About Us

Ponen

These guys have released just two singles so far. 

What an absolute cracker of a song this one is. Stunning. 

And this one is their lastest single :

• Like 3

• 2023 Gold Donors
34 minutes ago, Ponen said:

These guys have released just two singles so far. 

What an absolute cracker of a song this one is. Stunning. 

And this one is their lastest single :

https://youtu.be/tX1Pn3QfGno

Man I love both of those, will definitely keep an eye on these guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Holy shit. Not at all what I expected. Sounds a bit like Jesus Espin on vocals. 

Right that's a good comparison. 

• My Little Pony

The irony is their name is About Us, and yet we know very little about them. Apparently they're from Nagaland, which is a state in India. It's always cool to see this kind of music coming from such unexpected places. 

10 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The irony is their name is About Us, and yet we know very little about them. Apparently they're from Nagaland, which is a state in India. It's always cool to see this kind of music coming from such unexpected places. 

10 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yep my hometown. It's a tiny place, the second smallest state in India situated in the far corner of the north east region with a culture and apparently even appearance, that's totally different from the rest of India lol. However, this is the birth place of rock music scene in the country. Every third person is a rock music lover haha. And the only state in India where so many international rock acts like Firehouse, Mr. Big, Stryper, White Lion, Vinnie Moore, Neil Zaza, Petra, Helloween etc have performed. 

We also host the Hornbill international rock contest every December which is the biggest in our country. So ya it's a place for rock music lovers. 

• Like 2

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Ponen said:

Yep my hometown. It's a tiny place, the second smallest state in India situated in the far corner of the north east region with a culture and apparently even appearance, that's totally different from the rest of India lol. However, this is the birth place of rock music scene in the country. Every third person is a rock music lover haha. And the only state in India where so many international rock acts like Firehouse, Mr. Big, Stryper, White Lion, Vinnie Moore, Neil Zaza, Petra, Helloween etc have performed. 

We also host the Hornbill international rock contest every December which is the biggest in our country. So ya it's a place for rock music lovers. 

That's awesome. 

Yeah, I initially thought they were from a South East Asian country. After looking at a map I guess I wasn't too far off. Where I live, almost all of the Indian immigrants come from Punjab, so complete opposite ends. 

I'm gonna have to research Nagaland a bit more. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

If anyone else can't see the second song above this is a link that's working;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX1Pn3QfGno

That song's a bit average, but the first one and the last one are sensational. Looking at the comments in this music video, apparently an album is out? I must find it in my ears asap. Awesome find. 

http://www.nagalandpost.com/about-us-releases-debut-album/247009.html

Good luck trying to find the bloody thing anywhere... 

Edited by Geoff

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

If anyone else can't see the second song above this is a link that's working;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX1Pn3QfGno

That song's a bit average, but the first one and the last one are sensational. Looking at the comments in this music video, apparently an album is out? I must find it in my ears asap. Awesome find. 

http://www.nagalandpost.com/about-us-releases-debut-album/247009.html

Good luck trying to find the bloody thing anywhere... 

Gotta message them directly on the Instas or FaceTubes if you want it. 

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Gotta message them directly on the Instas or FaceTubes if you want it. 

Yeah, seems an odd way to do it but I'll give it a crack. Holy shit, this just came up in my YouTube feed. Another band from same part of India. Fitting of a new thread thenselves-

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, seems an odd way to do it but I'll give it a crack. Holy shit, this just came up in my YouTube feed. Another band from same part of India. Fitting of a new thread thenselves-

Lol when this song first came out, I thought it was pretty decent but didn't play as much. But after you posted here I am starting to really like the song. It's actually a very very nice song. Loving it more now. 

• My Little Pony
On 12/29/2021 at 2:18 PM, Geoff said:

Yeah, seems an odd way to do it but I'll give it a crack.

The CD is 1990 rupees, which is about 34 CAD. But then another 4000 rupees to ship it to me. So around 100 CAD in total. As much as I want a physical copy, I just can't justify that. 

On 1/1/2022 at 9:06 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The CD is 1990 rupees, which is about 34 CAD. But then another 4000 rupees to ship it to me. So around 100 CAD in total. As much as I want a physical copy, I just can't justify that. 

Yeah, not for me either, but meaning to ask about digital copy. Must remember. 

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, not for me either, but meaning to ask about digital copy. Must remember. 

They said they'll send it through WhatsApp. Not sure how much they're asking for digital. 

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Ponen said:

Screenshot_2022-01-03-12-45-58-613_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.c9e81c06e5f5b61a01692280387e04ef.jpg

Ya I also texted them, this is what they had to say. Will see. 

Yeah, I got a similar message. 

On 1/3/2022 at 8:31 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Also, @Ponen, is 1990rs a standard price for CDs over there?

To be honest, I haven't bought a CD of any local artist in like a decade so I can't say for sure. But I do think it's a bit too pricey, maybe, limited edition or not. 

They responded last night. Anyone interested can contact them via whatsApp. Here's the number +91 93780 80274.

Screenshot_2022-01-08-10-22-21-100_com.whatsapp.jpg

Edited by Ponen

• 2 weeks later...

Comparing with Milijenko Matijevic or Jesus Espin would be unfair, the vocalist is solid and the music is totally inspired by the 80's - 90's hard rock and melodic rock scene with a couple of heavy & groovy tracks in the album brings variety to the album!!! Many people in the forum were discussing about the looks of the band, how they look south asian, well, India is a huge country (around 3.3 million km square), we have all kind of people with skin tones, looks, ethnicity living as a nation since time unknown. By the way, have got the album already, one of the best 30 USD I have spent in 2022 buying music as of now.