Wicked Smile - Wait For The Night

Stefan

Brilliant news,I didnt purchase the ep but will definitely purchase a full length from these guys.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Posted (edited)

2447638683.jpg

New song 'Last Goodbye'.

Press release:

Wicked Smile - Wait for the Night (2021) Australian heavy rockers Wicked Smile will release their debut full length album titled ‘Wait for the Night’ on September 24th.

Wicked Smile are all about bringing back fist pumping heavy rock to the forefront with a collection of ten ‘killer songs’. The forthcoming album is produced by Paul Laine (The Defiants) and mastered by Bruno Ravel (The Defiants/Danger Danger). Guitarist Stevie Janevski goes on to say, “last year was all about giving the world a ‘taste’ of what we’re about. We’re a five-piece kick ass heavy rock band and I think we made our presence known with the release of our Delirium sampler ep”.

Wicked Smile is fronted by charismatic powerhouse lead vocalist Danny Cecati (ex Pegazus & Eyefear) with Stevie Janevski (The Radio Sun, ex Black Majesty & Cyclone Tracy) and Dave Graham (ex In Malice’s Wake) on guitars, Glen Cav (ex Virtue) on bass and Jason Tyro on drums. Lyrically, ‘Wait for the Night’ explores current issues within society such as civil unrest, bullying and mental health.

The band has been overwhelmed by the positive response from the underground rock and metal community. Steve Price at ARfm radio called the band “kickass Australian rock with killer vocals”. Fans of Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, Metallica, Icon, Savatage and Skid Row should feel at home, with the band drawing major influence from seventies and eighties heavy rock and heavy metal.

Band line-up :

Danny Cecati - Lead Vocals

Stevie Janevski - Lead Guitar, Vocals

Dave Graham - Lead Guitar, Vocals

Glen Cav - Bass Guitar, Vocals

Jason Tyro - Drums

Produced by Paul Laine & Mastered by Bruno Ravel

Tracklisting:
1. Date With The Devil
2. Wait For The Night
3. We Fall
4. Sign Of Times
5. Daze Of Delirium
6. Killer At Large
7. Last Goodbye
8. Love’s Got A Hold On You
9. Don’t Wait For Me
10. Stronger

Get it here: https://www.ecwid.com/store/store21429008/

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

Would love to order this...but the postage is as expensive as the disc...it works out all in at £30 sterling for a cd!! Dont mind the cd price,postage is a killer as we've all previously discussed on this forum... i'll wait for the worldwide distribution deal which they're discussing :(

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2021 at 3:19 PM, lettard said:

Would love to order this...but the postage is as expensive as the disc...it works out all in at £30 sterling for a cd!! Dont mind the cd price,postage is a killer as we've all previously discussed on this forum... i'll wait for the worldwide distribution deal which they're discussing :(

Managed to get this from Cargo Records UK for a modest £12.99...being released here 15th October 2021.

• Like 1

They have just picked up Japanese label, unknown if there will be any bonus tracks.

They are still working on getting an American label to release it.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody check this album out? Hitting streaming this Friday.

I'm not a huge metal guy but pretty good album....sort of has Judas Priest meets Dio type vibes but still pretty melodic.  I think Daze Of Delirium, We Fall, Loves Got A Hold On You and Killer At Large are my highlights so far.

New tune that was released:

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 2

Hi from Australia. Our full length debut album 'Wait For The Night' is out today and available via Cargo Records U.K. & via all digital platforms. Bickee Music Japan release is on Oct. 27th. (no bonus tracks)

Thanks for your kind words & support!

Here's some links

https://cargorecordsdirect.co.uk/products/wicked-smile-wait-for-the-night. (U.K./Europe)

https://www.ecwid.com/store/store21429008/Wicked-Smile-Wait-For-The-Night-cd-UNITED-STATES-ORDERS-ONLY-p396730388. (U.S.A.)

https://www.ecwid.com/store/store21429008/ (Australia/world)

https://www-bickee--music-com.translate.goog/?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=nui,sc (Japan)

WICKED SMILE - Wait For The Night album COVER ART .jpg

• Like 1

Thanx for the info Stevie...that should cover just about everyone here thats looking to purchase your disc...mine didn't come  :( maybe tomorrow  :)

All the very best with its release :drink:

Arrived today and sounding reall really good...a few more listens needed but this is solid stuff.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2021 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2021.

76% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • No atheist denies love is a thing. It has chemicals that make it happen but that closeness between human beings is clearly a thing and it feels good. It's also an essential part of pair bonding and the raising of the next generation.  You believe in life after death. I do too. I look at it every time I see my children. My part of the cycle of life ends when I stop puffing though.   
    • When it comes down to it, it is the love that matters. I feel the love of Christ in my life. I feel the certainty that He loves me. An atheist says that does not exist, it's imaginary. You even deny love to even be a thing, it's a chemical, it has no meaning. You walk outside, you see trees, you hear birdsong, and it means nothing. I see beauty everywhere I go, the beauty of Christ and His creation. I know beauty can be corrupted. I know evil exists. I know there is death. That is free will, baby. A person chooses to do what they do. Do I care if you believe what I know to be true to my core of being? No, not really. It's like someone saying to me "Def Leppard's Pyromania sucks". I know the music moves me and I love it. With Christ in my life it is that feeling x 1000. If it angers you that I have this love, as it seems to for some here, I can only apologise. It would be like not breathing to deny it. If that hurts your feelings cause once upon a time some church or Christian hurt you, I can just say, don't blame God for the followers. Evil appears in every element. Humans are fallible. Humans do bad shit. I am only responsible for my own soul. Do I want God to come down and intervene in every evil? Hell no. I love that we are free to choose. Forcing someone to love you is not love. Also, how about people be responsible for what they choose to do rather than blame God? You say there is nothing but death and darkness at the end. I know this is just a plane of existence and death has lost its sting. Again, I stress, I don't care if you agree or not. I'm not here to judge you. You are free to choose. I just ask for the same courtesy that you accept I don't share your views and that you can move past your hatred for that choice (not all on this site, just some).
    • Probably the wisest thing said on this thread.  Realistically, we're all in this position. 
    • Yesterday-G'N'R
    • From Frontiers: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the release of "Before The Sun Sets", the upcoming debut album from City Of Lights on February 11, 2022. City Of Lights is an exciting new melodic hard rock collaboration between British newcomer songwriter/guitarist Neil Austin and Greek vocal sensation Manos Fatsis (Odyssey Desperado, Hideaway). They deliver hard-edged melodic anthems driven by crunchy riffs and lush keyboard textures combined with soaring, passion-filled vocal melodies. Tracklist: 1. Racing On The Redline 2. Heart's On Fire 3. Emily 4. Heat Of The Night 5. Dying Light 6. Give Me Back My Heart 7. Put Your Heart On The Line 8. Snake Eyes 9. Joanna 10. Midnight Club 11. How To Love 12. Before The Sun Sets   LINE-UP: Manos Fatsis: Lead Vocals Neil Austin: Rhythm Guitar, Backing Choirs, Programming Robin Eriksson: Bass, Harmony Vocals Mats Eriksson: Drums Guest Musicians:  Guitar Solos: Nathan Doyle - Racing On The Redline, Heart's On Fire, Heat Of The Night, Dying Light, Midnight Club Daniel Johansson - Give Me Back My Heart, Snake Eyes, Before The Sun Sets Jonathan Carlemar - Snake Eyes, Joanna Mike Kyriakou (Kyre) - Emily Wahwah Guitar: Matt Farmer - Snake Eyes Keyboard Solo: Mikael Blanc - Before The Sun Sets Piano: Joel Selsfors - How To Love       
    • From MelodicRock Classics: MRC008 – HEADWAY (Featuring Steve McClintock) – Headway                                     1CD Limited Edition Unreleased pomp-AOR / melodic rock album from 1980 featuring vocalist and guitarist Steven McClintock. Includes original master tracks plus a couple of live bonus tracks recorded in 1981.    
    • To be honest, it doesn't really concern me if he did or didn't. I put it out there are a kind of olive branch (ie: not everything is completely imaginary and made up) Not many lives were well documented 2000 years ago. Likelihood is that he existed, and had some small amount of notoriety. Was killed and became a Randy Rhodes or Jeff Buckley. A lot more famous after death than when alive. The bibles changed over the years, his exploits became more impressive and eventually  became a demi god. Ironically I love easter and Jesus stories. They make great stories
    • That's really not proven. Opinions split. On the balance of it there is a fair chance he existed but it cannot be proven definitively he did.  His life isn't well documented outside of the bible.  It's long but this is a good video on the topic.     
    • I thank that may be partially due to his delivery style. He'll read part of a quote/sentence/article, make a pithy remark, lather rinse repeat. So it takes him a while to get through things and for the full point to come across. I think if he cut down his breaks by 50% it would be much more digestable. Still, as Lefties go, he's seemingly got more brain power and common sense than many...      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.