Lordi releases 7 new studio albums

Their last album (Killection) was a fictional best-of from the albums they would have released if they already had existed in the 70's. 

In October they release 7 of those back-catalogue albums with 8 or 9 new songs each and the song that 'ended up' on Killection.

They are gonna release:

A 70's rock'n'roll album

A 70's disco album

An 80's progressive rock album

An 80's glam metal album

An 80's AOR, melodic rock album 

A 90's (Thrash) metal album

A 90's industrial album

What do you think?  

Edited by J.S.M
  • My Little Pony

I've never listened to them before, but I'm intrigued by this endeavour. Sounds like a lot of fun. 

Always been a fan of Lordi. I know some may disagree but they are haven’t released a bad album in my opinion - consistent and a band that I always look forward to new music from. 

This is a pretty crazy idea but count me in - Can’t say I was all that surprised when I read it! 

They will never top The Arockalypse or Deadache but I will definitely look forward to October. 

Lordi is one of my favorite bands and I loved every song on Killection, so this is great news. 

I wonder if it will actually be 7 legit separate albums or if it will be a seven disc boxset.  The boxset would be fine but I would rather the 7 separate  physical copies.  Either way it will be about 60 new Lordi songs.   If they are keeping the songs from Killection, I'm guessing they'll be keeping the album covers and titles as well?

I also think there is an option for a box set down the road of all the unreleased songs from each of their previous albums; I think they wrote and demoed like 40 songs for most of them.

Edited by tobi is an animal
33 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

Always been a fan of Lordi. I know some may disagree but they are haven’t released a bad album in my opinion - consistent and a band that I always look forward to new music from. 

Lordi is my favourite band since 2012. What all of their albums have in common is that I think they are bad when I listen to them for the first time. After a few more runs every album grew on me. I share your opinion about their consistency. Curious if they can keep that level with around 60 new songs.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, J.S.M said:

Lordi is my favourite band since 2012. What all of their albums have in common is that I think they are bad when I listen to them for the first time. After a few more runs every album grew on me. I share your opinion about their consistency. Curious if they can keep that level with around 60 new songs.

I honestly can't think of a Lordi song that I skip.  I believe the fact that each album is different from each other will help them keep that level up for 60 songs.  I think I might do an album every two weeks instead of trying to digest 60 songs all at once.

Edited by tobi is an animal
1 hour ago, J.S.M said:

I thought the same - I’m hoping that they still maintain a solid level even when dropping 60+ songs. I think Mr Lordi writes for fun so I’m sure he has some killer tracks. I noticed each track (barring the ‘singles’ from the Killection album) are brand new from the last 12 months, so no old demos etc. 

I think the one album that I wasn’t so keen on at first was To Beast Or Not To Beast.. now it’s one of my favourites. 

Love Lordi and the 'Killection' album was a really good release, but this maybe a little bit of overkill. A disco and a thrash album doesn't really fill me with joy,  but the other genres will be of interest. 

18 hours ago, Jez said:

Love Lordi and the 'Killection' album was a really good release, but this maybe a little bit of overkill. A disco and a thrash album doesn't really fill me with joy,  but the other genres will be of interest. 

I'm not much for disco or thrash either but I do like Zombimbo and while Evil was my least my favorite on Killection I did like it. Also really enjoyed the Demonarchy side of Monstereophonic.   I also don't care for Industrial, but I absolutely love Shake The Baby Silent; so I think Killection is a good indication that Lordi is gonna pull this off.

9 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Love the band BUT it is possible to have too much of a good thing.....not sure how they could possibly impress me with 7 cds of material but we will see....

I think the key will be to spread out the albums, you could do one every 6 months.  I'm probably going to do 1 album every two weeks or one every month maybe.