Sabaton - Defence of Moscow

heavyharmonies

Ahh yess! These guys can do no wrong IMO. I know a lot of folks here don't care for Euro-power metal, but Sabaton's military-themed albums are epically wonderful. They actually study the military history for their lyrical content as well, so it's not just off the cuff B.S.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jez said:

Great song from an epic band...hopefully a new album is coming soon

New album is in the works. Another band that always deliver. Love their stuff. 

I just keep waiting for Tommy "ReinXeed" Johansson to break into a piercingly high-pitched scream... he just seems so out of place in the band compared to all of his solo stuff. But I mean he's been in the band for 5 years now so it's not just a fling.

• My Little Pony
On 5/10/2021 at 8:23 PM, heavyharmonies said:

I know a lot of folks here don't care for Euro-power metal, but Sabaton's military-themed albums are epically wonderful.

I love Euro-style Power Metal. Avantasia is actually what rekindled my love for 80's Hard Rock and Metal. So for all of those who wished I wasn't here, you have Tobias to blame. 

I've never listened to Sabaton, but the impression I got was they were kind of a joke--in the same vein as Manowar. If you're telling me they aren't then I'll take your word, as you've made many good recommendations over the years. 

• Like 1