Heartland - Into The Future

Stefan

heartland2b-2btravelling2bthrough2btime.

New album coming later this year through Escape Music.

Heartland 2021:

Chris Ousey (vocals)
Mike Slamer (guitar, keyboards)
Barish Kepic (guitar)
Wayne Banks (bass)
Dave Anthony (drums)
Ged Rylands (keyboards)

Edited by Stefan

This one could have legs with Slamer being involved,I fell outta love with em after Wide Open,with III being the last one that I would give any time to, it became same cd after same cd for me after that,loved the debut and aforementioned Wide Open though, so fingers crossed.

lol, I saw this thread and moaned to myself and thought, oh, okay... uh, rad. 

Then I opened it up and read this;

Mike Slamer (guitar, keyboards)
Barish Kepic (guitar)

Smack my balls against the wall, can't wait for it now! What a killer combo I cannot wait to hear. 

• 1 month later...

From Khalil Turk (Escape Music):

I have just received Heartland the final mixes from Maestro Mike Slamer not only he produced and arranged the album, Mike also plays guitars and keyboards on the 13 songs...All I can say is a Killer sounding record! Wow! The album will be mastered by Steve Mann

A good project  with some great songs spread over the albums, so looking forward to hearing what they come up with, especially with Mike Slamer on board

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2021 at 3:05 PM, lettard said:

This one could have legs with Slamer being involved,I fell outta love with em after Wide Open,with III being the last one that I would give any time to, it became same cd after same cd for me after that,loved the debut and aforementioned Wide Open though, so fingers crossed.

Man, you really missed then on Move On and Mind Your Head, their last ones!!! I could not get them out of my head, especially Move On. Played it nonstop for a week after release,

• Stefan changed the title to Heartland - Into The Future
  • 4 weeks later...

cover.jpg

From Escape Music:

Release date: 22nd October 2021
Chris Ousey - Lead Vocals
Mike Slamer – Guitars and Keyboards (Steve Walsh / The City Boys / Street)
Barish Kepic – Guitar and keyboards  (Jaded Heart)
Ged Rylands – keyboards  (Ten / Rage Of Angels / Tyketto)
Wayne Banks – Bass  (Saxon / Brazen Abbot / Roin Gibb)
David Anthony – Drums  (Dennis DeYoung)
Produced: Chris Ousey and Khalil Turk
Co Produced, Production Directions and Mixed by Mike Slamer
Mastered by Steve Mann (Michael Schenker / Lionheart)

Chris Ousey has had an excellent singing career that goes way back to the times of “Monroe” and “Virginia Wolf” and along the way we have had “The Distance”, “Ozone” and “Snakecharmer” but he will always be known for the much loved “Heartland”. He is nicknamed “The man with the golden tonsils” and that is a fine accolade indeed for he has earned it. His effortless vocal range has gained him a top spot in the world of classic UK hard rock.

Heartland was formed in 1990 by Chris Ousey and Gary Sharpe and Steve Morris joined in 1995 when Heartland III was released (the first release for Escape Music). Steve has been in the band since then right up the 2007 release “Mind Your head”.

“Into the Future” marks a new era for Heartland, their brand-new release and a fantastic new line up with Chris’s vocals still showing no signs of tiring! This marks their 10th Studio album, a milestone indeed

Here we have an album that reflects the prowess of all the musicians involved on this album, featuring the fantastic Mike Slamer (City Boy / Streets / Seventh Key / Steelhouse Lane) and Ged Rylands (Ten / Rage of Angels / Tyketto) along with the seasoned Barish Kepic, Wayne Banks and David Anthony.

“Into the Future” is typically Heartland, the style is immediately recognised yet there is a fresh, vibrant feel that gives the fans something new. The song “Foreign Land” has already had an airing (Escape-Music.com) and is a typical song from the album, this is what melodic rock is all about!

Edited by Stefan

• 2 months later...

It is now officialy also released also on youtube. The production sounds excellent, the reviews are great. But after 2 listens I am not convinced  from the melody or vocals. I prefered Slamer much more with Seventh key or Terry Brock.. I hope it is a grower  

• 7 months later...