Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation (1990)

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Well I guess I had to post this one.

It goes without saying that IMHO, this is a 100%, no questions asked, "no skips required" album.

All Killer!, no filler. 

I love everything about this album from the music to the vocals to the attitude. PERFECTION!!!

The follow up self titled album is also right up there amongst my favourites. Alas, all subsequent releases have paled in comparison to those first two.

It's almost impossible for me to pick a favorite track, but if I had a gun to my head, then I'd go with "Hell Child".

Edited by Darkstone

Incredible release and a must have for any fan of the genre. 
Always loved this album but I seem to appreciate it more over time. Lynch was on fire. 

Favourite tracks seem to change each listen but at the moment I’m really enjoyed Dance Of The Dogs and No Bed Of Roses. 

As you rightly say my friend.. Killer!

• Like 1

Brilliant release,no skips as you've said and from that opening riff it just keeps on going...all great tracks but my favs are "She's Evil But She's Mine" & "Through These Eyes"...a classic.

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

I think most of you know I kinda jumped into this scene late. 2006 is really when I became seriously invested in Melodic Rock and Metal, and you can imagine I was already inundated with all the releases coming out at the time. So there are still many, many classics I've never got around to. 

I'm listening to this for the first time, if you can believe that. Fucking sensational!

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
12 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I think most of you know I kinda jumped into this scene late. 2006 is really when I became seriously invested in Melodic Rock and Metal, and you can imagine I was already inundated with all the releases coming out at the time. So there are still many, many classics I've never got around to. 

I'm listening to this for the first time, if you can believe that. Fucking sensational!

You do alright mate, for someone who's only seriously been into this stuff since 2006. I would never have thought that.

One of the things I love about this music is sharing it with like minded people, especially the younger ones like yourself who appreciate it. Cheers.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 1:10 AM, Dead Planet said:

Excellent release and the only thing that Lynch has done other than Dokken worth having...imo

What I was going to say.

I absolutely love this album....Just excellent.  What's strange for me thought is that nothing else Lynch Mob ever did really did much for me for whatever reason.  Think they just kind of lost me with their constant bickering and lineup changes.

This is one album that has seemed to always get pulled off the shelf at least a few times a year for a spin and I enjoy it every time.  It still sounds fresh to me as just didn't get overplayed like some other stuff.  

One thing I really enjoyed on the last MORC was finally getting to see Lynch Mob live with Oni at the helm.  They played this album in full and while Oni was a bit under the weather and couldn't hit the notes like he wanted, I still enjoyed it.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
15 hours ago, tts42572 said:

What I was going to say.

I absolutely love this album....Just excellent.  What's strange for me thought is that nothing else Lynch Mob ever did really did much for me for whatever reason.  Think they just kind of lost me with their constant bickering and lineup changes.

This is one album that has seemed to always get pulled off the shelf at least a few times a year for a spin and I enjoy it every time.  It still sounds fresh to me as just didn't get overplayed like some other stuff.  

One thing I really enjoyed on the last MORC was finally getting to see Lynch Mob live with Oni at the helm.  They played this album in full and while Oni was a bit under the weather and couldn't hit the notes like he wanted, I still enjoyed it.

That cruise sounds incredible. I've never been on one, but they've always fascinated me. Are there many chicks on board?

8 hours ago, Darkstone said:

That cruise sounds incredible. I've never been on one, but they've always fascinated me. Are there many chicks on board?

LOL....I guess there are quite a few.  I'm not sure if "chicks" or "cougars" would be the better description though!

It was a fantastic time and I'd highly recommend it.  I've only been the one time as I also always wanted to go and finally bit the bullet and went.  Hopefully will get the chance to go again in the future if things ever get back to normal.

It's just amazing having basically 3-4 concerts going on every hour for 4-5 days straight.  Also just really cool walking around the ship and randomly bumping into band members everywhere you go.      

I've told my wife I don't think I'll ever be able to do a "regular" cruise again lol.

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
38 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

LOL....I guess there are quite a few.  I'm not sure if "chicks" or "cougars" would be the better description though!

It was a fantastic time and I'd highly recommend it.  I've only been the one time as I also always wanted to go and finally bit the bullet and went.  Hopefully will get the chance to go again in the future if things ever get back to normal.

It's just amazing having basically 3-4 concerts going on every hour for 4-5 days straight.  Also just really cool walking around the ship and randomly bumping into band members everywhere you go.      

I've told my wife I don't think I'll ever be able to do a "regular" cruise again lol.

It sounds awesome. 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

I've never done a "regular" cruise. Only the MOR Cruise a few times. I could never do a "regular" cruise. What would you even do?

And, yeah, dunno if the term "chicks" applies anymore. I love people watching, and the absolute best people to watch are cougars. So there was much enjoyment in that regard, too. Wearing clothes they might have got away with when they were 20, but now nothing is where it should be. Oh, man! It was amazing! And then you'd see the same women on the cruise the following year, and the outfits got even more outrageous!

It's been far, far too long since I've been on the cruise. My travel buddies, my brothers, are no longer in a place where they can afford it--whether financially, or simply time away from family--and I can't afford to book a cabin to myself, so I guess it'll remain a dream. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Darkstone said:

That cruise sounds incredible.

The only Cruise I stand a chance of seeing where I live is his new movie in the cinema  :) and now even that isnt happening...ironic really.

Flawless as it gets. The epitome of cool.

Not a filler in sight but my favs are "No Bed Of Roses" (which I always sing as "never said we'd be no guns n roses)), Through These Eyes, the title track and River Of Love.

• Like 1