Lordi releases 7 new studio albums

J.S.M

Their last album (Killection) was a fictional best-of from the albums they would have released if they already had existed in the 70's. 

In October they release 7 of those back-catalogue albums with 8 or 9 new songs each and the song that 'ended up' on Killection.

They are gonna release:

A 70's rock'n'roll album

A 70's disco album

An 80's progressive rock album

An 80's glam metal album

An 80's AOR, melodic rock album 

A 90's (Thrash) metal album

A 90's industrial album

What do you think?  

Edited by J.S.M

Always been a fan of Lordi. I know some may disagree but they are haven’t released a bad album in my opinion - consistent and a band that I always look forward to new music from. 

This is a pretty crazy idea but count me in - Can’t say I was all that surprised when I read it! 

They will never top The Arockalypse or Deadache but I will definitely look forward to October. 

Lordi is one of my favorite bands and I loved every song on Killection, so this is great news. 

I wonder if it will actually be 7 legit separate albums or if it will be a seven disc boxset.  The boxset would be fine but I would rather the 7 separate  physical copies.  Either way it will be about 60 new Lordi songs.   If they are keeping the songs from Killection, I'm guessing they'll be keeping the album covers and titles as well?

I also think there is an option for a box set down the road of all the unreleased songs from each of their previous albums; I think they wrote and demoed like 40 songs for most of them.

Edited by tobi is an animal

33 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

Always been a fan of Lordi. I know some may disagree but they are haven’t released a bad album in my opinion - consistent and a band that I always look forward to new music from. 

Lordi is my favourite band since 2012. What all of their albums have in common is that I think they are bad when I listen to them for the first time. After a few more runs every album grew on me. I share your opinion about their consistency. Curious if they can keep that level with around 60 new songs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J.S.M said:

Lordi is my favourite band since 2012. What all of their albums have in common is that I think they are bad when I listen to them for the first time. After a few more runs every album grew on me. I share your opinion about their consistency. Curious if they can keep that level with around 60 new songs.

I honestly can't think of a Lordi song that I skip.  I believe the fact that each album is different from each other will help them keep that level up for 60 songs.  I think I might do an album every two weeks instead of trying to digest 60 songs all at once.

Edited by tobi is an animal

1 hour ago, J.S.M said:

I thought the same - I’m hoping that they still maintain a solid level even when dropping 60+ songs. I think Mr Lordi writes for fun so I’m sure he has some killer tracks. I noticed each track (barring the ‘singles’ from the Killection album) are brand new from the last 12 months, so no old demos etc. 

I think the one album that I wasn’t so keen on at first was To Beast Or Not To Beast.. now it’s one of my favourites. 

Love Lordi and the 'Killection' album was a really good release, but this maybe a little bit of overkill. A disco and a thrash album doesn't really fill me with joy,  but the other genres will be of interest. 

18 hours ago, Jez said:

Love Lordi and the 'Killection' album was a really good release, but this maybe a little bit of overkill. A disco and a thrash album doesn't really fill me with joy,  but the other genres will be of interest. 

I'm not much for disco or thrash either but I do like Zombimbo and while Evil was my least my favorite on Killection I did like it. Also really enjoyed the Demonarchy side of Monstereophonic.   I also don't care for Industrial, but I absolutely love Shake The Baby Silent; so I think Killection is a good indication that Lordi is gonna pull this off.

9 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Love the band BUT it is possible to have too much of a good thing.....not sure how they could possibly impress me with 7 cds of material but we will see....

I think the key will be to spread out the albums, you could do one every 6 months.  I'm probably going to do 1 album every two weeks or one every month maybe.  

• 4 months later...
28 minutes ago, J.S.M said:

New single out this evening 8pm cet via AFM Records. It'll probably be from the 70's disco album

Great news - I’ll be keeping an ear out for that one. 

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, J.S.M said:

New single "believe me" from "Superflytrap", one of the seven albums in Lordiversity.

ABBA much?

• 2 months later...

'Borderline' sounds great. As I said earlier on here, I think 7 albums is going to be a bit of a Lordi overload, but I am looking forward to 3 of these discs for sure.

• 5 weeks later...

Been just a casual fan of the band and not a big new release buyer, more of a find it in the wild for a quarter guy, so my Lordi collection only has a couple albums.

That said I like all of the new songs posted for the upcoming multi album release, which by looking at their site the records are all bundled together in CD and various LP formats. Too rich for my blood, especially with the outlandish shipping to the States, but I wouldn't mind having 1.

Thanks for posting these songs and commenting @J.S.Mand @tobi is an animal, appreciate the effort.

There are at least 2 albums in this monsterous set that are absolutely fantastic...I'll let you know more when I have digested all the albums a little more.

On 11/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, martinsane said:

Been just a casual fan of the band and not a big new release buyer, more of a find it in the wild for a quarter guy, so my Lordi collection only has a couple albums.

That said I like all of the new songs posted for the upcoming multi album release, which by looking at their site the records are all bundled together in CD and various LP formats. Too rich for my blood, especially with the outlandish shipping to the States, but I wouldn't mind having 1.

Thanks for posting these songs and commenting @J.S.Mand @tobi is an animal, appreciate the effort.

I noticed that it is available on eBay for $120 CAD which isn't too bad for 7 cds worth of material but I'm not sure if I will like more than a couple of those releases so I'm holding off on the purchase for now....

• 2 weeks later...

Have been playing all of this mammoth box set over the last couple of weeks or so. A couple of the albums here left me a bit cold if i'm honest, but on the whole, this is a pretty impressive piece of work with 4 albums of the 7 really standing out. This is way way better than I expected this whole project to be.

Skelectric Dinosaur - For fans of mid 70's Kiss, this will be right up your street...pretty good over all, but probably won't play too often

Superflytrap - The album I was least looking forward to, but has turned out to be one of the better ones in this box set. Disco/Pop Rock and a really well done, fun album it is.

The Masterbeast From The Moon - I don't really get this one. It's not really Prog...it says it's influenced by Rush, Pink Floyd and Styx, but I don't really hear that here tbh and  I don't really know how to describe it. It didn't do much for me on the whole and is the worst album here by far

Abusement Park - 2nd best disc in the box...Pretty much the typical Lordi style on this one..80's Hard Rock/Metal with huge hooks and choruses. Really great album this one

Humanimals - Best in the box.. once again not too far removed from their usual stuff...very 80's Melodic rock/AOR with some great songs like 'Borderline', 'Victims Of Romance' and 'Girl In a Suitcase'.    absolutely brilliant stuff.

Abracadaver -  Not bad this one...pretty heavy stuff ala Pantera, Anthrax etc but some good songs on here as well.

Spooky Sextravaganza - Industrial metal ala, Manson, NIN and even a Depeche Mode type track which is brilliant. Good album this one 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...