Touch - Tomorrow Never Comes

Stefan

1.jpg?w=1024

From Escape Music:

Escape Music pleased and delighted to announce the signing of the band TOUCH with their brand new 
reunion album “Tomorrow Never Comes".

TOUCH is an American band from New York City formed in 1978 with Mark Mangold (keyboards and vocals), Glenn Kithcart (drums), Craig Brooks (guitars and vocals)  and Doug Howard (bass and vocals).

All previously had been in the last version of the band American Tears (releasing three albums on Columbia Records).

Touch's first album was released on Atco in the U.S. and Ariola in Europe and their first singles, "Don't You Know What Love Is" and "When The Spirit Moves You" charted on the Billboard Hot 100.  "Don't You Know What Love Is" was played heavily on AOR stations in the USA at the end of the 1970s and early '80's, and also did well in the Melody Maker chart in Great Britain.

Touch was the first band to play at the inaugural Monsters of Rock Festival at Castle Donington in 1980.  A live version of "Don't You Know What Love Is" appeared on the compilation LP Monsters of Rock, documenting performances at the festival.

Known for their memorable and diverse songs, stellar musicianship, lush vocal harmonies and dynamic stage performance, Touch is invariably on the list of TOP AOR Bands and their album is considered by many to be among the best AOR Melodic Rock albums of all time.

The band have now reformed to create the new album "Tomorrow Never Comes", which is being hailed as their best work to date

Release Date: 26th March 2021
Catalogue No: ESM351

Track lists:
1   TOMORROW NEVER COMES  4:58
2   LET IT COME  4:16
3   SWAN SONG  7:44
4   TRY TO LET GO  4:49
5   FIRE AND ICE   4:37
6   TRIPPIN' OVER SHADOWS  4:53
7   FROZEN GROUND   6:07
8   LIL BIT OF ROCK N ROLL  4:21
9   GLASS   4:16
10  SCREAM AT THE SKY  5:29
11  WANNA HEAR YOU SAY  5:07
12  RUN FOR YOUR LIFE  4:32

Touch is:
Craig Brooks: Guitars / Vocals
Mark Mangold: Keyboards / Vocals
Glenn Kithcart: Drums / Vocals
Doug Howard: Bass / Vocals

Can't wait for this one. As I said elsewhere, if it's even half as good as the mighty debut album, this will be a killer album. I've heard one track so far and it promises a lot. Crossing my fingers big time

I hope my Pompy ol' ears will be jizzing.

35 minutes ago, Thomas/Coastline said:

I hope my Pompy ol' ears will be jizzing.

You may be frapping like a good 'un Thomas ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The debut album remains one of my favourite albums of all time, so maybe I was expecting too much with this one. I'm not going to say i'm disappointed with this, as It's a good album, very good in spots, but to get anywhere near the quality of debut album was always going to be an impossible task. The songs are there, but this is let down a little by the production side of things, especially drums, which are very thin in spots and sound even programmed to my ears. The big, harmonies of the debut aren't as prominent  and neither are Mark Mangold's keys, both major factors which made the debut so magical, even to this day. Will be interesting to hear others view points who loved the debut, and even the second Todd Rundgren produced album, which is excellent in places too. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...