Aldo Nova - Blood on the Bricks (1991)

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Huge memories for me associated with this one. I'd never heard of "Aldo Nova" before, but a friend of mine had this and I loved it immediately. Seeing the JBJ connection was also a bonus, in those days anyway.

This is just a great feel good album. Not all Killers, but the ones that are Killers, are phenomenal. 

You can't get better quality AOR/MHR than "Someday", "Young Love", "Hey Ronnie", "Bright Lights" and what is possibly one of the best songs ever written, IMO of course.

"Touch of Madness". 

An example of how some great AOR is not too far removed from some Country.

Very much a Modern Country vibe to some of this. If a new Country band released some of these tracks, no one would bat an eyelid. 

Edited by Darkstone

One of my favorite songs ever in the history of music is on this album, Young Love, it defines what I love about this music.

• Like 1

I actually really didn't like this disc when it was released and sold it on,was a big fan of Twitch , still am with its 80's pop/rock summery vibe...but...

Many years later I decided to revisit and was well pleased that I did, really enjoy it now  :)

• Like 1

I like all the AN albums, but with the help of JBJ this is a great album!

• Like 2

Yep, basically agree with most of your sentiment, Darkstone. It's not all perfect, but when it's good it's magnificent, and 'Touch of madness' is one of my absolute favourites ever too. Love the story and the vibe the song offers. Encapsulates so much that I love about this music. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Of his first 4 albums, this comes 4th for me, which isn't to take anything away from it at all, as it is a really really good album, but it just goes to show the magnificence of the debut, 'Subject' and 'Twitch'  and how good they really are...almost perfection.