Paul Laine - Stick it in Your Ear (1990)

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Another one that I'm sure we all know and love. I've also posted the four bonus tracks from the 2011 re-release. This is as close to perfect as you can get. The production on this and the follow up is the only (very) slight nitpick. 

His second album is great too, but this one is very special to me. Very high rotation back in the day. 

I was already a huge fan of his albums when I found out he was the new D2 frontman.

I've grown to love "Dawn", but it was a slight disappointment at the time. D2 and Paul certainly got back on track after that.

Paul Laine has been in the business for quite a while now. I find it strange that he only has two solo albums and his last one was 25 years ago! C'mon Frontiers! Even a re-recording with better production would be great.

It's a travesty that only a relatively small amount of people such as ourselves are aware of this album, but I kinda like that.  ;)

• Like 1

Awesome album. Love Paul’s voice and his various projects. How good is the outro to We Are The Young??

Love the D2 Cockroach version with Paul also. For that to stand up to the Poley version is no mean feat. 
Of course The Defiants are killer too!

• Like 1

Yeah a very good disc,nice to hear it again,don't have those bonus tracks as mine is the Elektra release,must check them out.Enjoyed his "Can't Get Enuff" disc also along with his Defiants work,was never massive on his DD stuff,yes he's a great singer,but I prefer the Ted stuff if i'm honest,still nothing wrong with the Paul stuff either.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 2

It'd be impossible not to love this album. More or less everything I love about melodic rock, and 'Dorianna' will always be one of my favourite songs, even if I understand that Paul himself is not the biggest fan. Killer disc. 'We are the young,' 'Heart of a America,' 'Is it love' and 'I'll be there,' though... all pure class. 

I'm sure I have those bonus tracks but 'Only your heart' doesn't ring a bell. Must double-check - immense. 

• Like 2

Incredible album, full of passion. "Dorianna" is THE summer night drive anthem for me, so majestic!

I think the production is fine btw, it maybe sounds a little dated but it's not like it doesn't do the music justice. I'd much rather leave it alone as re-recordings rarely accomplish anything other than sucker dedicated fans out of money.

Edited by Eric3
  • Like 1

A must have in your collection.

Remember reading an interview with Paul, " Can't Get Enuff' were just demos that didn't make " Stick, etc " not a second album.

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Doggy said:

A must have in your collection.

Remember reading an interview with Paul, " Can't Get Enuff' were just demos that didn't make " Stick, etc " not a second album.

Yeah, still a great album, but the production is very poor on that one.

• Like 1