Syre Reissue

Leykis101

Fucking sorry, I like Syre and all, but I know damn well it wasnt this good.

https://ddrmusicgroup.com/collections/metal-legacy-records/products/syre-it-aint-pretty-being-easy-2016-reissue

• 2023 Gold Donors

I see a lot of stuff like that with outrageous prices. Do the die hard physical CD buyers/collectors really pay those sort of prices? I find it unbelievable. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've just realized that price is for the 2016 reissue on the official DDR website.

It's not even an original 1990 copy. I'm even more gobsmacked. 

I could not give two shits about owning the actual physical disc. For me it's all about the music.

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Shane Martin from DDR posts here occasionally. I would love to know if these sort of prices are paid regularly. 

Shane?

Also, a lot of you guys have been on this site for many years trading, collecting and interacting with some of the older, no longer active, hard core traders/collectors. I can't imagine too many other collectors as obsessed or fanatical than past members of this forum.

Have any of you or any one from here that you know of, ever paid anything close to that for a disc?

I picked the reissue up for a tenner and bought it because Id read it was remastered,dunno it doesnt sound much difference to my original cd from '90 :blink:

That Syre CD was remastered? I couldnt tell it had been mastered to begin with, horribly quiet and very low db's, I sold my original Syre on ebay for $50, bought a new one for 25, and with that mastering job I wouldnt pay more then that for it, the most I ever paid was 80 fpr a Eddie Money Wheres The Party CD, I sold a American Angel and Noize Toys cd for 100, 

2 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Shane Martin from DDR posts here occasionally. I would love to know if these sort of prices are paid regularly. 

Shane?

I'm sure that price is an error/glitch.  I shop DDR's site at least once a month and I thought I've seen that title listed for 19.99 not long ago.  So it would be interesting to hear from Shane to clarify things.  That would be beyond crazy if it is the correct asking price, lol.  As was mentioned, even if brand new/sealed condition I'd have to believe the original wouldn't go for much more than $50

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 minutes ago, Crazysam said:

I'm sure that price is an error/glitch.  I shop DDR's site at least once a month and I thought I've seen that title listed for 19.99 not long ago.  So it would be interesting to hear from Shane to clarify things.  That would be beyond crazy if it is the correct asking price, lol.  As was mentioned, even if brand new/sealed condition I'd have to believe the original wouldn't go for much more than $50

I thought it might be an error also. Although, I see prices like that all the time on the main site homepage. 

Even if this particular case was an error, those prices do exist. Crazy shit.

2 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I thought it might be an error also. Although, I see prices like that all the time on the main site homepage. 

Even if this particular case was an error, those prices do exist. Crazy shit.

yeah, I've read/heard of some pretty outrageous sale prices for hard to find indie releases, it is crazy, I'm a collector myself and prefer to have physical copies, early versions, in good condition and all that but I don't recall ever spending more than about $40 on a cd, if it's that rare and expensive I'm more than happy to have it on cd-r and print up artwork myself

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I don't think Shane is with the label anymore.

What makes you say that? last I heard from him was on FB like a year ago, not so much as a peep since

15 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

What makes you say that? last I heard from him was on FB like a year ago, not so much as a peep since

I asked him about something on FB and he said he wasn't with the label anymore.

hey you edited that to make it say what your narrative is, busted

• Haha 1