Hired Guns - "Michael Bormann"

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I first heard Michael Bormann on the Jaded Heart album, "Slaves and Masters" and i've been following his career ever since.

He's quite prolific,. Many different projects, from AOR to Metal. He appeared on "The Voice" Germany in 2014 apparently. I don't know how he went, but at least he received some sort of public recognition. Although, I don't know how well known he was in Germany prior to that. Maybe PeterS could let us know.

Not everything he does is Killer, but considering the amount of work he's done over the years, he's got a pretty good strike rate.

Edited by Darkstone

Really liked the stuff he did with Jaded Heart on those first 6 or so discs,Mystery Eyes & Inside Out being very good,my fav probably The Journey Will Never End,but apart from the excellent Charade debut and ok follow up I havent been that big on the stuff,some of Letter X and Rain,prefer his more melodic stuff,for me thats when hes at his best.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 minutes ago, Doggy said:

He release 3 singles with a band called High Voltage (not American or AC/DC tribute band ) and T.A.X with his brother Dirk.

Yeah, I think it's "High Vaultage". Both pre Jaded Heart.

• 2023 Gold Donors
10 minutes ago, lettard said:

Really liked the stuff he did with Jaded Heart on those first 6 or so discs,Mystery Eyes & Inside Out being very good,my fav probably The Journey Will Never End,but apart from the excellent Charade debut and ok follow up I havent been that big on the stuff,some of Letter X and Rain,prefer his more melodic stuff,for me thats when hes at his best.

You can't beat his Jaded Heart stuff, although I really like "Redrum", "Silent Force" and "Powerworld".

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors
27 minutes ago, Doggy said:

He was doing backing vocals on some of their albums

Ahh, okay. I decided when I started these threads, only one song per project (not easy) and that I wasn't going to include Backing Vocal credits.

Just Lead Vocals or Co-Lead Vocals.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

I have the T.A.X. demos and several of them ended up as Charade and Jaded Heart tunes.

• Like 1