Immigrant Song

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I really fucking love this song. I was gonna post these in the "Cover Songs" thread, but I thought this track deserved a thread of its own. 

I've saved my favourites for last. The "Dino Jelusic/Micky Crystal" version is next level, "Adagio" do a great version which differs from the others and the "Gotthard" version is...well, it's Gotthard. 

I remember getting and watching "Made in Switzerland", seeing all the young hot chicks in the massive audience and thinking, I'm living in the wrong country. 

Edited by Darkstone

• My Little Pony

I takes a minute before it's relevant to this thread, but the whole thing is funny. In fact, if you've never seen Robert Mac before he's def worth investigating. Very funny dude. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, All Nights Reserved said:

Step aside... :D

Nice try, but it's a no from me. The one thing you can't mess with in this song is the rhythm. It's all about the rhythm. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

If you're gonna go Metal with this one then this is the way to do it.

Both killer versions, especially "Diamond Head". They didn't fuck with the rhythm. 

Edited by Darkstone

• My Little Pony

Hadn't heard any of those save the Gotthard cover, which is the best. Fuckin' Steve Lee!!

Frankie Banali and Diamond Head's renditions were good, too. Apart from those I couldn't care less about the rest. The original is still the best. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
19 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Hadn't heard any of those save the Gotthard cover, which is the best. Fuckin' Steve Lee!!

Frankie Banali and Diamond Head's renditions were good, too. Apart from those I couldn't care less about the rest. The original is still the best. 

There's a few there that I love, but I may have to agree with you about the original. 

Ridiculously ahead of Its time. Imagine listening to that in 1970. That's two years before I was born FFS.

22 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Nice try, but it's a no from me. The one thing you can't mess with in this song is the rhythm. It's all about the rhythm. 

What's wrong with the rhythm? It's there just twice as fast.

• Haha 1