nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors
16 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Holy Shit I just noticed it!! OMG iM THE FIRST IN HH HISTORY! I GOT ONE GUYS AND I DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT WAS THERE

Check it out motherfuckers!! waddya think of this bad boy??

Trophy.jpeg

You lucky Bastard!

• Thanks 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
13 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I bet nobody ever gets one, that is my badge, I wish I could replace the donor badge with the warning badge on my profile.

I agree. There must be something Dan could add to your profile that shows you're a proud recipient of that badge of honor, "one warning point".

Your efforts need to be acknowledged. 

I bow to you Sir.  :bowdown:....but not in a "Geoff" way.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Haha 1

Speaking of G-Off, where is that little fucking dirt merchant

5 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Speaking of G-Off, where is that little fucking dirt merchant

He has better things to do and I don't blame him. This board has become pretty lame in the last few years.

I'm also at the point of doing the same, having better things to do...

Edited by Stefan

Wow... well that's not good.

So what is annoying people, the off-topic commentary? Politics? Lower volume of discussion traffic?

Your press release updates and announcements are invaluable IMO.

If people think things need to be refocused, please speak up. If you don't wish to do so publicly, please PM me.

Thanks,

-Dan

• 2023 Gold Donors
12 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

by the way Mr.Oilers, where was your profile pic taken at? I didnt know you still played live

That pic is of Lou Reed.Maybe you've heard of him.Here's one of his songs 

It's definitely gotten bad here. No one even comments on most of the threads anymore. 75 views 0 replies. And it's been that way for a good while. 

Gone are the great talkers Keith, Wes, Jarred, Geoff, and many more all went t the Mafia because they are too busy to post here. Yet they post all day over there. Wes has been posting albums he's listening to. A shit ton of them. But has no time for here?

It's kinda sad.

23 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Facebook groups does appear to be where all the activity is... I just hate Facebook.

I ain't going nowhere. This place is like home to me. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I haven’t been posting here half as long as you other dudes but this site is far more knowledgeable and informative than most of the Melodic Rock groups on Facebook. I’m no rookie when it comes to the genre but I’ve had a few awesome recommendations and discovered a shit-tonne of new stuff thanks to the regulars. Top site and forum. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

It's definitely gotten bad here. No one even comments on most of the threads anymore. 75 views 0 replies. And it's been that way for a good while. 

Gone are the great talkers Keith, Wes, Jarred, Geoff, and many more all went t the Mafia because they are too busy to post here. Yet they post all day over there. Wes has been posting albums he's listening to. A shit ton of them. But has no time for here?

It's kinda sad.

I've quizzed Wes many times why he doesn't post here and not enough time is laughable. He spends his life in the mafia on FB. He is virtually the first person to post on any thread. He must be looking at it constantly. 

It is kinda sad but to be expected. He is revered in that group. 

I miss the long debates on releases that we used to have - maybe we can get back to that - been way too much politics etc recently- I've kept my promise and stayed away from those threads. 

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Your press release updates and announcements are invaluable IMO.

This quote in regards to Stefan is 100% SPOT ON!

He's the backbone of this site.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
10 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Good to hear it mate. 

I look forward to enjoying and not commenting on many more of your threads as always.

I think i've mentioned it before, but just because there isn't a comment, doesn't mean it wasn't appreciated.

• Like 2

I fuck around on facebook, I even get bored sometimes and take pictures of what im going to listen to and post them for the Mafia, Facebook gets fucking irritating, if it was that good I'd not still come here, seeing that more then half of the people I would chat with on here in the beginning are over there, I guess I have no expectations from either of them, I'm just here to socialize, you guys like good music, some of you aren't politically bat shit crazy, and there's not thousands of people here, im also in a sweet AOR group there, and a glam group, which I think are better the Mafia, but it's irrelevant, I go to certain places to chat about different things, if there's 100 people or 3, I really don't give a fuck, but I'm not a die hard either, I just dont spend alot of my socializing time on the internet, I have friends and shit to do socially in person, which is a preference, but I absolutely enjoy less then more, but it's that im gonna leave attitude that ultimately shuts shit down, when everyone just thinks hey this isnt what it used to be, im out, well what if your one of those people who other people go to that site to chat with? what if you hold a bigger influence on something then you realize you do? then your bouncing, and letting those people down who look to you, like you look to the people before you, IDK, Im on here about the same as ive been the 16 years ive been here, which by my post count you can see isnt a lot, and I dont plan on going anywhere, I dont know what else to say.

so who was AllNightsReserved??? I know Chris Clark is in the Mafia, Dan you need to bring back James Eagle, and Petragirl

3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Dan you need to bring back James Eagle, and Petragirl

Umm... I don't have the power to "bring back" anyone. People will come back or participate if they want to, and will stay away or lurk if they want to, for a myriad of reasons...

... which leads me to my next subject: 

*sigh*

The last thing I ever want to do is be perceived as clamping down on anyone's ability to participate in discussion here, and all viewpoints and perspectives are considered equally, but dude... sometimes a little self-awareness and self-restraint could go a long way.

I loathe political correctness more than most, but some of your posts make me cringe with your choice of language and the wall-of-text rambling posts. You may not realize (or not care) that there are people here who sometimes find it offensive. I've gotten complaints. However, you're an active longtime member of the community, and it's not gotten so bad that I feel the need to step in and censor (which I don't ever like doing and have only done a handful of times over the years)... but at times it sets a "tone" that I don't think is necessarily positive for the discussions in question; it creates a "bad look".

I know that in a perfect world "nobody has the right to tell me what to say, not to say, or how to say it!", but I would appreciate it if you could recognize that the manner in which you sometimes communicate could be offputting to some of the membership here, which could contribute to a reduction in participation.

Just rein it in a bit. Do a self-edit before you hit the Save button from time to time.

I don't want you to not participate or reduce participation... just tone it down a notch or two. :)

Thanks,

-Dan

• My Little Pony

Like Dan, I won't ever tell someone what they can or can't say, but it appears the political threads steal all our time and energy. Those conversations blow up, while Russ' shitty band threads go without a single comment. 

• Haha 1

I actually think this board is run pretty well.
I expected a clamp down during the political stuff, but was happy it didn't happen, and it ran its natural course.

I think I may be in the Mafia page on Facebook.
I'm in a few, but don't really participate, the format is not conducive to a discussion like a board like this.

I guess people are here for different reasons. Primarily I am here to find new music.
Haven't be on as much as before, but that's because business has been really good and just haven't had the time.

I'll toss my 2 cents worth in 

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Umm... I don't have the power to "bring back" anyone. People will come back or participate if they want to, and will stay away or lurk if they want to, for a myriad of reasons...

... which leads me to my next subject: 

*sigh*

The last thing I ever want to do is be perceived as clamping down on anyone's ability to participate in discussion here, and all viewpoints and perspectives are considered equally, but dude... sometimes a little self-awareness and self-restraint could go a long way.

I loathe political correctness more than most, but some of your posts make me cringe with your choice of language and the wall-of-text rambling posts. You may not realize (or not care) that there are people here who sometimes find it offensive. I've gotten complaints. However, you're an active longtime member of the community, and it's not gotten so bad that I feel the need to step in and censor (which I don't ever like doing and have only done a handful of times over the years)... but at times it sets a "tone" that I don't think is necessarily positive for the discussions in question; it creates a "bad look".

I know that in a perfect world "nobody has the right to tell me what to say, not to say, or how to say it!", but I would appreciate it if you could recognize that the manner in which you sometimes communicate could be offputting to some of the membership here, which could contribute to a reduction in participation.

Just rein it in a bit. Do a self-edit before you hit the Save button from time to time.

I don't want you to not participate or reduce participation... just tone it down a notch or two. :)

Thanks,

-Dan

My 2 cents worth on this .....yeah there are people on the forum who I disagree with on politics and other issues but so what? I don't doubt my and others opinions on religion has pissed people off as well....If you are so thin skinned about a subject that you can't take any criticism about it then maybe the roots of your opinion aren't very firmly planted....

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

I'll toss my 2 cents worth in 

My 2 cents worth on this .....yeah there are people on the forum who I disagree with on politics and other issues but so what? I don't doubt my and others opinions on religion has pissed people off as well....If you are so thin skinned about a subject that you can't take any criticism about it then maybe the roots of your opinion aren't very firmly planted....

My point was as we are dealing with diminishing participation over time, do we want to unnecessarily or unintentionally discourage newbies/casuals from participating? It has nothing to do with criticism or foundation of opinion, but coming off has harsh, crude, or vulgar *CAN* have a negative effect, especially on those without a firm footing in the community.

I'm just asking for some self-awareness and consideration of perception, that's all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

My point was as we are dealing with diminishing participation over time, do we want to unnecessarily or unintentionally discourage newbies/casuals from participating? It has nothing to do with criticism or foundation of opinion, but coming off has harsh, crude, or vulgar *CAN* have a negative effect, especially on those without a firm footing in the community.

I'm just asking for some self-awareness and consideration of perception, that's all.

I understand your point and agree with it however people always have the option of ignoring all non-musical threads....and non-musical threads are still the minority of threads....of course being respectful of others opinions no matter what the subject is always a good thing and something that I always strive for....

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

You may not realize (or not care) that there are people here who sometimes find it offensive. I've gotten complaints. 

I'm stunned by this.

• Haha 1