Eden's Curse reunion

AlphaMale

What a sham. Weren't even apart 2 years. Publicity stunt.

And still no Michael Eden, the original voice. 

Cardinal was so piss weak. I hope they can give us another Trinity. I doubt it though.

This excites me ZERO.

https://www.edenscurse.com/news-1

Eden's Curse Reform

23/01/2021

rEden's Curse Reform
23/01/2021

Multinational Melodic Hard Rockers Eden's Curse have reformed and have begun working on their sixth studio album, the follow up to 2016's 'Cardinal'.

Founding member and bassist, Paul Logue, who was recently identified as the unnamed Scottish musician working with James LaBrie of Dream Theater on his upcoming new Acoustic Solo album, made the announcement last weekend during a Facebook Live session commemorating the band's 15th anniversary.

After almost two years apart, Logue commented on why the band decided to reform now: "There were some things in my personal life that required my undivided attention, coupled with the state of the current music scene that forced us to call it a day. However, what shone through during our time away and really pulled us back in was the love that our dedicated fan base still held for the band and our music. It really humbled us”.

Logue went onto add "The camaraderie in the band is second to none, we really missed each other’s company and making music together. So it was inevitable when we all spoke to each other that we all wanted to get back together".

Joining bassist Logue are Serbian vocalist Nikola Mijic, German virtuoso guitarist and original member Thorsten Koehne, Scottish drummer John Clelland and Finnish keyboard maestro Christian 'Chrism' Pulkkinen, ensuring the ‘Cardinal’ line-up returns in its entirety. It will be the first time Eden’s Curse have retained the same line-up since 2008’s ‘The Second Coming’ release.

“It’s been well documented that we have been through several line-up changes over the years, which happens to most bands. But some stability will do us no harm at all and it’s testament (no pun intended) to how well we get on and respect each other’s role in the band. Eden’s Curse has never been, or will ever be, all about one person. It is the sum of all parts. We are thrilled to be back and cannot wait to get to work on the new album” said Logue.

He also confirmed that he is reaching the final stages of production on the acoustic album with James LaBrie, in which he is also joined by Eden’s Curse keyboard player Chrism. He will concentrate on finishing that record before writing begins in earnest for album number six. “I have several basic music ideas, song titles and lyrical ideas, which are popping into my head continuously and being recorded for later use” Logue added.

Until next time,
STAY CURSED \m/
Paul, TK, Nikola, John & Chrism

ayer Chrism. He will concentrate on finishing that record before writing begins in earnest for album number six. “I have several basic music ideas, song titles and lyrical ideas, which are popping into my head continuously and being recorded for later use” Logue added.

Until next time,
STAY CURSED \m/
Paul, TK, Nikola, John & Chrism

I haven't seen a single positive comment about this news.

Did they have some good tunes? Yes...... first 3 albums are all stellar.

I think they just lost their nuts when the new singer joined. Is he a better "singer" than Eden? Probably.

But "Symphony Of Sin" was basically hard rock and no longer metal. And like I said, "Cardinal" was a terrible album.

About a year or so ago, I spoke to Michael Eden on the phone for quite awhile.

He was a cool dude and the stories he told about Logue and the guitarist's hair piece...... LMAO!

Edited by AlphaMale

23 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is it really a reunion if Michael Eden isn't included?

Not in my opinion.

Trinity absolutely smokes the 2 albums with Nikola. 

Symphony was okayish but Cardinal was dogshit.

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is it really a reunion if Michael Eden isn't included?

I know, it's like having a Dokken reunion album without Don.

Just call it a new Eden's Curse album.

If Michael Eden was dead then fair enough, but...

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

lol, I'll listen to it but yeah, hardly the most exciting news I've heard this year. As noted, doesn't seem that long they've been gone. 

51 minutes ago, Jez said:

They're a nice bunch of guys...Eden is a twat.. Good luck to them .

I agree that Eden is a twat. But the fact is, they were a better band with him. 

Paul is a cool guy indeed. He didn't like when I told him that Cardinal was shit and that I hoped they got their edge back.

I even played Cardinal again just to make sure it was shit..... and lo and behold..... shit is an understatement. And those horrendous videos. LOL

They got some bad advice unless it was their idea. Those videos were beyond cheesy. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I missed this. Michael Eden is stilling selling CDs of the same shit. LOL

EDEN'S CURSE SET OCTOBER 30TH - DEVIL'S NIGHT - FOR SEVERAL NEW RELEASES

October 15, 2020, a year ago

news eden's curse

EDEN'S CURSE Set October 30th -  Devil's Night - For Several New Releases

Ryan Northrop, Metal Mayhem Music C.E.O. remarks, "I never thought Persecution - the ten-CD Eden’s Curse Box Set could be topped in all honesty. I started talking with Michael Eden last March while people were stuck at home. We were both looking to top the box set and decided that vinyl was the only way to do that."

Legendary mastering engineer Howie Weinberg (Def Leppard, Ozzy Osbourne, Rush) was brought on board to master the band's first vinyl release, simply entitled Cursed.

Eden says, "Without question, Howie Weinberg is one of the finest mastering engineers in the world. He worked alongside Bob Ludwig at Gateway in New York, and let's be very honest here... This isn't some guy in his basement playing around. Howie was first class all the way and delivered in spades. He did an analog master that we are using for the vinyl release and a digital master that we are using for the CD of the same title, life is good."

Cursed will be available on 180g audiophile vinyl and available in three colors: red, yellow, and white. Each color will be limited to 100 pieces worldwide. This is a signed and numbered edition.

Along with the vinyl release will come two separate CD releases. The first will be a 2 CD set called Signature. This is the only complete collection of Eden's Curse bonus tracks featuring the original singer. 19 songs + 2. The second CD is the digital version of the Cursed vinyl release. All will be available directly through Facebook, eBay, Discogs, and several other retail outlets.

CURSED%20-%20BRAVE%20WORDS.jpg

Cursed tracklisting:

"Masquerade Ball"
"Trinity"
"Fly Away"
"Angels & Demons"
"Games People Play"
"Judgement Day"
"No Holy Man"
"Sail On"
"Fallen King"

SIGNATURE%20-%20BRAVE%20WORDS.jpg

Signature tracklisting:

Disc One
"Prisoner Of The Past" (The Second Coming / USA)
"Judgement Day" (Demo Version / Debut / Brazil)
"Never The Sinner" (Trinity / USA)
"Eden’s Curse" (Acoustic Demo / Debut / USA)
"What Are You Waiting For" (Karaoke Mix / The Second Coming / Japan)
"After The Love Is Gone" (Acoustic Version / Debut / Korea / Japan)
"Eden’s Curse" (Radio Edit / Debut / Japan)
"The Voice Inside" (Acoustic Demo / Debut / Japan)
"Fly Away" (Live / Seven Deadly Sins / USA)
"We Climb" (Trinity / Germany)

Disc Two
"Angels & Demons" (Alt Mix / The Second Coming / Germany)
"What Are You Waiting For" (Alt Mix / Debut / Russia / Germany)
"The Voice Inside" (Demo / Seven Deadly Sins / USA)
"Fly Away" (Acoustic Demo / Debut / USA)
"After The Love Is Gone" (Demo / Seven Deadly Sins / USA)
"Guardian Angel" (Acoustic Version / Trinity / Japan)
"Sail On" (Live / Seven Deadly Sins / USA)
"Man Against The World" (Alt Mix / The Second Coming / Germany)
"Unchain The Night" (Trinity / Japan)

Bonus Tracks
"No Holy Man" (Live / Revelation Live / USA)
"Judgement Day" (Live / Revelation Live / USA)

For further details, visit Eden's Curse on Facebook.