opened for giants like Aerosmith and the Scorpions. Their albums have amassed millions of streams and charted in several European countries. With the momentum of their last studio album "Paradigm" propelling them, their upcoming studio album promises to push them even further up the rock 'n roll mountain.

Stay tuned!

Line-up:

Erik Mårtensson - vocals, guitars

Magnus Henriksson - guitars

Philip Crusner - drums

Victor Crusner - bass

www.facebook.com/EclipseSweden

Edited by Stefan

• My Little Pony
On 5/17/2021 at 7:23 AM, Stefan said:

"Don’t try to tell me you’re not up for a good f***ing party right about now?” continues Martensson. 

Amen!

Basically sounds exactly like I'd expect it to.  Although, this one sounds like Eclipse doing a song written by Bon Jovi.

It's decent enough but I've listened to it a few times now and not sure I have a burning desire to listen to it much more. 

I feel like they're capable of much better.

This song is kind of silly but I strangely like it. Agreed with tts42572, it sounds like Bon Jovi.

I think it would be hard to fit this into a typical Eclipse album though.

I like it!  Will definitely sound great on a playlist!!!

On 5/21/2021 at 8:55 AM, tts42572 said:

...this one sounds like Eclipse doing a song written by Bon Jovi.

Exactly. And it works surprisingly well, in my opinion. A lot of people were complaining in the past that Eclipse had started to sound same-y, so it's good to hear them doing something (slightly) different. I'm actually a little surprised by how many "meh" comments are on this thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, metalmaniac777 said:

Exactly. And it works surprisingly well, in my opinion. A lot of people were complaining in the past that Eclipse had started to sound same-y, so it's good to hear them doing something (slightly) different. I'm actually a little surprised by how many "meh" comments are on this thread.

I agree

4 hours ago, Glen said:

the last album was the first Eclipse album that I didn't buy.

This sounds like a huge return to form to me :)

I don’t understand the overall dislike of their last release. To me it has three of the best Eclipse tracks...Viva La Victoria, Mary Leigh and the insanely awesome Delirious. 

New track is fun and singable but cheesy for sure. 

• Like 2

Don’t get some of the negative comments. Eclipse are consistently capable of knocking out anthems with big hooks, instant choruses and huge production and this is no exception. 

I can to some extend agree with the lack of variation on recent efforts - But this sounds different to anything on Paradigm, to me at least. Complete opposite to those ‘Whitesnake-esque’ riffs we have heard before.

Fun and upbeat track that will surely become a staple in their live set. Bring on the new album. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

I don’t understand the overall dislike of their last release. To me it has three of the best Eclipse tracks...Viva La Victoria, Mary Leigh and the insanely awesome Delirious. 

I LOVE the last album.  "Viva La Victoria" is awesome, as is "Blood Wants Blood".  

• Like 2

New album ‘Wired’ out October. 

“This is really a band record," Martensson said. "We've all been working very hard together to make something instead of just individuals doing their thing. It's been real teamwork.

"I really think this new (album) is the best one so far," he continued. "It's a very diverse album. There are really heavy rockers, and there are (also) more, like, pop/softer rock anthems. ‘Saturday Night' is like ECLIPSE's 'Rock And Roll All Nite', but I think we have a little of everything."

5 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

“This is really a band record," Martensson said. "We've all been working very hard together to make something instead of just individuals doing their thing. It's been real teamwork.

This made me chuckle. I know this band is Martensson's baby but sheesh! lol

I don't know if this is what he was referring to, but I'm sure it's been much more difficult to write and record as a band during the pandemic. We entered copy/paste territory a long time ago with musicians just recording their own parts and sending them away to be pieced together by someone else, and with travel restrictions and whatnot it's probably been even more tempting to go that route. I do wonder what a more old-school, organic recording approach would sound like for this band...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Stefan changed the title to Eclipse - Wired
  • 4 weeks later...

Listened to the Itunes samples. Loved their last album but this one doesn't get me excited. The choruses seem too repetitive and pretty samey and the music sounds pretty much as in any other martensson song but pretty underwhelming. This is my first impression, don't know if there will be a second. Oh, I really liked the first single by the way.