Mystery Song

Leykis101

Somebody posted this song on here years ago, I snagged it, but never did figure out if the Mystery was ever solved, if nobody knows im going to post it on FB and I just reposted it back on YouTube, killer song, suprised I cant figure out who sings it, perhaps cause it's a little samey, and by the book sounding, still good though.

Nobody in the melodic mafia knows who it is, you guys who don't do anything but surf through HH and find shit, NOLAN, you guys that are good at it I mean, should scour through the forums here and try to find the original post of this song, find out who posted it, Honestly you guys talk shit to me at least once a week, re-posting shit I posted back when I was snagged out on heroin and coke, ranting about shit, you guys seem to enjoy going back in the archives to find I completely trashed some one off band, only to find out 2 years in sobriety, I never even remembered hearing of them let alone hearing them, and I discover hey, this shits pretty good(Big Money) well you fucking scumbags think it's funny to re-post some shit I said about Big Money in like 02, and I let you thump your chests, but right now we need to do some of that top level CIA\SIS\Mossad\ shit, see if you can find the original poster of this song, I almost am starting to wonder if it wasn't that posters original material he was cat-fishing around to see what people said about it, cause is there really a band of this quality that absolutely nobody's heard of? the greatest minds on the planet as far as this music goes, and nobody's heard it, I don't buy that, theres something else to it, if it was recorded on a cassette recorder in a garage, then maybe, but it's just to polished.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah, I have to say it does sound too polished to be nobodies. 

There's a shit load of songs on the main database with the title "Surrender". It's a very popular title.

Are they Female vocals?

Ya know what bro? somebody posted this song on here literally in like 04 or 05, trying to figure out who it was, I had to snag it and I kept it, as you know other things got more important in my life, I forgot all about it, but I discovered I had uploaded it to youtube just in case I lost it, which is exactly why I do it, but nobody on here new who it was, I was way to high to investigate and I dont believe it ever got resolved, nobody on youtube since 2007 has known who it was, and none of the fags in the melodic mafia knew it, thats strange bro, I mean if I dont know it or cant figure it out, I start to get a little suspect of it, not stroke my own schlong or anything, but I am fairly innovative when I get fucking mad, and not being able to figure something out gets me pretty fucking mad, but serious bro, I mean between here and Facebook and Youtube, I dont know who or where I could possibly find a bigger more sophisticated pool of knowledge concerning our music, or that there even is one in the world, thats a heavy statement bro, but im starting to get into retard mode, where I fucking well, become retarded trying to figure something out, if i dont have it after Nolan mode, oops, then Im just going to have to think that song does not exist, it's a figment of my imagination.

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

Ya know what bro? somebody posted this song on here literally in like 04 or 05, trying to figure out who it was, I had to snag it and I kept it, as you know other things got more important in my life, I forgot all about it, but I discovered I had uploaded it to youtube just in case I lost it, which is exactly why I do it, but nobody on here new who it was, I was way to high to investigate and I dont believe it ever got resolved, nobody on youtube since 2007 has known who it was, and none of the fags in the melodic mafia knew it, thats strange bro, I mean if I dont know it or cant figure it out, I start to get a little suspect of it, not stroke my own schlong or anything, but I am fairly innovative when I get fucking mad, and not being able to figure something out gets me pretty fucking mad, but serious bro, I mean between here and Facebook and Youtube, I dont know who or where I could possibly find a bigger more sophisticated pool of knowledge concerning our music, or that there even is one in the world, thats a heavy statement bro, but im starting to get into retard mode, where I fucking well, become retarded trying to figure something out, if i dont have it after Nolan mode, oops, then Im just going to have to think that song does not exist, it's a figment of my imagination.

I'm the same. I'm pretty good when it comes to tracking shit down and It annoys the fuck out of me when I can't. 

• Thanks 1

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

I don't think "sophisticated pool of knowledge concerning our music" and my name should be in the same sentence. Or run-on sentence. Or whatever it's called when you type an essay. I still feel very much a rookie when stacked up next to you guys. I'm always learning something new from you lot. But I'm still up for the challenge. 

That song came from somebody on heavy harmonies forum, if you guys can do whatever it is you do, and try to find the post and who it was, I will contact the person, and try and figure it out

On 2/19/2021 at 4:23 PM, Darkstone said:

Yeah, I have to say it does sound too polished to be nobodies. 

There's a shit load of songs on the main database with the title "Surrender". It's a very popular title.

Are they Female vocals?

Yes those are female vocals.

It does sound demo'y though. Better than average but still a little off.

Good song though.

As for relocating the original post that would take more than minute.

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

That song came from somebody on heavy harmonies forum, if you guys can do whatever it is you do, and try to find the post and who it was, I will contact the person, and try and figure it out

The search function is all about key words. I know it's a big ask, but can you remember any words from the post or thread title? 

definitely a demo so you little chance of discovering this artist.

however I wouldn't be so sure that is female vocals - I thought it sounded a little like Mark Free.

OK Darkstone, No I only remember that the song was called Surrender, I have off and on here and there, tried to find out who it was, I found it on here sometime around like 04 to 07 maybe, nobody on here had any clue who it was, so far nobody Ive met on the face of the earth has ever heard or know who it is.

At no time in the 15 or so years ive known about that song did I ever think it was a bitch singing, I always heard a dude.

The demo thing as you probably read above was the 2nd thing I went to when I started realizing the biggest brains in our music had zero clue who it was, everybody on nere was frantically trying to figure out who it was, if I remember right, it was at my last notice, never solved,

among the many many many avenues of trying to ring my brain of any even tiny off streets I might try to figure it out, I oddly had one flash through my mind that was very off, but very possible, and that was that whoever it was on here that originally put that song up, couldve been catfishing his own demo to try and draw out some kind of overall opinion about the song, I know thats some fucking far out crazy acid trip thinking, but like I said, ive never in my life come acrosed a song that I didnt sooner or later uncover and solve, songs from my childhood that I could hear in my head with such clarity that were so vivid, 20 years later I still heard them like yesterday, and could nver figure out who they were, all have been solved, this song remains the 1 and only 1 song I have never come close too, so as paranoid and odd as it sounds, at this point im willing to start believing the most outrageous of scenarios when it comes to this, since none of the surface searching has gotten me anywhere, what I do know is the approach Ive taken for as long as theres been a mother fucking song I couldn't figure out, its this, Somebody or body's, somewhere on this planet wrote and recorded that song, whenever and wherever that was, pretty stupid right? it means somebody somewhere obviously made that track, therefore those people know it's out there, and eventually if you stay dedicated to looking, and through all the different circles of people, eventually your going to slam into your goal, the further it gets away from whenever it was made, is the biggest obstacle, people die, genres change, life changes, I cant tell, and I have a fairly knowledgeable ear for audio, i cant determine if that's a high end demo, or if the source was FM, or a DAT(remember DATS?) or even a cassette tape? hard to tell, anyways, tomorrow I get a fucking day off, maybe I'll smoke a whole bunch of crack and heroin and search every inch of this website until i find it, or I'll probably just casually look stoned on weed until i get bored and stop?? im about done though, this song has burned me out, it's a good song, but not even remotely as fucking good as the time Ive put into looking. FUCK THIS SONG.

I have a awesome idea I just thought of, it never fails, I will figure the song out, rerecord it here at my house, plagiarize the fuck out of it, then release it on Itunes with my own writing credits on it, and collect all the royalties under my own name, but with my luck that will be the one and only time the original writers wouldn't catch on and show themselves, cause that's the way my luck goes.

mate there were probably 1000s of demo tracks like this back in the day that never got properly released or recorded. literally 100s of acts / singers trying to make it that never got anywhere and moved on.

let it go. It's not even that great of a song. Heard millions of other surrender songs that are heaps better and still relatively unknown (to most) 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Glen said:

mate there were probably 1000s of demo tracks like this back in the day that never got properly released or recorded. literally 100s of acts / singers trying to make it that never got anywhere and moved on.

let it go. It's not even that great of a song. Heard millions of other surrender songs that are heaps better and still relatively unknown (to most) 

You don't get it man, it's not even about that stupid song anymore, it hasn't been about that song for years, I'm fully aware of that there was one or two bands who put out an unclaimed demo or two, that's the irony of my remark of somebody out there knows who it is, and the fact nobody else has figured it out yet creeps into my sub-con and slowly eats away until it completely frazzles me that I cant fucking complete something, I cant fail, it will drive me insane bro, which might be why i have never not been able to figure out who sings a song, if you look hard enough and trace the song back properly it will always lead somewhere, and that's my problem, I haven't given enough of a fuck about this song, until I just came across ed it again, it's not that good of a song, thank god, but it's good enough to spark a mix of intrigue and mystery, that song is good enough to be a single off someones album, I mean I haven't any idea what im talking about on this im guessing, but that song isnt demo quality writing, thank you glen for telling me I couldn't do it, I needed that spark, you are the man, and I am going to list you in the victory credits when I figure it out, or you will be the victory credit when I don't?

4 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

You don't get it man, it's not even about that stupid song anymore, it hasn't been about that song for years, I'm fully aware of that there was one or two bands who put out an unclaimed demo or two, that's the irony of my remark of somebody out there knows who it is, and the fact nobody else has figured it out yet creeps into my sub-con and slowly eats away until it completely frazzles me that I cant fucking complete something, I cant fail, it will drive me insane bro, which might be why i have never not been able to figure out who sings a song, if you look hard enough and trace the song back properly it will always lead somewhere, and that's my problem, I haven't given enough of a fuck about this song, until I just came across ed it again, it's not that good of a song, thank god, but it's good enough to spark a mix of intrigue and mystery, that song is good enough to be a single off someones album, I mean I haven't any idea what im talking about on this im guessing, but that song isnt demo quality writing, thank you glen for telling me I couldn't do it, I needed that spark, you are the man, and I am going to list you in the victory credits when I figure it out, or you will be the victory credit when I don't?

bhahaha. The guy or gal who sang this is probably 50 something now , married with kids and teaching f geography or something. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Glen said:

bhahaha. The guy or gal who sang this is probably 50 something now , married with kids and teaching f geography or something. 

or does hardcore bdsm flix and is looking for the long lost star of G-Off Studios earliest films who was shit canned for refusing to do a quadruple anal seen without lube.

• Haha 1

• My Little Pony
12 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

I've just checked and it's actually on the main site database. It was right under Cody's nose this whole time!

Geoff even commented on the album, saying how much he loved this song, so if only he read this thread.