Toby Hitchcock - Changes

Stefan

I preferred the Mercurys Down album with Martensson,but the last release wasn't bad either...so even with ADV's involvement I remain hopeful...I mean Robin McAuleys new stuff is sounding good so you never know.

1 hour ago, lettard said:

I preferred the Mercurys Down album with Martensson,but the last release wasn't bad either...so even with ADV's involvement I remain hopeful...I mean Robin McAuleys new stuff is sounding good so you never know.

^^^^ this 

the debut is a million times better than the last one imo 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

New song 'Forward'.

Press release:

Toby Hitchcock (Pride Of Lions) has announced that his new solo album, "Changes" will be released on July 9, 2021.

Powerhouse American vocalist Toby Hitchcock is one of the most recognizable, powerful, and charismatic voices in the current Melodic Rock/AOR scene. As frontman of Pride of Lions, he has been the voice behind some of the best new classics of the genre, always delivering passionate and outstanding performances. Vocally, he has often been compared to legendary figures like Bobby Kimball (Toto), Jimi Jamison (Survivor), or Lou Gramm (Foreigner), which is astounding company to be in. Hitchcock's voice has the depth, feeling, and extension of each of them, while still maintaining his own identity and trademark style. In short, he is an absolute star in the current Melodic Rock scene.

While Jim Peterik is preparing a new Jim Peterik's World Stage album, Toby took the time to commence work on another solo record. Following the excellent results that "Mercury's Down” and “The Reckoning” received, this will be another welcome entry in Hitchcock's growing discography. This time, Toby hooked up with Frontiers in-house producer Alessandro Del Vecchio, who has created an outstanding collection of songs highlighting the skills of Toby’s tenor voice. Greek music fans may also recognize an outstanding and rocking international version of Despina Vandi’s hit “Xano Esena,” here entitled “Before I Met You".

For Melodic Rock/AOR fans, there is no reason to miss this record, which promises to easily be one of the top Melodic Rock albums of the year!

Tracklist:

1. Forward

2. Before I Met You (Xano Esena)

3. Changes

4. Tonight Again

5. Garden Of Eden

6. Don't Say Goodbye

7. Say No More

8. Run Away Again (From Love)

9. Two Hearts On The Run

10. On The Edge Of Falling

11. Losing You

Line-up:

Toby Hitchcock - Vocals

Martin Jepsen Andersen - Guitars

Alessandro Del Vecchio - Bass, keyboards, backing vocals

Nicholas Papapicco – Drums

www.facebook.com/tobykhitchcock

Edited by Stefan

• My Little Pony

I think you guys might be a little harsh. It's not terrible. But it could have been much better. A lot of potential there. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Debut is one of the best albums in the last few years, but the follow up way okay.

I don't know if it's cool or not to mention it, but I really like 'Forward.' Sounds like a good tune to me and the chorus, uh... yeah, so, um, like, yeah, literally, it sounds pretty cool to me. 'Before I met you' is okay but not startling and 'Tonight again' is pretty bland. 

I'll give it a go but not expecting a world beater. 

debut is great but the production is crap so I never play it.

Last album was OK at best. Really no interest at all.

All 3 songs so far have been a huge pass from me. Songs not good at all and he's just over singing everything these days 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Glen said:

debut is great but the production is crap so I never play it.

Last album was OK at best. Really no interest at all.

All 3 songs so far have been a huge pass from me. Songs not good at all and he's just over singing everything these days 

These days? I've never liked and never will like his singing style. Way too over the top for me, but I still love his solo debut. Agree the production was weak/muddy - but the songs are amazing. 

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

These days? I've never liked and never will like his singing style. Way too over the top for me, but I still love his solo debut. Agree the production was weak/muddy - but the songs are amazing. 

must just be that the songs are so shit now then that makes it almost unlistenable 

I agree with Glen. He's a terrific singer but his style rarely suits the songs he's featured on. I think it sounds better on Pride of Lions because Peterik can write a solid pomp tune in his sleep but it's a different story with these cookie-cutter melodic rock songs. Just too operatic and over-the-top.

Mercury's Down had a certain energy to it that matched Hitchcock's voice. These last two albums, not so much. I do wish it had a better production because it sounds like shit when you turn it up, and who wouldn't want to blast those songs?

Edited by Eric3
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...