Dangerous Curves - Summertime Highs (2021)

Aordave89

• 2 months later...

This is now available for preorder from bandcamp...cd isnt too bad price wise(around £12) but as pointed out the postage is a killer (an additional £15!!) so I take it that it'll come in a gold envelope encrusted in diamonds? Hope so anyway cause I ordered it due to the fact that its just so hard to find their stuff,glad I got the ep & debut album from them directly at the time  :)

Summertime Highs | Dangerous Curves (bandcamp.com)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
On 6/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, lettard said:

This is now available for preorder from bandcamp...cd isnt too bad price wise(around £12) but as pointed out the postage is a killer (an additional £15!!) so I take it that it'll come in a gold envelope encrusted in diamonds? Hope so anyway cause I ordered it due to the fact that its just so hard to find their stuff,glad I got the ep & debut album from them directly at the time  :)

They have need to get a US distributor to help get there product out there and avoid from people having to pay £1in shipping fees. I missed out on getting their EP and first release because of these shipping fees. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 2:16 PM, lettard said:

Yeah, they do need to improve their distribution.  I saw the US Frontiers guy shared their first single in the Frontiers Facebook group awhile back and was asking for thoughts on them.  Maybe they'll pick them up for album #3.  I feel like they're still a fairly unknown band at the moment.  But that first single has been getting some nice push in some various groups. 

I went ahead and bought this CD too.  Just very difficult to get and felt like supporting the band.  It'll only be the third CD I've bought this year so I'm doing pretty good limiting my purchases :)  

And I think the first two singles are showing these guys are taking a big step forward but I guess we'll see.

I think I also saw that it won't hit streaming services until 8/17 according to banner on their Facebook page so figured I might as well buy it to get the download right away on 7/17.  I suppose their probably trying to encourage some purchases before releasing to streaming.  I'd rather pay the shipping for the CD that includes a digital download than just buy a digital download with no CD.  You basically just end up paying $20 extra for the CD than for the digital files alone.  That damn Australian shipping is whack though and I'm sure it'll still take 6-8 weeks to get to me.

Everyone is screaming about the postage from Australia to America. It's same getting something from America to Australia. And delivery , I order a CD from America it took 4 months arrive with a broken case.

The fucktards at Australia Post have removed the option to send small items as large letters. I've been screaming at them for months about it, but they don't give a flying fuck.

It now costs me $20/item instead of $5. So I'm bulk shipping items to single destination points in different countries to get around it. 

13 hours ago, melodicrock said:

The fucktards at Australia Post have removed the option to send small items as large letters. I've been screaming at them for months about it, but they don't give a flying fuck.

It now costs me $20/item instead of $5. So I'm bulk shipping items to single destination points in different countries to get around it. 

Maybe Arse Post still playing off of ex CEO spending spree.

2 hours ago, lettard said:

The digital part of the preorder released today,sounding really good and even better here today cause the sun is actually out  :)

Heck yeah...listening too today and digging it.  Definitely a step forward from their debut album IMO.  Just better songs, bigger sound and more production.  I think the guitar work stands out too....some cool riffs.

I need more listens though to really get a better feel.  I think the only annoying thing to me was that last track SJS that is just a minute long instrumental.  Seems kind of pointless.  Although, on my version I tossed Take My Money in as my last "bonus" track and that's a much better way to end the album.  Not sure why they didn't just include that track on the album but it's on my version :)

Good stuff tbough and I'll be spinning this a lot.

lol, I hadn't even bothered with this thread because the debut was so average. Worth listening to and following up on what they did next, but it was so far down on my list of priorities. Saw the band name pop up in the best of 2021 list so I thought I better check it out. Bit excited by the positive commentary in the thread so far... 

5 hours ago, tts42572 said:

For those in the US, here's a site selling the new CD at a more reasonable price:

https://www.impulsemusic.com/catalog/cds_browse.asp?letter=D

No idea on how long delivery might be but might be worth a shot.

Spotify for me ;)

and bandcamp until then 

Not a bad little tape, this one. Still hasn't completely turned around my opinion on these guys, but there are some glimmers of brilliance on this one. 'Good And The Bad' is melodic / commercial gold and I wish it wasn't a one-off on the album... because it really works. Would love to hear them do an album like this all the way through.

'Pieces 0f Your Love' is a really cool hard rocker too, with some really cool musicianship throughout, and 'Nightmare games' just makes the grade too. The rest has a cool vibe, and I like the slightly heavier feel over the debut, but not a lot of the other songs do too much for me, sadly. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 3:49 PM, Glen said:

Pieces of Your Love :bowdown:

Love it