Hired Guns - "Kelly Hansen"

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Been a huge fan of this guy since the Hurricane days. Pure Quality, but no solo albums unfortunately.

Again, I've only just scratched the surface with my song selection. Particularly with "Perfect World". Killer album.

It's been great to see him get some well deserved mainstream recognition with Foriegner, but I feel the role is beneath him TBH. He's more than just a replacement Lou Gramm.

I also can't help think of what great original stuff we've been deprived of over the last few years since his appointment. 

"Over the Edge" is one of my alltime favourite tracks.

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Metal T said:

$

The Foreigner' gig pays a lot more...but the jumping around on stage barefoot is goofy as h3ll

Yeah you're right about the Dollars. As much as I would have loved to hear new stuff from him, I can't begrudge him to opportunity to make some decent money though, so good on him.

2 minutes ago, lettard said:

Great singer and indeed show/frontman...seen him in 1990 with Hurricane and then a few years ago with Foreigner...voice is still great.

Seen him a few times with Foreigner and always excellent. How was Hurricane in 1990?

• 2023 Gold Donors
58 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Fantastic singer.

Whatever happened to those remastered reissues from Lonnie? I never got mine. :taz:

Ha! That was before my time, but i've read all about it. 

It was quite the kerfuffle. 

Am a big Hurricane fan.  Bums me out that we won't get new material from them.  Also bums me out that Foreigner won't play even one Hurricane song in concert.  C'mon guys!  :)

I've seen Foreigner three times, once with each of their lead singers - Johnny Edwards in 1991, Lou in 1992 or 1993, Kelly in 2006.  Kelly was the best of the bunch* - and he'd only been with the band for a few months.  He was great.  I met Tom Gimbel and Jason Bonham after the show (both dudes were *SUPER* nice).  I told Tom that I thought Kelly was the best of the three and he kinda gave me a double take and says "Really?  Man, that's great.  I'll have to tell Kelly.  He'll be really pleased to hear that."

On another topic that will interest this board, I asked Jason about the demise of his band "Bonham" that I absolutely loved.  He says to me "Drugs are a terrible thing, mate." :(

* - Lou's studio albums are obviously the best, strictly referring to concert performance here.  Lou still had his voice when we saw them, this was before his health issues.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lettard said:

Great singer and indeed show/frontman...seen him with Hurricane and then a few years ago with Foreigner...voice is still great.

My mistake..it was before Aldrich joined so about 87/88,enjoyed them..it was short and sweet but a lot of energy...they supported the late great Gary Moore,who i'd been taken to see,didnt even know who they were.

Edited by lettard

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 minutes ago, lettard said:

My mistake..it was before Aldrich joined so about 87/88,enjoyed them..it was short and sweet but a lot of energy...they supported the late great Gary Moore,who i'd been taken to see,didnt even know who they were.

Not a bad double bill.