Radioactive - X.X.X.

Stefan

Tommy-Denander.jpeg

From Tommy Denander:

Ok finally it's time for some cool news about Radioactive

This year it's turning 30 and I couldn't be happier after having signed with Frontiers Records for 4 new albums over the coming years plus re releases of all the first 4 albums....and hopefully a special anniversary album this year together with the 2 hour documentary movie!

PRESS RELEASE:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of Radioactive, the project created byTommy Denander, to the label for the release of a brand new record.

Tommy says, "What a perfect way to celebrate that my Radioactive project is turning 30 by signing a new and very exciting multi-album deal with the great Frontiers label! It’s crazy to think that I recorded the first album "Less Is More" with Jeff Porcaro, Mike Porcaro, Steve Porcaro, and David Paich as my backing band in Los Angeles way back in 1991. These Radioactive albums have opened so many doors in my almost 40 year long career, and when I see the gold and platinum records on my walls from Paul Stanley, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Ricky Martin, Anastasia, Umberto Tozzi, and so many more, I often shake my head and think back to being a kid and starting with music. I wish I could travel back and tell my younger self that all of this would be my future! To celebrate this anniversary I’m going all in to make the best album of my life and I’m more than thrilled about the people involved.”

After some years of working as a studio musician in Sweden, Tommy Denander moved to Los Angeles in 1987 at just 19 years old. He quickly befriended some of the top players in town, from the guys in TOTO to David Foster, Bill Champlin, Michael Landau and more. When Toto played in Sweden 1991, Tommy asked them if they would play on his album if he got signed to a record deal. To his amazement, they all said yes. As luck would have it, just a few days later, Tommy signed with Sony Music and in October of that year he traveled to Los Angeles to start the recording of the first Radioactive album with Jeff Porcaro, Mike Porcaro, Steve Porcaro, and David Paich as his backing band!

A few years later, once the album was completed, Tommy had added a long list of legendary singers and musicians such as Bobby Kimball, Fergie Frederiksen, Joseph Williams, David Hungate, Fee Waybill, Jason Scheff, Alex Ligertwood, David Foster, Randy Goodrum, Vince DiCola, Abe Laboriel, Neil Stubenhaus, Dave Boruff, Michael Thompson, Bruce Gaitsch, Dean Parks, Greg Phillinganes, and more (we told you the list was long) to the appearances on the album. The release, "Ceremony Of Innocence” was released in 2001 and received warm reviews worldwide, charting in both Europe and Japan.

Three more albums followed and for each of the records, Tommy managed to put together a sensational cast of musicians. The overall list includes such musical giants as Fergie Frederiksen, Tony Franklin, Marcel Jacob, Steve Overland, Bobby Kimball, Jeff Porcaro, Steve Porcaro, Greg Phillinganes, Dean Parks, Andreas Carlsson, Yngwie Malmsteen, Bruce Kulick, Neal Schon, Michael Landau, Kelly Keagy, John ”jr” Robinson, Robin Beck, James Christian, Gary Barden, Bruce Gaitsch, Phillip Bardowell, Abe Laboriel, Michael Thompson, Steve Lukather, Vinnie Colaiuta, Jeff Paris, Steve Augeri, Jimi Jamison, Dan Reed, Jean Beauvoir, Chris Ousey, Kevin Chalfant, and more.

The upcoming new album will be released with a documentary, so stay tuned for more info!

www.facebook.com/tommydenanderofficial

Edited by Stefan

On 5/2/2021 at 1:21 PM, melodicrock said:

That'll be some more Gold records he can have manufactured by himself dedicated to himself.

Wasn't he help helping out KISS ?

He must have a good contact in painting business, to paint his records.

On 5/3/2021 at 4:02 PM, Doggy said:

Wasn't he help helping out KISS ?

He must have a good contact in painting business, to paint his records.

Paul Stanley's Live To Win album via his friendship with Swedish songwriter Paul worked with. Of course they  "forgot to add his guitar credits" in the liner notes. Still has a Gold album on his wall for it though.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

New single 'Monkey On Our Backs' from the new album 'X.X.X.' 

X.X.X. Tracklisting:

1. Monkey On Our Backs ft. Jerome Mazza

2. The Deed Is Done ft. Robin McAuley

3. Remember The Ghosts ft. Robbie LaBlanc

4. Written In The Scars ft. Christian Ingebrigtsen

5. If Today Was Your Last Day Alive ft. Jerome Mazza

6. Move It ft. Robin McAuley

7. Youman Unkind ft. Robbie LaBlanc

8. I Have A Dream ft. Jerome Mazza

9. Voodoo Queen ft. Robbie LaBlanc

10. Drag Me Through The Mud ft. Daniel Byrne

11. California Ways ft. Clif Magness

LINE-UP:

Guitars, Bass, & Keyboards: Tommy Denander

Drums: Neil Anami, Olle Romö

Lead Vocals: Daniel Byrne, Christian Ingebrigtsen, Robbie LaBlanc, Clif Magness, Jerome Mazza, Robin McAuley

Backing vocals: Andreas Carlsson, Tommy Denander, Tommy Henriksen, Mutt Lange

• Stefan changed the title to Radioactive - X.X.X.
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Co written by Mutt(and you can tell), not bad. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Stefan said:

New song 'Written In The Scars'.

Best track on the album, which I must say is pretty damned good over all.