Alias - Alias (1990)

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

One of THE greatest albums of the genre. It's about as close to perfection as you can get.

One of the few bands from "our" music to actually have a mainstream hit.

"I'll See You in my Dreams" from Giant, "High Enough" from "Damn Yankees" and of course, Mr. Big's "To Be With You" received commercial success. 

"More Than Words Can Say" also received great commercial success. 

I'll limit myself to picking one track as a favourite. It's very difficult, but i've gotta go with "Haunted Heart".

Great debut,yes a remaster would be nice after all of this time,fav track is also Waiting For Love,managed to pick the 7" of that up in a local shop that had it for some strange reason(they never stocked what we listen to) that lead me to searching out the album and yes I remember More Than Words Can Say getting heavy rotation on MTV which just added to the want to find this gem.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

Why people throw out or sell CDs to pawn shops ?

After losing my original copy, I was able to find another copy with Freddy autograph.

• 2023 Gold Donors
58 minutes ago, Doggy said:

Why people throw out or sell CDs to pawn shops ?

After losing my original copy, I was able to find another copy with Freddy autograph.

Back when I was buying CDs I used to love checking out second hand stores and found some gems.

I used to think the same thing, "Why the fuck would somebody get rid of this?"

About 25 years ago, I fell on hard times and had to get rid of a lot of my CDs. I understood why these gems would pop up and I haven't bought a disc from a pawn shop or second hand store since.

I can guarantee, the person who sold that disc didn't want to and they would have received fuck all for it. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
20 hours ago, Darkstone said:

"I'll See You in my Dreams" from Giant, "High Enough" from "Damn Yankees" and of course, Mr. Big's "To Be With You" received commercial success. 

"More Than Words Can Say" also received great commercial success. 

You could add "When I See You Smile", the Bad English classic to that list as well.

Edited by Darkstone

Awesome album. One of the first classics I discovered as I was getting into AOR so it'll always have a place in my heart. I think the first song I heard was "One More Chance."

• Like 1

Big, long memories for me for this one. I remember picking the tape of this and Vain's 'No Respect' up in a second hand music shop in Kempsey. I think I'd passed on this before because the kind of "industrial" looking front cover, but man did I love what I heard when I heard it. Don't love every single song on it, but the best are near flawless. If I had to pick a favourite I couldn't go past 'Waiting for love.' 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Back when I was buying CDs I used to love checking out second hand stores and found some gems.

I used to think the same thing, "Why the fuck would somebody get rid of this?"

About 25 years ago, I fell on hard times and had to get rid of a lot of my CDs. I understood why these gems would pop up and I haven't bought a disc from a pawn shop or second hand store since.

I can guarantee, the person who sold that disc didn't want to and they would have received fuck all for it. 

Next find was the Sophie by Bulletsboys, with Marq's autograph.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, headbanger4life said:

This one is just a classic. It’s a shame they never really got to follow it up. 

Well they did release the "Never Say Never" cd in 2009 if that counts?

• 2023 Gold Donors
14 minutes ago, lettard said:

Well they did release the "Never Say Never" cd in 2009 if that counts?

That was a good album too, but not on this level.

It contained this classic that didn't make it onto the debut.

I had it on the soundtrack for "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead". It also appeared on the soundtrack for the Paul Shore movie "The Son in Law".

• Like 1

And it's on Curci's solo album. 

I actually just had both Alias albums in the car stereo last week. Good times. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
22 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

Love this album. Curci sounds amazing. Not much else I can add that others haven’t already. ‘One More Chance’ is a killer track. 

That's my favourite from the album. 

• Like 1