4. Our Generation

5. Companion ft. Elle King

6. One Phone Call

7. Hurts So Good

8. Dancing In Heaven

9. Beautiful Stranger

10. UFO

11. A Postcard From the City of Angels

So, I've been through the album once, now. I think most here will be disappointed with it. Def not as good as his first, but maybe it'll grow. 

• My Little Pony
2 hours ago, lettard said:

Must grab a listen, the singles were pretty good but the debut was excellent.

The singles were hit and miss with some folk here. If you only liked half of the singles, well... the rest of the album is a bit patchy. 

And if you enjoyed the singles, you still might not love the other tunes. 

Anyway, once it's officially released they should all be on the FaceTubes, and we'll post them here. 

Will have to keep an eye out for this on european release because when I went to order from the man himself it was $47 postage!! but I do like what I hear,its like an escape from what I usually listen to...and Magic Trick is pure class.

• My Little Pony
11 minutes ago, lettard said:

Will have to keep an eye out for this on european release because when I went to order from the man himself it was $47 postage!! but I do like what I hear,its like an escape from what I usually listen to...and Magic Trick is pure class.

Holy shit! 

$47?? Was that just for the CD?

I know you all love "Magic Trick," but my favourite is "One Phone Call." 

14 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Holy shit! 

$47?? Was that just for the CD?

I know you all love "Magic Trick," but my favourite is "One Phone Call." 

Naw...the cd was $15 then it was $47 postage...grand total of $62! must be gold plated  :) so yeah i'll wait...

One Phone call is indeed a great track also.

• My Little Pony
4 minutes ago, lettard said:

Naw...the cd was $15 then it was $47 postage...grand total of $62! must be gold plated  :) so yeah i'll wait...

One Phone call is indeed a great track also.

No, I meant was that postage just for the CD? Which it appears it was. I got the hoodie as well, and it wasn't that much. 

Oh nice, gotta get this in my ears asap. I feel like I have realistic expectations for the overall album, so I'm prepared to give it ear time. 

The first single 'Magic trick' is probably one of the best songs in the last few years imo. Simply phenomenal. The other singles that followed never matched the first. Will give this album a listen tonight. But one thing's certain, Magic trick will end up in my 2021 top 3 best songs regardless of how the album fares in the long run. 

Still not heard this album. I'm all for people liking different tunes and to each their own but my take on 'Magic Trick' vs 'One Phone call' is this- Both fantastic songs and not much between them at all. What puts 'Magic Trick' across the line for me is the fact that 'One phone call' sounded immediately familiar when I heard it. I can't think of a song it directly rips off or anything, but it's a familiar song... and I absolutely love it. 

Alternatively, I can't think of a song anything like 'Magic Trick' and that's why it excites me so much. It's an amazing tune and not just a slight variation on something we hear so often. 

Just my take - like I say, absolutely love both songs.