The Brave - Evie's Little Garden (releasing July 27, 2021)

b:W1sicmVzaXplIiwyMDAwXSxbIm1heCJdLFsid2

From the studios of Pakaderm Records came to of the 90's best Christian Rock releases, Battle Cries & Trust. 2014 gave us Rise with 5 new singles and a new singer. 2021 will bring the 1st Full Length album of Original material to the masses since 1994. The album is a 12 song collection called Evie's Little Garden, and begins mixing this month with Grammy-Award winning Mix Engineer JR McNeely, with a new single to be released Spring 2021

Track Listing: 
1. Evie's Little Garden 
2. Run to You 
3. I've Always Wondered 
4. We're Not in Kansas Anymore 
5. Elevate Me 
6. Creep 
7. Lonely Bones 
8. If I Told You 
9. And We All Fall Down 
10. Lucid 

BONUS TRACKS (CD & Vinyl Only) 
11. Come to Me 
12. Love: Automatic 

Sound samples available at the bottom of this page: https://thebravemusic.com/pre-order-evie-s-little-garden

https://www.facebook.com/thebravemusicsite/

• My Little Pony

I dunno about "damned good." I'd have to hear more. Also, wasn't Rise with a female vocalist? Is this another new singer?

Infinitely better than Rise IMO. There are samples of both albums on their website. While the new lead vocalist will never match the original, once the vocal harmonies kick in, it appears quite enjoyable. I preordered.

• Like 1

Those samples give me hope where previously I had none, given what a disaster "Rise" was. Obviously they're never going to touch the brilliance of their debut, but you can hear the hooks & harmonies and they do indeed sound pretty damned solid. That female vocalist was always a mistake, so it was great to see they jettisoned that failed experiment. New singer is no James Salters, but he gets the job done.

• 1 month later...

New video; Run To You

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, auslander said:

First two albums were classic so am hopeful about this one. I'm even more keen for the new Trytan release that I have pre-ordered from Soundmass.

Not sure I'd call the 2nd album "classic" but it was a solid enough hard rock album. I wasn't even aware Trytan had a new release coming out, but they were never one of my favorite bands anyway.

9 hours ago, auslander said:

First two albums were classic so am hopeful about this one. I'm even more keen for the new Trytan release that I have pre-ordered from Soundmass.

Battle Cries (1992) >>>> Trust  (1994) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rise (2014)

That 2014 release with the female lead vocals was HORRIFICALLY bad.

The new male vocalist at least seems capable and the sound sample was promising.

I preordered, but the smart money says wait until there are more samples.

• 3 weeks later...

New video "I've Always Wondered"

'Evie's little garden' - it's a rough ride to the chorus, but it's a good chorus. Verses are garbage.

'Run to you' - slightly better tune though I hear they're still doing this Jesus rubbish. Oh well, still a half okay tune. 

'I've always wondered' - a visual nightmare and horrendous lyrics. 

Overall, I'll probably give this a listen out of respect to the band that created that great debut, but I'm not excited about the idea. 

13 hours ago, Geoff said:

...I hear they're still doing this Jesus rubbish. 

'I've always wondered' - a visual nightmare and horrendous lyrics.

A Christian band singing about Jesus? The shock! The horror! :o;)

The video for "I've Always Wondered" is ... not good. But the song's got a pretty good chorus, IMO.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, metalmaniac777 said:

A Christian band singing about Jesus? The shock! The horror! :o;)

I thought they may have grown up by now. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

This finally got released this week and being a pretty big The Brave fan, I snatched it up. A whole lot better than the last abomination they released, but still a long way off from the glory days of their debut. Still, there's a handful of good songs, including this one, which is probably the closest they come to their early sound.

I pretty much exclusively use Apple Music these days but I almost preordered this CD because their website claimed the bonus tracks would only be available on CD or vinyl. But lo & behold, both bonus tracks are available on iTunes. Good thing too, because one of them ("Love: Automatic") is one of the better tunes on the album.