Santa Cruz - Moonchild

Fuck Yeah!!

Anywho...Hit and miss for me,loved Screaming For Adrenaline,was a bit meh on the others until Katharsis which I enjoyed,but i'm all ears to hear what they're at now...I take it no more new band members in or out from the last release or is that just being silly?

Edited by lettard

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Gotthardline said:

Sounds better than the last album but damn this band has gone downhill in recent years 

Pretty decent song though I guess 

Agreed. Far off from their previous brilliance. 

Not really sure this is a ‘band’ anymore.. or if it is it’s a one man band. 

Massive fan of the previous Cruz outputs barring Katharsis.. few good tunes and the rest was bang average. Such a shame the original 4 disbanded - the talent was insane. 

Bad Blood Rising is my favourite of theirs. So good. Previous 2 before that are awesome also.

New tune is decent enough. Next single ‘Crossfire’ out in March. 

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Where did the other boys end up? Are they still making music?

As far as I’m aware Middy the bass player wasn’t doing anything until forming Bodom After Midnight with Alexi Laiho, sadly that won’t be anymore. RIP Alexi. 

Drummer Taz I have no idea. Not sure he has done anything notable since. 

Guitarist Johnny has a studio and has been recording / producing. He is producing the new Reckless Love album I believe (including last years single ‘Loaded’). 

I always hoped once Cruz disbanded the remaining 3 guys would continue. Serious amount of talent and one hell of a live show. Shame really. 

• 11 months later...

273930549_496283081859165_53664720342192

"Under The Gun", the first cut from the upcoming 5th consecutive Santa Cruz album "The Return Of The Kings" out Feb 25th. Pre-save NOW
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

If this is the first song, looks like Moonchild and Crossfire don't make the cut, but then again they have a history of releasing non album singles.

Well that's about a thousand times better than 'Moonchild.' But you don't reckon this is on the album? That'd be sad. 

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Well that's about a thousand times better than 'Moonchild.' But you don't reckon this is on the album? That'd be sad. 

Well it says that the upcoming single is the first from the new album, so am guessing neither of these two will make the cut.

To my knowledge they released two non album tracks between Self titled and Bad blood rising (Skydiving without a parachute & Drag me down) .

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Isn't Archie playing all the instruments on that video? LOL

That's what I was trying to figure out with the drummer. His face is always obscured but is it him too, even though both share the screen at several moments? It's actually a really awkward clip because of this. 

15 minutes ago, Geoff said:

That's what I was trying to figure out with the drummer. His face is always obscured but is it him too, even though both share the screen at several moments? It's actually a really awkward clip because of this. 

Agreed. I kept trying to get a face shot of each member but they are all onscured or it's Archie. I think it's all Archie and obviously very awkward. 

One semi decent face shot and it didn't look like him on drums, but it was still blurry.

Have to say though, regardless of who is or isnt in the band, this is a catchy as hell song and the two guitar solos fucking rip.

If this is the direction the new album goes rather that the last album and Moonchild, then it could be a true return to form and I would not care if Jesus, Hitler and Osama Bin Laden were members.

• Haha 1