Paul Stanley's Soul Station - I, Oh I

whiplash1972

This isn't going to appeal to everyone here, but I love this! The first time I heard it, I immediately went to look up who had done the song originally, and was amazed to find that Paul had written it himself; the sound is straight up Motown baby! The entire Soul Station album is GREAT in my opinion, covers, and originals (which Paul wrote and handled the orchestration on) both. Check it out if you like a little R&B and soul...

PAUL-STANLEYS-SOUL-STATION-Now-And-Then.

So funny how you said you liked this. Just the other day a buddy of mine, and fellow hard rocker, said the same thing. He said at first it was hard 'seeing' Paul do this, but then just started listening and turned out he really enjoyed it. It does taking some getting used to, but if in the mood, I can see and hear the appeal. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

I saw him in a recent Aussie interview talking about this and he was saying that, he sings Rock, but he's not just a Rock singer. I don't know what he's like in real life, but he seems like a really nice guy. Worlds apart from Gene Simmons. I think the completely different levels of respect they get from the industry and fans reflects that.

I love Gene, but there's no denying his Douchebaggery. Paul's so well liked that I think even hardcore KISS fans will embrace this album or at least give it a listen as a result of that.

Good on him. 

Like JBJ, he's more than earned the right to follow his musical passion.

• Like 1