Hardline - Double Eclipse (1992)

Aordave89

Guess one of the positives working from home is I have more time to listen to music. Couple of months ago I decided to revisit my AOR/Hair Metal/Melodic Rock collection, feels great to spin these albums again.

Double Eclipse - Absolute classic of our genre. No doubt at all. Stunning from start to finish. Nice to hear Schon cut loose and Gioeli is in top form. One of my favourites from 1992. 

On an album full of perfection I always had a soft spot for ‘I’ll Be There’. Superb track.

If anyone saw these guys back in 92 I’d love to hear their thoughts.

Awesome Japanese bonus track -

• Like 1

I played Ill Be there at a rock station, I thinkk I Cant Find My Way is a absolutely beautiful song, and I fucking despise ballads.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

I played Ill Be there at a rock station, I thinkk I Cant Find My Way is a absolutely beautiful song, and I fucking despise ballads.

I’m okay with a ballad or 2 but I much prefer a higher ratio of rockers. Agreed it’s a stunning ballad. In The Hands Of Time ain’t half bad either. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony

"Love Leads the Way" is an essential track. I understand why the Japanese pressings had bonus tracks, but I don't understand why bands would elect to have some of their best songs be said bonus tracks, and ensure the majority of their fanbase would never hear them. Until years later when the internet became much more established. 

The combination of "31-91" and "In the Hands of Time" is such a perfect album closer, I've sequenced "Love Leads the Way" between "Bad Taste" and "Can't Find My Way." The album flows much better, and, in my opinion, is complete. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

"Takin' Me Down" is one of THE songs of the era. I love "Hot Cherie" and "Everthing" also.

Actually, the whole album is a killer and definitely no skips required.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
19 minutes ago, Glen said:

Dec 92

That's pretty awesome mate. Did you have the album at that stage? It would have been great regardless, but it would have been even better if you were already familiar with the tracks.

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

That's pretty awesome mate. Did you have the album at that stage? It would have been great regardless, but it would have been even better if you were already familiar with the tracks.

yeah defo had the album. We went for Hardline but Extreme were good too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Saw Hardline with Schon live supporting extreme

Jammy git...saw Extreme on that tour and we got King Of The Hill as support...fucking singer changed his hat more than he sang/we got songs...still that was no bad thing I suppose :)

As for this album,absolute belter,a no skip for me,its got it all Rockers,Ballads,Production,Musicianship...pretty much perfect to my ears,it still gets regular spins.

Edited by lettard
  • Haha 1