AOR Song of the Day

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 minutes ago, Aordave89 said:

Never heard of these before.. ‘Somebody Like You’ is a great tune. Good shout man. 

Shea Roxi were from San Francisco and had a bunch of demos that were floating about back in the day and i remember Kelv Hellrazer raving about them back then. AOR blvd records finally released them as the album 1988 but i would loved to have heard these with a decent production job.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

Shea Roxi were from San Francisco and had a bunch of demos that were floating about back in the day and i remember Kelv Hellrazer raving about them back then. AOR blvd records finally released them as the album 1988 but i would loved to have heard these with a decent production job.

Thanks for the info - I’ll track that album down. Agreed, I can imagine these sounding pretty huge with a decent production. 

Yeah great band but that cd release sounded exactly what it was..demos unfortunately...still good tunes though, and I can't believe Kelv has passed away  :(

Edited by lettard

• 2023 Gold Donors

AWESOME!!! Album and one of MTM's best releases. I remember reading an interview with Brian Mcdonald were he said Chicago and Def Leppard were some of his influences and you can hear that all over this album. Plus you have the Awesome Reb Beach playing, stellar stuff.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Awesome song and still sounds as good now as it did when it was released in 81

Have to mention their album Just Getting Started 2007 which has to be one of the best comeback albums ever.

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Love this track and many other Loverboy/Mike Reno tracks.

One question I've always had about the title "Working For The Weekend" is, does it mean working over the weekend or does it mean working Monday to Friday "for the weekend"?

I'm still not sure.

• Haha 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Another cracker soundtrack song from Mike Reno, featuring the great Ann Wilson.

On a side note for the Aussies, have any of you ever thought that Mike Reno sounds like John Farnham at times?

I always have.

Edited by Darkstone

9 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Awesome song and still sounds as good now as it did when it was released in 81

Have to mention their album Just Getting Started 2007 which has to be one of the best comeback albums ever.

Agree on both counts mate! 

7 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Love this track and many other Loverboy/Mike Reno tracks.

One question I've always had about the title "Working For The Weekend" is, does it mean working over the weekend or does it mean working Monday to Friday "for the weekend"?

I'm still not sure.

I think he’s working to get some cash together for the weekend.. so he can have a few drinks and Get Lucky maybe… :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Another cracker soundtrack song from Mike Reno, featuring the great Ann Wilson.

On a side note for the Aussies, have any of you ever thought that Mike Reno sounds like John Farnham at times?

I always have.

No John Farnham is trying sound like Mike Reno.

• Haha 1