The Rise Above (Castronovo/Scheff/DeMarcus) - working on their debut

Stefan

117764164_159030779098462_30736982459335

From indiepulsemusic.com:

From Rock & Roll to the Broken Roads, The Journey that led them to become, THE RISE ABOVE. Made up of Music Legends, 2 time Grammy Award Winning JAY DEMARCUS of RASCAL FLATTS, former lead singer and drummer of JOURNEY, DEEN CASTRONOVO, and JASON SCHEFF, lead vocalist and bass player for the multi-platinum band Chicago for over 30 years. Joined by, CHRIS RODRIGUEZ and TOM YANKTON.

In the beginning of 2020 the band got together with the intent to form a supergroup with a purpose, to bring 80’s Rock and Classic music back to life. The group has spent the past 9 months in the studio working on their debut album set to release in 2021.

www.theriseaboveband.com

www.facebook.com/TheRiseAboveBand

Edited by Stefan

• My Little Pony
6 minutes ago, Stefan said:

In the beginning of 2020 the band got together with the intent to form a supergroup with a purpose, to bring 80’s Rock and Classic music back to life.

Back to life? Yeah, because we all know it's so dead. 

I mean, I'm def interested, but that's a stoopid statement. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Tabe said:

Deen's announcement of this group on Facebook included a comment that he'd settled his differences with Frontier Records.  Anybody know what that's all about?

Nope. And now I'm curious. 

To be specific, this is what Deen said:

Hey everyone!

I am so happy to announce that Frontiers and I have made amends, and are moving forward with some amazing new albums like Gioeli/Castronovo, Revolution Saints and more!! I couldn’t be happier and more grateful for this renewal of our relationship. Serafino supported his belief in me not only as a drummer, but as a lead singer many years ago. Revolution Saints gives me that platform, and I’m excited to share my voice with the world. Stay tuned for updates and more exciting news as we bring all of this to new life.
Edited by Tabe

• My Little Pony
6 minutes ago, Tabe said:

To be specific, this is what Deen said:

Hey everyone!

I am so happy to announce that Frontiers and I have made amends, and are moving forward with some amazing new albums like Gioeli/Castronovo, Revolution Saints and more!! I couldn’t be happier and more grateful for this renewal of our relationship. Serafino supported his belief in me not only as a drummer, but as a lead singer many years ago. Revolution Saints gives me that platform, and I’m excited to share my voice with the world. Stay tuned for updates and more exciting news as we bring all of this to new life.

Now this is purely speculation, but I recall back when they released the music video for "Freedom," Deen had said in the comments that it was the first song he'd ever written, and was excited to write more. I wonder if Frontiers didn't allow him to record anymore of his own songs, because, you know, ADV.

;}

That's just the first thought that came to mind. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
24 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

I know that he's had substance abuse issues in the past

Yeah, that all came out shortly after the debut. He went to rehab, appeared to have got his shit together, and I haven't heard of a relapse. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, that all came out shortly after the debut. He went to rehab, appeared to have got his shit together, and I haven't heard of a relapse. 

I haven't either but who knows ?

• 1 year later...