FarCry - Balance

Stefan

From AOR Heaven:

FarCry is a melodic rock band from the Northeastern US formed in 2006, with two successful albums under their belt, High Gear (2009), and Optimism (2011). Playing across the US and as far away as the Nottingham, England for Firefest in 2012, FarCry has shared the stage with numerous acts including Vince Neil, Bret Michaels, Dokken, Firehouse, Danger Danger, and many more with a killer live set.

Shortly after they completed their 2011 release “Optimism”, vocalist Mark Giovi left the band for personal reasons, and later in 2011 the band began working on new material with a new vocalist, as well as playing several live shows throughout 2012-2013.

In 2013 with a number of other business endeavors to deal with, Guitarist Pete Fry dissolved the band indefinitely, with no plans to reform under that name. After a couple of years however, Pete teamed up with new vocalist Bob Malone and started writing material with a vengeance for a new melodic rock project. With the new material coming fast and furious, and overwhelmingly positive feedback regarding bringing back the name FarCry, Pete agreed that maybe the band’s story wasn’t finished being written just yet…

Bringing everyone back into the fold wasn’t as easy as they had hoped, so a new rhythm section was brought in with Leo Sabatino on bass and Rich Yaniro on drums. Rounding it out and adding the power, Jon Giesler (guitar) joined the band and completed the picture. With roots firmly planted in the late 80's/early 90's heyday of commercial hard rock, FarCry puts their own unique spin on the sounds of that era without sounding dated. Well suited to smaller club stages opening for national acts, or the biggest festivals among multiple bands, FarCry brings their all and gives everything they've got to every show!

FarCry’s latest release “Balance” was recorded throughout 2019-2020, produced by the band, and mixed by Paul Crook (Meatloaf, Anthrax). Mastered by Maor Appelbaum. All songs written by the band with the exception of “I Am Your Man” written by Steve Newman.

FarCry is: Bob Malone – vocals, Pete Fry - lead guitars, Jon Giesler – guitars, Leo Sabatino – bass, Rich Yaniro - drums

Keyboards on Broken Dreams by Eric Ragno

Tracklist:

1. Balance

2. Stay Away

3. I’ll Find a Way

4. I Am Your Man

5. Reaper

6. Broken Dreams

7. Long Distance Love Affair

8. Mr. Destiny

9. Chasing Rainbows

10. Redemption

farcryband.net

www.facebook.com/FarCryBand

Edited by Stefan

Pete actually stumbled across me on Instagram the other day and mentioned this was coming. Very nice. Looking forward to it for sure! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, glad to be back at it. For the record when Bob and I started writing together I had ZERO plans of bringing it back as FarCry. I received overwhelming feedback to keep the name when the material started getting passed around and I (at first) reluctantly brought it back.

For us it makes sense for a variety of reasons i that we'll be playing the older material, and our new material is very much in the same vein. Secondly, keeping the name makes it a little easier for us to break back in to the genre, get the festival gigs, etc.

I get that some will disagree, and I've occasionally had similar thoughts about other bands that have done similar things. Hopefully once the new album comes out, people will see that it truly embodies the spirit of what FarCry was. Either way, I hope everyone digs it!

• Like 7

• 2023 Gold Donors
34 minutes ago, Blue Charvel said:

Hey guys, glad to be back at it. For the record when Bob and I started writing together I had ZERO plans of bringing it back as FarCry. I received overwhelming feedback to keep the name when the material started getting passed around and I (at first) reluctantly brought it back.

For us it makes sense for a variety of reasons i that we'll be playing the older material, and our new material is very much in the same vein. Secondly, keeping the name makes it a little easier for us to break back in to the genre, get the festival gigs, etc.

I get that some will disagree, and I've occasionally had similar thoughts about other bands that have done similar things. Hopefully once the new album comes out, people will see that it truly embodies the spirit of what FarCry was. Either way, I hope everyone digs it!

I agree with you 100% !!!

(now how about adding 100,000 more posts to my total:lol: )

I always thought that Uggy's Bitch would be a great name for a band.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 11:42 AM, nyoilers said:

I agree with you 100% !!!

(now how about adding 100,000 more posts to my total:lol: )

I always thought that Uggy's Bitch would be a great name for a band.

LOL!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony
13 hours ago, Stefan said:

New song 'Stay Away'.

Whoever's handling guitars seems to know what they're doing. ;}

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 7:08 PM, AlphaMale said:

I love the music. The vocals....... not so much.

I agree musically it sounds like FarCry but a drastic change in vocal style. Maybe it will grow on me.

Definitely a change there, we definitely weren't trying to get a similar sounding vocalist to Mark. Hopefully it will grow on you, glad you like the music for now though!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Blue Charvel said:

Definitely a change there, we definitely weren't trying to get a similar sounding vocalist to Mark. Hopefully it will grow on you, glad you like the music for now though!

Your tone and playing is always great. I'm sure I'll warm up to the vocals. 

• 1 month later...