One Desire - One night only (live album)

Captain Howdy

158828664_3834740703248619_1116605409252

One Desire will release their first live album on June 11th. Will be available as a two disc vinyl, CD/DVD combo and also available on blu ray on its own.

Will also be release a single and video as a taster on March 30th.

Pre-orders up at the Frontiers web shop.

• My Little Pony
23 minutes ago, Glen said:

a live album already? Pass 

Yeah. Build up a catalogue first, and then hit us with a live recording of your best tunes. 

On 3/27/2021 at 5:46 AM, Eric3 said:

Is this going to be "live" as in, the latest Treat and FM recordings/overdubs, or actually live? Anyone hear a sample?

Premiere for the song 'After You're Gone'.

I'm gonna say it before I've heard it:

Meh, not interested.

Edited by Stefan

9 hours ago, Stefan said:

Meh, not interested.

seen one desire twice as a support act which was nice but no way I would pay to see them headline 

10 hours ago, Stefan said:

Meh, not interested.

That sounds at least plausibly live and not exactly like the studio a la the recent Treat album.

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Tabe said:

That sounds at least plausibly live and not exactly like the studio a la the recent Treat album.

What happened? I dunno what you're talking about. 

• My Little Pony
29 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Treat's "The Road More or Less Traveled" is very, very obviously heavily redone in the studio.  

Oh. I recall being uninterested, so I never did listen to it. I'm not sure how I feel about touching up live recordings, but who isn't doing that?

It's not just touching up. That doesn't even sound like a live album. The vocals are clearly overdubbed and everything else is polished to high heaven. Same goes for those FM "live" videos they have been posting lately (though I'll give Overland the benefit of a doubt in this case). I don't normally care for live albums anyway but c'mon, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eric3 said:

It's not just touching up. That doesn't even sound like a live album. The vocals are clearly overdubbed and everything else is polished to high heaven. Same goes for those FM "live" videos they have been posting lately (though I'll give Overland the benefit of a doubt in this case). I don't normally care for live albums anyway but c'mon, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

Exactly.  It sounds like a studio album.  The video from One Desire at least has some rough edges to it.

• 1 month later...

Hey, that at least sounds live.  

I gotta say though...how do you not go back and fix the missing lyrics at the start of the song?!?!?

Also, comments on the video are saying the keyboard player isn't a member of the band and was actually backstage - what's up with that?

Edited by Tabe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've listened to this album at least a dozen times.  I have no idea how much of it is really live and how much clean-up was done in the studio, if any.  What I do know is that I love the album and it sounds great.  

Just not into live albums anymore.

Watched this last night. Very enjoyabl, although they're not the most dynamic live band as of yet... the songs really shine live though. Would like to see a bigger show