Mark Slaughter Classics

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

The first two "Slaughter" albums are gold. I'm sure "Stick It To Ya" has a place in most of our hearts and the "Slaughter - Invasion" album featuring Vinnie Vincent (;)) is a Fucking Killer!!!!!!

"That Time of Year" is one of those songs in my best ever lists. 

I've also posted a video from '88 of "Burn". There are three things to take away from this video.

Firstly, how easily Mark is able to hit those high notes like it's no effort at all.

Secondly,  what a magnificent stage presence Dana Strum has.

Thirdly, what a terrible stage presence Vinnie Vincent has.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• My Little Pony

I was gonna say their current drummer, Zoltan Chaney, also has an insane stage presence, but it looks like Blas Elias rejoined the band. 

• Like 1

Don’t really care much for the Vinnie Vincent stuff but Slaughter.. now you’re talking. Stick It To Ya is mandatory and the follow up isn’t half bad either. 

I saw Mark play guitar for Nelson a few years back, was a cool gig and their version of Up All Night was spot on. 

• Like 2

Love them first two Slaughter releases and Fear No Evil isnt too bad ,remember well managing to find Stick It To Ya on cassette after months of searching...stuck it on when I got home and the rest as they say is history,still listen to it quite a lot and added Shout It Out from Bill & Teds Bogus Journey to mine as bonus track  :) don't mind the stuff he did with VVI either.,a bit of Love Kills for example.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 2

Over the years, I've never really given Slaughter a chance, mainly because I hated the first album.  Bought it because of "Up All Night" and that ended up being the only song I liked.  Thought the rest was pretty bad, to say the least.  Gave the songs from that album a listen on the links above and, well, no change.  Still hate 'em.  

• Like 1

"Stick it" is a Great album, and the rest are really good. VVI is also really good

• Like 1

Been a fan of Mark, from his Vinnie days and Slaughter days as well.

I was only recent found  he was in a band called Xcursion, my goal is to find their CD in 1999 with cheap price. where to find the vinyl which came out in 1984 I will forget about it.

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors

I’ve always been a fan of Slaughter. I lived in Japan through the 90’s and 20’s so they continued to release albums over there. They’re eventually came out in the states. I think CMC International picked them up. I also liked his stuff with VVI as well.

• Like 1