Nighthawk - Midnight Hunter

Stefan

a0043206373_10.jpg?w=1024

Personnel includes Björn Strid, Jona Tee, Robin Eriksson, Linnéa Vikström and more.

Press release:

Nighthawk is the brand new soloproject by Robert Majd, also known as the bass player in Metalite and Captain Black Beard. When the pandemic hit in March last year and tours got cancelled left and right, Rob asked Jona Tee to help him record some rock’n’roll. The idea was just to have fun and get to play guitar again. Henrik Johansson joined on drums. No rehearsal, no preparations. Just spontaneous and energetic rock music!

A few month later Rob came up with the name NIGHTHAWK and got the desire to do a full length album with a bunch of different guest vocalists. Another batch of songs were recorded in August, covers and originals, with Henrik and this time with Georgios Vamvatsicos on bass.

”Having all of these great musicians participating on my album is a real honor for me” says Robert.

You’ll hear Björn Strid (The Night Flight Orchestra, Soilwork), Robin Eriksson (Degreed), Linnéa Vikström (Therion, At The Movies), Chips Kiesbye (Sator), Jona Tee (H.E.A.T), Peter Larsson (Manny Ribera) and Luka Ravase (Deeper Purple).

The album includes seven original tracks and four cover songs. The covers are cult classics ”Firefall” (by 220 Volt) and ”It’s A Mad Mad World” (by Weapon), as well as an old Björn Skifs song called ”I Used To Love This City” and the never before released Frehley’s Comet song ”I Will Survive”.
”I didn’t change the cover songs much. I just wanted to pay tribute to these great artists and hopefully introduce them to people who might have missed them” says Robert.

The album was produced by Erik Modin (Wildness) and will be released by MR Records.

NIGHTHAWK – Midnight Hunter

Track list:
MIRACLE
JUST LET GO
STAY ALIVE
I WILL SURVIVE
BREAKING THE CHAINS
COME TO ME
I USED TO LOVE THIS CITY
HERE COMES THE BEAST
FIREFALL
ON MY OWN