Saraya - When the Blackbird Sings (1991) + 2

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

This and the debut are two of my gems. Perfect Female Fronted MHR.

the intro to "Hitchin' a Ride" will blow you away! 

I was lucky enough to see Tony Bruno perform with Joan Jett in the early nineties at a great venue here at the time called "The Cathouse". I reckon Doggy may have been there also.

I've also posted "Healing Touch" from the debut (probably my favourite Saraya track) and "Timeless Love", one of the best ballads ever that doesn't appear on either album.

Edited by Darkstone

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

That surprises me mate. I thought you would have been all over Saraya. 

Wasn't a big fan of any female fronted bands. Some I liked (L7, Phantom Blue, Lita Ford) and others like Saraya and Femme Fatale didn't do a thing for me.

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
15 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

And don't forget Vixen (loved) and Girlschool (didn't love!)

When it comes to best Female Fronted Rock bands, Vixen are certainly in the conversation. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

I liked both of these albums (the second one more so) but was never as big a fan of them as say Lita or Vixen (and a multitude of others).

That said, Timeless Love is one of the best ballads of that era for me.

• Like 1

Prefer "When The Blackbird Sings" over the debut ,the song Timeless Love is very good ,its from the Shocker soundtrack ain't it? Just seen Bad Reputation have reissued the debut ,wonder if the 2nd will follow with the addition of Timeless Love as a bonus track as they tend to do that.

• Like 1

I got that Demos album, theres some awesome songs that shouldve been on the debut way before some of the songs on there, like The Only Way To Hold On, Is To Let Go, thats a fucking shitty recording and still an awesome song, but outside of songs like Runnin Out Of Time and Back To The Bullet, Blackbird completely smokes the ST, not even in the same ball park As far as my ears are concerned.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Love Vixen and I'll add Chrissy Steele - Magnet To Steele release....

Now that was a killer album. Magnet To Steel got worn out for me. 

Still love the flawless "Love Don't Last Forever".

7 hours ago, lettard said:

Just seen Bad Reputation have reissued the debut ,wonder if the 2nd will follow with the addition of Timeless Love as a bonus track as they tend to do that.

Turns out that Timeless Love is actually on the new Bad Reputation self titled release as a bonus track.

• Thanks 1

Big fan of Saraya. First heard the debut when I was working at Musicland. Sandi worked at a Musicland store so the chain gave her a  bit of a push. Loved it immediately. The followup was even better. It's a crime that they stopped making new albums. 

• Like 2

One of the most flawless sounding albums of that time... just a pity it didn't quite translate in terms of song quality. But I loved how they came back so beefy, as did many bands in 1991. It sounds killer and there are enough highlights to ensure this holds a fond place in my memory. 

'Tear down the wall' is an absolute killer, but this album does actually possess one of my probably top 10-20 songs of all time. Which one, you ask. Well, I was and always have been the most massive fan imaginable of 'When you see me again.' Basically a perfect song. 

• Like 1